How do i get sponsors?

waggythegeek

Do I just email the company, saying "hey, will you give me free stuff, and in return, I'll advertise for you"?

EDIT: I mean a sponsored computer build.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

If it was that simple more people would do it, I imagine that already having an audience helps tremendously.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Usually they will message you, afaik.

A kid with a handful of subscribers isn't going to get review units.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Yes, pretty much if you have a big audience

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

You need to have something to offer in return ie. a serious following so they end up getting their moneys worth. They don't just give people free stuff.

If you're talking about reviews, message them with your channel and see what they say. If you're talking sponsored builds, you need to be good at doing custom builds, and more importantly you need to have a portfolio set up already, as well as a really good idea of what you want to do and detailed enough so they have some guarantee.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You need to be really good at something, so that thousands of people know who you are for your work

Like snef

So no, you're not going to get any sponsors just because you asked.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Usually they will message you, afaik.

A kid with a handful of subscribers isn't going to get review units.

Sorry guys, guess I was kinda unclear. I don't mean YouTube. I mean like a sponsored build, like in the forums here.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

find their PR contact on their site, email them 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sorry guys, guess I was kinda unclear. I don't mean YouTube. I mean like a sponsored build, like in the forums here.

Sponsored build guys have usually done a bunch of over the top builds out of their own pockets first.

They do some huge awesome builds, pay for everything. Do that a few times.

Then when you say "Hey I'm X here is my past work, I'm intending to do Y and I'll be doing build logs on 4 forums, youtube videos etc...." and then ask for if they want to sponsor anything.

They then know you deliver, know where the advertising is, and know people will actually be interested.

"Hey I'm doing my first build / first WC build etc and I was wondering if I could get ..."

They have no confirmation that your builds are any good, that anyone will see it etc. Its only worth it if the company will get the exposure they want.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Have a plan, a vision.
Explain to the vendor WHY your project is different from any one else putting parts in a case and show it on a forum.
What makes your project stand out from others.

You don´t need fancy renderings, pen and paper + photo of that does good, but explain and try to get the reader to see the same thing you see.

Prepare to back your vision up with what you have done earlier.
Do not count on getting sponsored in your 1st build.

A regular sponsor email starts with "i´m putting a Intel 5960x and 52 Titan blacks into..." -- that isn´t anything spectacular, anyone with a load of money or credit can do that. Its HOW you put that cpu and gpu´s together that matters.
Show the vendor, my idea is this - not what hardware you are using, everyone can put parts in a case.

On a personal note, i am a modder myself and also get alot of emails from other modders about sponsorships, 99% of my personal sponsoring is by the vendor approaching me.
And 99% of the people i sponsor as a Bitfenix rep. is the ones i find, not the ones who asks me.

So do something to make you visible, what you can do, not what you say you can do ;)

Its not WHAT you do
Its HOW you do it

I´m HP, the Bitfenix community rep. on LTT - Answering your questions about our products and hanging around in the forums!
Feel free to ask questions in the forums - Personal support issues/RMA -> support.bitfenix.com