The Witcher 3 vs GTA V [PC]

Cs342

I can only buy one of these games. Which one should I buy and why?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Depends on which type of game play style you like better

If neutral/draw:

If you haven't played it on console before then GTA V. Otherwise Witcher 3

"Rawr XD"

gta 5 will probably last longer

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I happen to have both and I vote for GTA V because multiplayer and countless hours of chaotic, mindless fun. Also because I find Witcher 3's combat system to be insanely confusing and overly complex, even the tutorials for the combat system were confusing the hell out of me.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Personally not a fan of The Witcher games. Tried out the second one on a free Steam weekend. GTA V gets my vote.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

for story, witcher. for online, gta

Keep in mind that I've already played GTA V on my friend's Xbox. The terrible controls and gameplay mechanics put me off almost immediately but I've never enjoyed any console game so that isn't saying much.

i just heard witcher 3 has 36 endings. replay value! i say got for that!

as much as i LOVE sex, killing, drugs, and GTA in general I found myself just driving around killing people and not doing missions.

8 hours into witcher and im crafting, questing, and not even out of the first town. holding my attention very well!

i just heard witcher 3 has 36 endings. replay value! i say got for that!

as much as i LOVE sex, killing, drugs, and GTA in general I found myself just driving around killing people and not doing missions.

8 hours into witcher and im crafting, questing, and not even out of the first town. holding my attention very well!

One thing I'm worried about is that I've never really gotten into any RPGs before as they've always bored me. Is the Witcher 3 any different?

GTA:V for me, great single player and fun multiplayer with friends. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

One thing I'm worried about is that I've never really gotten into any RPGs before as they've always bored me. Is the Witcher 3 any different?

yes and no. its a action RPG. so its not like Final Fantasy 2 turn based. you have total control and do combos when fighting and have to dodge and roll around, casts spells and toss bombs. GTA is just shooting and smashing someones face with a pistol grip. they both have cut scenes with voice acting but one both says fuck and cunt. someone else here can say how they differ cause now that i think about it, they really dont in many ways

Witcher being single player may get boring after a while, and who doesnt love killing cops in gta?

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Another thing I'm worried about is that I only have a 7970. Is that good enough to max out both games or at least run them on high settings at 1680x1050?

Multiplayer on GTA V is highly overrated. You'll spend 80% of the time looking at clouds and 20% of the time being grief by cheaters which are fucking everywhere.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Another thing I'm worried about is that I only have a 7970. Is that good enough to max out both games or at least run them on high settings at 1680x1050?

You can't max GTA5 with 7970, but the game runs great with some settings lowered to high. No idea about Witcher 3, you need to tweak it beyond in-game graphical setting to make it run ok.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

A 7970 will run the witcher 3 on high settings. A tip is to turn down these settings to medium ; foliage visibility range, shadow quality. Also make sure that hairworks is turned off. Between gta v and the witcher I found myself enjoying the witcher 3's atmosphere and world much more than gtas however thats my opinion. Gta however does have online aswell, and If you have friends that play gta I would get that first.

You cant go wrong which ever one you choose both are great games. Id edge towards the witcher 3. Maybe you should watch some gameplay videos. They're both long games so it shouldnt spoil too much.

Have both. Gta v is fun, like really fun just fucking around. Online is okay as most of it are noobs and leaver. Mods are great to kill time but recently gta update kills it if not wrong.

Witcher is a beautiful game. Starts from 1 to 3 if you have the time. 1 have really ad combat system but great story line.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

No matter which one you get now, they both will be 6.99 on steam in a few months

no they wont, max you will see is 15-20% off. 

No matter which one you get now, they both will be 6.99 on steam in a few months

Exaggerated, but still good advice. Wait till they're on sale, it makes little sense to rush into brand new games at $59.99. Both are likely to have blooming modding communities, patches, and driver improvements, so they will only get better with age.

I can only buy one of these games. Which one should I buy and why?

I would say Witcher 3.  It has gripped me in a way even the mighty GTA V couldn't (last time a GTA V made me go as gaga as I do with W3 was Vice City).  I was hyped for both tremendously.  Both are great games, but I am in the mood for some RPGs so Witcher 3 gets my vote.  GTA V is incredibly well made though. GTA Online is fun with friends too.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.