Need a Build for a friend to kill his console.

needs:

blue ray drive

whole tower: case, MB, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, etc.

must output to a HDMI

a USB3.0 would be cool, not required.

pci-e 3.0 is required for later upgrade-able-ness

american currancy.

used for gaming only.

all on a 500$ USD budget.

plox and tanks

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($103.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-GAMING 3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($40.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.45 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $456.38

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-07 03:39 EDT-0400

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($51.29 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($48.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 

Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($45.00 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $497.55

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-20 14:32 EDT-0400

rebates all over tha place.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-GAMING 3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($40.98 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.45 @ OutletPC)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)

this...few minor adjustments tho

wd drive and maybe a 280x

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

thanks, with that 50$ short we can swap that CPU out for a i5 4core

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Or you could buy a gun with that money and literally KILL HIS CONSOLE

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sledgehammers are cheaper than guns and you can buy one no matter how old you are. and they are leagal (almost) everywhere.

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

thanks, with that 50$ short we can swap that CPU out for a i5 4core

that 50$ is for blu ray u nub, also I would get core 1100 over 1000, 1000 is loud and full mesh front gets REALLY dusty over time.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

that 50$ is for blu ray u nub, also I would get core 1100 over 1000, 1000 is loud and full mesh front gets REALLY dusty over time.

Lol. Yep, gotta agree though.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

noticed that after i saw your build.

he probably doesn't actually need a blueray drive

95% of games are on steam or some online place already

he probably doesn't actually need a blueray drive

95% of games are on steam or some online place already

he's a snob and thinks anything nowadays should play blueray.

he's a snob and thinks anything nowadays should play blueray.

he's gonna have a headach with powerdvd or w/e he uses for playing them

unless someone is planning to rip the BD's and strip the DRM from them..its a nusance to keep updating the powerdvd or other software to get the bd's to play

I'd recommend buying most stuff second hadn to save money, that way you can get a semi-decent GPU.