Ghost VPN broke my router/internet?

TheMidnightNarwhal

Ok, so I used ghost VPN 2 days ago and was connected to a VPN and lost connection to it and then my wireless connection icon turned to a yellow triangle. Had to reset router and modem. Now right now, it did the same thing even tho I uninstalled the VPN. I hope it won't be doing this over and over. Any idea why it does this?

SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME

OMG I HAVE THE YELLOW TRIANGLE AFTER USING A VPN :D

I feel sarcasm...?

OMG I HAVE THE YELLOW TRIANGLE AFTER USING A VPN :D

No, it happens when ain't using VPN and there is like no connection between the router and modem.

I feel sarcasm...?

I was being serious

No, it happens when ain't using VPN and there is like no connection between the router and modem.

Dunno about that. Mine has the yellow triangle but can connector to the router

you should have a router with VPN config in the gui

not software on the pc...

any ddwrt router would do this

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Are you using a flashed firmware (DD-WRT) etc. or software on you're computer..

Are you using a flashed firmware (DD-WRT) etc. or software on you're computer..

Well Ghost VPN is a software you install on your PC.

i uninstalled mine It wouldnt let me connect to crap.

I unistalled to but like my connection to router is fine but sometimes the connection between internet and routor won`t work.

The way you are responding to the questions we are asking is confusing. But it sounds like a issue that isint related to the Vpn. Unless the Vpn is on the router using a openvpn and a flashed firmware than it shouldn't hinder the connection between the router and the Internet line coming to you're house.

The way you are responding to the questions we are asking is confusing. But it sounds like a issue that isint related to the Vpn. Unless the Vpn is on the router using a openvpn and a flashed firmware than it shouldn't hinder the connection between the router and the Internet line coming to you're house.

Well for the questions you asked is if I my VPN was on the router or software on PC. My answer is software (on PC).

It started to happen when I installed the software, so I am 100% it's the software that caused it.

There's no way a piece of software is interfering with the connection between you're router and Internet line. Unless this software hacked in to you're router and screwed with settings (highly unlikely) I don't think it was the Vpn software. It might be interfering with you connecting to the router though.

There's no way a piece of software is interfering with the connection between you're router and Internet line. Unless this software hacked in to you're router and screwed with settings (highly unlikely) I don't think it was the Vpn software. It might be interfering with you connecting to the router though.

Really...? Well, when you connect to the VPN, I know my internet goes out until it's connected, so I am pretty sure the VPN is connecting somehow with my router or modem. 

How do VPN software works?

Really...? Well, when you connect to the VPN, I know my internet goes out until it's connected, so I am pretty sure the VPN is connecting somehow with my router or modem. 

How do VPN software works?

heres linus video on vpns

and course the

(assuming your using the software they give you install on your computer)

the software redirects all traffic to there server so its gonna disconnect the connection on the device till it connects

if other device disconnect when you connecting to the vpn

thats prob a different issue

The vpn software is affecting you're pcs (the client) connection to the router Not the routers connection to the Internet.

I suggest reading up on what a virtual private network is and what it's benefits and downfalls are. You seem kinda uneducated on dem Vpns.

The vpn software is affecting you're pcs (the client) connection to the router Not the routers connection to the Internet.

I suggest reading up on what a virtual private network is and what it's benefits and downfalls are. You seem kinda uneducated on dem Vpns.

But it's still weird that it all looked like the software would have affected it. Lost connection to the VPN server in Montreal and 2 seconds later, bam, no more internet. Restarted PC still no internet, had to unplug replug router and modem.

I agree. That's weird.. Vpns can do some weird things. Did other devices that were connected to the same network Ex:iPhone,Xbox Etc. Get kicked off the Internet aswell? If so I'd uninstall that program Asap and run a virus scan. If you're still in the market for a VPN (after you've read up on what they do :) I highly suggest Proxy.sh. I've tried over 30 Vpns including ones that have costed more than 30$ a month ones like hide my ass and ghosts premium plan. Proxy.sh was only 5$ a month and if kicks ass. And it comes with a program called safe jumper that is awesome (Not possibly malware like ghosts) and it also kicks ass. They have a lot of server locations and its just overall awesome.

I agree. That's weird.. Vpns can do some weird things. Did other devices that were connected to the same network Ex:iPhone,Xbox Etc. Get kicked off the Internet aswell? If so I'd uninstall that program Asap and run a virus scan. If you're still in the market for a VPN (after you've read up on what they do :) I highly suggest Proxy.sh. I've tried over 30 Vpns including ones that have costed more than 30$ a month ones like hide my ass and ghosts premium plan. Proxy.sh was only 5$ a month and if kicks ass. And it comes with a program called safe jumper that is awesome (Not possibly malware like ghosts) and it also kicks ass. They have a lot of server locations and its just overall awesome.

Yep, other devices did not have acess to the internet, only the router.

I will check out other VPNs but I want free ones, ghost VPN had 3 months free.

Ghost is ehh.. Free Vpns are almost always 99.99% slow,malware,or selling you're traffic. The sweet spot is that 5$ plan at proxy.sh.

Everyone on this forum who has used a VPN will tell you the same.

Ghost is ehh.. Free Vpns are almost always 99.99% slow,malware,or selling you're traffic. The sweet spot is that 5$ plan at proxy.sh.

Everyone on this forum who has used a VPN will tell you the same.

But ghost is not free, it's a paid service it's just they were giving away like 2000 codes for 3 months. It's high rated. And anways I have antivrus solutions.

http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_ca