36 Cores, 72 Threads, and Two Titan Xs - Our New INSANE Rendering Machine Part 1

I've never winced or cringed as much as I did watching this than any other LMG video! I really hope those mounts hurry up, for the sake of the very expensive motherboard and CPUs!

I've never winced or cringed as much as I did watching this than any other LMG video! I really hope those mounts hurry up, for the sake of the very expensive motherboard and CPUs!

That's not the LMG way to use the actual mounts once he's already Ghetto-rigged it.

Linus don't care. Linus is a straight OG

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

All LTT videos are cringeworthy.

(I love and hate it)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

LOL those videos are amazing.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

The thing is that it was a flat test bench anyway, he could have managed a lot better with just a couple of rubber bands. And yes he has those around left over from the rubber band gun from channel super fun

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't get why people are so upset.

I've handled expensive hardware like that before but I've always wondered what it would feel like if I could do some stupid shit with it.

Linus allows me to live through him while he does that with those videos. So thank you based @LinusTech

I'm not upset and do love Linus' crazy escapades but doesn't mean I'm not covering my eyes sometimes hehe.

The intro blurb they use is pretty much perfect TBH

"Do as we say, not as we do"

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

it´s wasteful, of course he can do what he wants, but i must admit seeing this makes me cringe.

i hate it when people destroy products, just for the fun of it... i hate "can this iphone stop a bullet" or videos like that, like that unboxing guys "bend" videos, WHO would have thought a thin aluminium device would bend.. OH MY GOD... it´s not logical (sarcasm) ..

we live in a world of finite resources, so i simply hate waste..

We had a Danish guy, who were on the cover of a magazine pouring a bottle of expensive champagne into a "good will" donate box, just because he could, i have the same feeling here, the "i´m a douche, and I do this, because I can... "

it´s actually the first video with linus that annoys me, well the "does temp impact performance" where he began disassembling his Compressor pc also gave me a bit of the same feeling.

Most of the time I was watching with my hands in front of my eyes. Please be careful with that board. 

Ignorance is bliss

cant find topic for this video... sorry to post in here but WHAT was the problem.... was the memory bad (bad clock set) or did you already brake it?

A. Topic is only posted when Youtube video goes live.

B. We'll find out in part 2

+ I don't think your post will survive long. If they don't post it (when a video launches on Vessel), there is a reason behind it :P

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

wtf

Video on Vessel. OP doesn't know the topic doesn't go up until YouTube.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

wtf

As if you couldn't tell already:

A. Video on Vessel

B. He teased the fact that it has a bazillian cores on the Tiny Build Log that went live not long ago.

C. Do you even Twitter/Instagram bro?

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Video thread should be released with the video, be it on YouTube or Vessel (I dislike Vessel too, they promised an Android app)

Multipart videos are fine. However since they are shot in consecutive days, they should be edited and released in consecutive days.

Also am I wrong to think that he just simply got it wrong the first time? He connected a videocard to slot 1 and 3 expecting output from slot 3. I would think that the MoBo would look for graphics adapters and output to the first one found (CPU 1, Slot 1)

well first fix he tryed was removing the videocards and still didnt fireup. whit that motherboard there should be good diagnostic if you just assembly it right

The amount of cringe in this video was crazy. And the ending really annoyed me too.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

For few days or even 2 weeks (happened once).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE