directx 12 brainstorming

I know that Microsoft has previously said that directx 12 is not in production. I think that they need to know what kind of stuff to add in if they make a new directx version. so just say things that would be cool to see in a new directx version.

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

The water effects they claimed would be in DX10 ;)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

The water effects they claimed would be in DX10 ;)

115288.jpg

Yeah we didnt get that until DX10.1 or DX11

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

115288.jpg

Yeah we didnt get that until DX10.1 or DX11

I still don't think we have that, not quite. lol

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Nope, but I do remember going underwater in Crysis for the first time on my new card.

What I saw
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images//2011/95/water2-cry.jpg
What I wanted
http://i.picpar.com/5a9e474ff8d6d1eb6a7d5119c91bcdd7e3d1f2eb.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

or human skin and stuff like this skip to 0:33

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

games that looks like real life

like if i was walking in a sand i leave foot steps

and physics in every game class smashes like class if you push a water class the water moves  

it's like you are playing in real life everything real i know that we wont get this until like directx 14 or something

Manners Maketh Man

Conaidering we havnt yet scratched the surface of Unreal 4 engine.. Dx12 is a long ways away

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

DirectX 12 should include virtual 7.1 surround sound(despite razer)...DirectX12 should like use the VideoCard as the only processing for the system awhile ram, and CPU stays 99% idle until things gets intense then the ram and CPU will kick in..

should like use the VideoCard as the only processing for the system awhile ram, and CPU stays 99% idle until things gets intense then the ram and CPU will kick in..

What is not how computers works, it's simply not possible...

Anyway OP:

1) this is not news and should be in general or such.

2) Lots of the things mentioned here can be done without a revision to DirectX.

3) Just because something is added to DirectX doesn't mean it will look as good as in the demos. You have to remember that the demo is mostly focused on a single effect, while a game has several effects, AIs multiple players, has to run on less than a quad Titan computer and so on. Just because the demo shows very realistic water does not mean it would be feasible to use that water effect in a real game.

What is not how computers works, it's simply not possible...

Anyway OP:

1) this is not news and should be in general or such.

2) Lots of the things mentioned here can be done without a revision to DirectX.

3) Just because something is added to DirectX doesn't mean it will look as good as in the demos. You have to remember that the demo is mostly focused on a single effect, while a game has several effects, AIs multiple players, has to run on less than a quad Titan computer and so on. Just because the demo shows very realistic water does not mean it would be feasible to use that water effect in a real game.

The GPU is far more powerful than the CPU and the GDDR5 on it is also way better than RAM but what if it's possible, it'd be hella beast

For the water effect, there isn't an API code in DirectX call "drawWater()". DirectX or OpenGL doesn't work that way.

You actually have to code it. They are MANY techniques to get realistic water. What is probably demoed in Flight Simulator is Tessellation applies to water, where you see deep lively wave up close, and further you go away, it drops the polygon count and simplifies the water. This can be done. In fact is done. Tessellation was introduced in DirectX 10, so its there, and you can do this.

Using DirectX, Nvidia has made it's WaveWorks technology, which is using PhysX (naturally) to have the wave interacts with the objects on the water, like a boat.

The GPU is far more powerful than the CPU and the GDDR5 on it is also way better than RAM but what if it's possible, it'd be hella beast

GDDR5 is RAM. Technically the GPU is more powerful, but at what? GPUs still can't quite handle tasks built for CPUs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I SVOGI that they cut out of Unreal Engine 4 that is the Next Step in Lighting before we come to Ray Tracing.
But there isn't any Need right now for DX12 because Dx11 can do this:

And its running on a Single GTX680.

Also I don't think that it will come anytime soon they just announced DX11.2 where you can use your Drr3 Ram as Vram.

RTX2070OC