Upgrading to Titan X is my PSU good enough?

Hello I have ordered a Titan X with more RAM and I was wondering if my PSU will be able to handle it, the PSU is nearly one year old my friend told me it could have lost some amps but do you guys think it is a concern thanks.

PC Specs 

• CPU: i7-4820k

• GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 OC Upgrading to EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X SC 12GB GDDR5 
• RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz Upgrading to 32 GB

• SSD: SanDisk 128 GB SSD

• HDD: 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive

• Case: Corsair 760T Arctic White

• Mobo: Asus ROG Rampage IV Formula

• PSU: Corsair RM 850 

yes

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Your PSU Is fine.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Run perfectly

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

It's more than enough, you could have 2 Titan X and still be fine.

2 would be majorly pushing it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Thanks guys I wont have to worry about losing wattage on the PSU then as it will be ok with the card drawing full power from the system with the specifications I got above?

Thanks guys I wont have to worry about losing wattage on the PSU then as it will be ok with the card drawing full power from the system with the specifications I got above?

My brother is running a Titan X with a 5820x on a Corsair AX760 and he has more than enough headroom for overclocking.

The Titan X has the same tdp as the 780, so your psu should not suffer any more than it is now.

So it arrives today do you guys think I have made a right choice as I wanted the best single card solution instead of a SLI set up?

So it arrives today do you guys think I have made a right choice as I wanted the best single card solution instead of a SLI set up?

Yes, you made the right choice. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Should have waited for R9 390X to rear it's head because HBM tho :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Should have waited for R9 390X to rear it's head because HBM tho :P

Except that we dont know if faster memory will actually result in major fps improvements.

And maybe he wants a graphics card and not a space heater that does calculations in its spare time ;)

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Except that we dont know if faster memory will actually result in major fps improvements.

And maybe he wants a graphics card and not a space heater that does calculations in its spare time ;)

Well that could be true but 3x Faster than GDDR5 will push the performance bar you can't say that it won't make a difference it will being able to handle better draw calls 3x faster than GDDR5 and hopefully COOLER! :) and apparently they have fixed the cooling issues that plagued the R9 2XX series but really, who buys blower cards on launch? if I wanted to replicate the deathstars core all I would needs is 4 reference cards xD

Well that could be true but 3x Faster than GDDR5 will push the performance bar you can't say that it won't make a difference it will being able to handle better draw calls 3x faster than GDDR5 and hopefully COOLER! :) and apparently they have fixed the cooling issues that plagued the R9 2XX series but really, who buys blower cards on launch? if I wanted to replicate the deathstars core all I would needs is 4 reference cards xD

Faster memory doesnt automatically mean an increased amount of drawcalls in a given timeframe.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Faster memory doesnt automatically mean an increased amount of drawcalls in a given timeframe.

Well I take it you haven't heard of DX12? 

Well I take it you haven't heard of DX12?

Actually I did, but that doesnt have anything to do with the ratio between vram bandwidth and the overhead of a drawcall

Actually I did, but that doesnt have anything to do with the ratio between vram bandwidth and the overhead of a drawcall

I see, I have made an error but anyway you can't say it won't make a difference and yeah 600,000 more draw calls using OpenCL certainly points towards improvements based on current GPU > <> CPU relationships especially HBM not sure about 600% improvment but that would be swell.

http://www.eteknix.com/dx12-can-handle-600k-draw-calls-increasing-amd-gpu-performance-600/

I see, I have made an error but anyway you can't say it won't make a difference and yeah 600,000 more draw calls using OpenCL certainly points towards improvements based on current GPU > <> CPU relationships especially HBM not sure about 600% improvment but that would be swell.

http://www.eteknix.com/dx12-can-handle-600k-draw-calls-increasing-amd-gpu-performance-600/

I dont see what OpenCL has to do with it. I dont believe OpenCL contains draw calls as it is an compute API and not a graphics API.

Second of all the source you quoted is not really thrustwprthy. Just looking at the title: having less overhead in drawcalls doesnt automatically increase performance by that amount. Only if a program actually makes those amouny of drawcalls you'll see a big improvement in performance. Current gen games dont do that for example

Third of all: your source doesnt even mention vram bandwidth. Let alone of it having influence on the overhead associated with a draw call

I dont see what OpenCL has to do with it. I dont believe OpenCL contains draw calls as it is an compute API and not a graphics API.

Second of all the source you quoted is not really thrustwprthy. Just looking at the title: having less overhead in drawcalls doesnt automatically increase performance by that amount. Only if a program actually makes those amouny of drawcalls you'll see a big improvement in performance. Current gen games dont do that for example

Third of all: your source doesnt even mention vram bandwidth. Let alone of it having influence on the overhead associated with a draw call

OpenCL being one of the main API's out there...so yeah it does have a fair bit to do with it.

To add onto that, people could say the same for LTT or NCIX TTs, just because you don't see it to be trustworth doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same.

I said I made an error, also it was originally about VRAM v HBM and you saying there wouldn't be any real performance where I can safely say that's bullhonky that's like saying VSPEC and VSPEC2 are EXACTLY the same and you wouldn't notice any performance gains that would be noticable, there will be a fairly noticable difference now I'm not saying like 70% but at least 20-30% over GDDR5 soemthing that actually makes it worth paying for.

Lets not beat the dead horse...

Hey guys I got it haha I couldn't help but laugh at the comment about the space heater. Anyway for some reason my GeForce Experience wont recognize the 900 series so according to it I cannot look at my Titan X properly in the she also works like a charm. :)