How would one go about getting 8.0GHz?

Anyone have any idea how this is done? The world record is around 8.8 but have any of you even came close to this? How? What CPU????

{Asus ROG G750JM} {PS4}

{Steam} {PSN} {Twitch}

{Looking for people who can help with CAD editing and game engines}

Anyone have any idea how this is done? The world record is around 8.8 but have any of you even came close to this? How? What CPU????

Liquid Nitrogen cooling.  And custom power delivery.  I think it was done on an FX 8350.  But yeah, you wouldn't be running it on standard hardware.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

LN2 and tons of chips and binning.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Lots of LN2 and basically a mother load of luck getting the silicon lottery to find that golden chip that can go that far without dying. 

Step 1: Win the silicon lottery 

Step 2: Apply a crazy amount of voltage

Step 3: Cool with LN2

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

A shit load of processors and a shit load of liquid nitrogen.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

amd prossesor+ln2(or DICE) + shitload of v = massive ghz if your chip is a winner , if its not a winner itll go poof probably 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

1. Get around 500 of older FX chips.

2. LN2

3. Cry because of all the time wasted to get to 8ghz on the last chip.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

The world record used an FX8 chip, on liquid nitrogen, then liquid helium once they got to about 7.5ghz

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

The world record used an FX8 chip, on liquid nitrogen, then liquid helium once they got to about 7.5ghz

afaik they hit 8.5-8.7GHz on an FX8 running on two of it's cores... then someone hit 8.2GHz on an APU... running on all 4 cores O.o

"Rawr XD"

I've heard rumours (don't remember where) that Intel makes unlocked Xeons just for internal testing purposes. I seem to remember one popping up on eBay some time ago. (I think it was an Ivy Bridge one if memory serves) since Xeons are cherry picked to have the best possible silicon and they tend to run pretty cool, I bet you could get those cranked up into that range if cooled with liquid nitrogen or a similar chemical. That'd be dope...

afaik they hit 8.5-8.7GHz on an FX8 running on two of it's cores... then someone hit 8.2GHz on an APU... running on all 4 cores O.o

Yes I know, I'm just saying once they got to 7.5ghz liquid nitrogen was too hot so they had to go to helium.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

am3+

lga 775+ celeron 3xx

Lots of funds

LN2

db037c8fcbfe433d6b244bd9f5798fcf8f0f223c

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Got my 4790k to 5.2ghz @ 1.425 ran cinebench single core and temps never went over 68c on an air cooler.....

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Tips on hitting 6 with conventional parts?

{Asus ROG G750JM} {PS4}

{Steam} {PSN} {Twitch}

Liquid Helium and a Pentium 4. Those things are dirt cheap and are designed for 10GHz+. Intel forgot about a little thing called heat of course so that was never obtained.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@ProKoN

That Celeron just blows my mind every time.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Sooooo could I do this with a liquid cooler?

{Asus ROG G750JM} {PS4}

{Steam} {PSN} {Twitch}

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Nope, you'd be lucky to hit 6GHz.

PMSL

nope, still needs LN2 or DICE (dry ice) would be a banzai run, nothing for typical

usage. 5.0-5.3ish could be a typical overclock with off-the-shelf cooling, with the

understanding that the VRM would prolly fail before the CPU.

With Wolfdale dual core Pentium's and some very good luck in the silicon lottery you can hit 5GHz with a simple and cheap 120mm AIO (1.7V without throttling during benchmarks). Though the only reason I myself use a 120mm rad is my budget at the time, 240mm+ is in all reality the bare minimum for extreme overclocking.

PMSL

Got my 4790k to 5.2ghz @ 1.425 ran cinebench single core and temps never went over 68c on an air cooler.....

The higher you overclock the larger the gaps become with voltage and TDP.