Finding work, how does it make you feel?

MzCatieB

ok so how does looking for work make u feel sometimes, this is a perfect picture for how it makes me feel most the time.

post-2896-0-27248700-1374050653.jpg

Character artist in the Games industry.

That picture speaks for the majority of us..

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

tumblr_m2lm29mu7y1qcb5fko1_400.jpg

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I never had a "real" job. I have always worked as a freelancer. Mostly because I only just got my high school diploma this summer at the age of 25. So I don't know much about job searching, but I have a friend who have told me that it is brutal. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

im my city we have a console that tries to find jobs for us

pretty much get calls to work for  government institutions without even trying to find one

sucks for you :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

tumblr_m2lm29mu7y1qcb5fko1_400.jpg

This why they made internships lol I just finished my clinical/internship/residency like 2weeks ago

iv gotten to the point of unemployment where finding work is pointless, however making my own work is acceptable :D

Character artist in the Games industry.

This why they made internships lol I just finished my clinical/internship/residency like 2weeks ago

I've helped my future employer in some way before being hire a couple times.

The clinic where I did my residency is offering me a job there once I have my license to practice gets approved by the state. I might take it but I have another place lined up so I want to compare the pay, benefits, and hours to see which would work out better for me

the number of industrial programmers is so limited you don't need experience, im still at school and already have 4 open job offers. 

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

This is very important, Employers are more likely to take you on if you show them you are keen and will work for nothing to get the experience.  Nothing says "dedication and work ethic" like volunteering to prove yourself.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

There are so many mechanical engineers around where I live that I can't even get an unpaid internship, as I really have no references from any jobs (only ever been self-employed). Sending out more than 50 resume's and not even getting any word back really friggin sucks. 

Wit is educated insolence.

Everyone on the east coast of Canada just goes out west for work and sends the money back home because it is so cheap to live here. I know a guy who makes 5k a week as a heavy equipment mechanic. His room and 2 meals a day are provided.