[Serious] Who here are Early Adopters? If so why do you keep on Buying?

Pugs501

Excitement at the future of tech, even if it means that sometimes it can be less than perfect.

I was never really much of an early adopter, except for a Smart TV (well, my parents got one, but I am only 17 :P )

Didn't feel like the early adopter got the short end..

Sometimes it probably does though..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I ain't an early adopter only because I cant afford all this new shit

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I'm not an early adopter. New devices tend to have issues and some devices just don't interest me(smart watches as an example).

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I guess I was an early adopter with the SHIELD Portable...

I try beta programs, especially for software, when it's free and I get the chance.

Sig under construction.

I'm a software early adopter. I jump into each new program, app, os, and technology I can get my hands on; even if this disrupts my workflow or forces me to change the way I entertain myself. Basically I gamble with my time instead of money (which is kinda tight right now).

I do it because I enjoy it, and it widens my horizons of what's possible. Since I was a kid that I loved jumping into game betas and alpha testing, found bugs, mess with stuff before it's out there, and of course, have impact on the project development.

Same thing with video games and betas we wanna see what's it about because it interests us even though we know it may have faults at early release we still guna play it or buy it because it interests us

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

Years ago, I saw a new style of video device called a DVD player. I payed 450 bucks for this new technology. It came with 3 movies. Few years down the road, everything is DVD. Prices are 69 bucks for a player. My player lasted for a long time, but wasn't worth 450 bucks.

Most of the time I prefer to wait to buy something. The bugs will usually be worked out and the prices are down.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

I guess my disposable income allows for such freedoms..... because i can?  :P

If it's related to a technology that I find interesting I want to buy it to show interest (assuming it's of decent quality).

sometimes I want to be an early bird. for example, that 9$ computer.

but most of the stuff I will wait till its a final release

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I wish I had the money to be an early adopter. I just love new tech, even if it has bugs that need to be worked out. Being broke sucks.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

deleted

I think it really depends on the product. Early adoption does have its pros and cons and personally its weighing them and also seeing how hyped you are for said product. 

I have backed a handful of Kickstarters as well been a relative early adopter of certain technologies and I can say I haven't been burned that often. I think its doing your research and looking into if the product is something you would enjoy or find useful, and be ready for bugs and small problems because you are for the most part beta testing the product.

My first time as an early adopter: A GTX 970, bought it in the first month after Nvidia launched it, then I found out that it has 3.5 glorious GB of VRAM.

First and last time being an early adopter lol

First time I was an early adapter was the gx8350 and then the gtx 970 g1 gaming. Both were amazing and I regret nothing. Being on the bleeding edge is a thrill and rush I would love to experience more but can't due to budget.

This thread had 95 viewers.

Are you serious, damn. :P

I'm an early adopter, got a 4k monitor the day my local computer store received them and then a 4k gsync monitor when that became available. I always want the latest and greatest phone and software versions as soon as they're available. It's not very practical but keeps life interesting.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

As a teenager at a 3rd world country, unless its free software, I can't become an early adopter because of either lack of money or lack of shipping to here

Because it's fun, exiting and provides a better experience than waiting at times. I'm usually not an early adopter cuz i don't have money, but when I am, I'm typically pretty happy with the product.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

I early adopted two laptop models before. I don't really regret owning one, but when parts became impossible to find, it really stank, as my early tech was phased out pretty quick for a better model which lasted more than twice as long.

I'm no longer an early adopter though. I wait for people to get it and run through it first, because that's honestly the only way as an end-consumer (unless you really have spare cash you don't care about) to not get screwed unwittingly.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well I'm only 14 I try to adopt whatever I have the money for I was one the first to have a pebble but that's the best I can do for now because I don't have any other way to get money

Well I am an early adopter of Android Wear among many. (moto360) I feel like this was a good decision as it really has augmented my relationship with my technology. Also, on a whole, I feel like early adopters are hopeful about what will come in the future and the way to secure that future is to invest in the first technology in order for the manufacturer to realise there is a demand.