Turtle Beach revenue drops

Xsilent(X)

turtle-beach-logo.jpg

Audio peripherals company Turtle Beach, known for its collaborations with brands like Call Of Duty, has reported a net revenue of $19.7 million for Q1 2015, compared $38.3 million for Q1 2014.

Turtle Beach's financial reports show a net loss for Q1 2015 of $10.6 million, compared to $2.9 million in Q1 2014. Gross profit for Q1 2015 was $3.1 million, compared to $12.3 million for the same period last year.

"Our first quarter results on an operating basis were in-line with our expectations," said CEO Juergen Stark

"Our performance versus guidance was driven by sales of our Xbox One and PlayStation 4 headsets, several of which feature first-and-only innovations, offset by declining demand for previous generation products. This dynamic will continue to shape our top-line until the next generation console user base surpasses the previous generation later this year.

44841781451541.png

https://gamingmedia.eu/pc/news/176-turtle-beach-revenue-drops

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Maybe they will try to start making more products worth buying instead of crap with expensive call of dooty paint jobs on them?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Good! die....turtlebeach...die....

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Wow, I mean I don't want them to die, a lot of jobs would be lost. But they have my roped in thinking their headsets are good quality, so yeah die.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I still find it ridiculous that consoles need dedicated headsets.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have had X12s for like 2 years, they eat ass. I could've spent my $80 so much better ;_; sadly though, anytime I upgrade I end up breaking my headset and stuck back with them, they're like that old reliable sweater that is kinda itchy and smells bad, but it's the only option when you have nothing else. Seriously though, DEATH TO TURTLE BEACH

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Maybe they will try to start making more products worth buying instead of crap with expensive call of dooty pain jobs on them?

This, I bought a pair of "high end" Turtle Beach headphones maybe about 3-4 years ago. They were pretty expensive for what Turtle Beach usually sells, over $120.

Those things lasted 6 months before they started to break down, not just the drivers themselves losing sound quality and becoming extremely faded with high levels of distortion. Even the right side of the headphone went completely out generating no sound. But also the actual makeup of the headphone was starting to deteriorate. Pieces were falling off, the headphone adjustment strap was becoming unusable, the ear foam padding was falling off. Literally in 6 months of moderate use they just started to come a part in various ways.

In my experience, Turtle Beach has been one of those brands that's more 'marketing power' than quality. 

Maybe people are finally starting to realize this.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

This, I bought a pair of "high end" Turtle Beach headphones maybe about 3-4 years ago. They were pretty expensive for what Turtle Beach usually sells, over $120.

Those things lasted 6 months before they started to break down, not just the drivers themselves losing sound quality and becoming extremely faded with high levels of distortion. Even the right side of the headphone went completely out generating no sound. But also the actual makeup of the headphone was starting to deteriorate. Pieces were falling off, the headphone adjustment strap was becoming unusable, the ear foam padding was falling off. Literally in 6 months of moderate use they just started to come a part in various ways.

First I had x10s or x1's I don't even remember what they were called. They broke after about a year and they were uncomfortable as hell the whole time. After that for years I used turtle beach x31's and for the price they were decent, never broke down never had troubles. Audio was eh okay but they were wireless, the only issue I ever had was the cord that went to the 360 controller that was such a shitty cable. But for 80 bucks not bad, finally after the 3rd cable went bad I took it back and decided to upgrade to x42's for the "surround" (at the time I didn't know what good audio was). Probably the worst decision I have ever made regarding sound. The headset was bigger bulkier the sound was worse, it had horrible connection issues, the sound would just stop for up to 10 minutes at a time because how poor the connection was. The batteries died 2x faster and it was a more expensive headset. 

One day I got so mad at the sound going out (sometimes it went out only on one side) I whacked the headset with my controller lol. The speaker died immediately. But I was able to send it in to turtle beach and got a new one for free. I didn't open the box. I just sold that crap for like 80 bucks. Along with my xbox 360. That's when I got a pc and learned a thing or two about stuffs. lol

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Yeah, wish they get killed by senheisser and better headset brands 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

They don't need anything it just makes them more money to make it locked down. Actually in the long run it looses them money as you can see.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

they were uncomfortable as hell the whole time. 

This, I cannot even stress this statement enough, I do not remember any headphones I ever owned in my entire life ever being as uncomfortable to wear as Turtle Beaches were. They actually started to hurt after wearing for extended periods of time, that's how uncomfortable they were.

I remember trying some on back when I was a console player. Was not impressed for what they cost.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Surprisingly though, their cheaper headphones, the ones for around £20 are actually pretty decent :P ... for what they cost :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Turtlebeach still exists ?

Damn i still remember them with this soundcard

images1.jpg

I had some X11's and then some X12's back in my console days. I still have them in a closet somewhere I think. I got them for about $40-$50 each and they aren't that bad for the price, but it was a headset that I could use for both my X360 and my PC at the time, so it was a win-win for me.

Obviously now I don't use them, but for $50 and having the convenience of a headset that works on both my console and PC really helped me out back then. I have no comment on today's products from them, but if they were anything back then, then they need to up their game and stop overcharging for crap.

That's the thing though. They don't. xD

That's the thing though. They don't. xD

Don't you need specific dongles to use bluetooth headsets?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't think they have any bluetooth headsets. Though Turtle Beach and other use a sort of proprietary box that broadcasts some sort of wireless signal to the headphones. But you can use pretty much any headset with at least the Xbox because you can just buy this little headset piece that lets you plug in any headset. OR if you do what I wanna do get some adapters and stuff to plug in my mixer and mic that I use (Audio Technica ATH-M50s's and Shure SM58) into that same headset plugin. You unfortunately have to have that because of the proprietary plug the Xbox One controllers use, but for the 360 all you gotta get would be those same adapters and then adapt it down from an 3.5mm plug to a uh... I think it's 2.5 or it's called a 1/16th jack. I know my audio stuff until it gets to those smaller ones for some reason, despite them being the most common.

I don't know if the PS4 does it the same way but i'm pretty sure the plug in there is the same size as a standard headphone jack so you can just plug it straight in. Not 100% sure though.

EDIT: I do know that the PS3 could take most bluetooth headsets natively though only for voice. Not sure about the PS4 and of course the Xboxes never had that because proprietary stuff for money.

you can just buy this little headset piece that lets you plug in any headset. OR if you do what I wanna do get some adapters and stuff to plug in my mixer and mic that I use (Audio Technica ATH-M50s's and Shure SM58) into that same headset plugin. You unfortunately have to have that because of the proprietary plug the Xbox One controllers use

That's what I meant, you can't just plug and play a standard headset without some sort of adapter or mixer. Which is ridiculous.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's what I meant, you can't just plug and play a standard headset without some sort of adapter or mixer. Which is ridiculous.

Well my audio setup is a bit... crazy lol. I have a DJ mixer that has my PC, Consoles, a line in for plugging my phone into if I want, and another soundcard which handles FL Studio and Skype and other voice chat things. And then I have that mic plug into that external sound card. So i'd need a bunch of splitters and adapters to make it work.

For most other people all they need is that $40 or so (woo money) puck that plugs into the controller and pretty much any headset that has the left and right audio along with the mic on the same plug should work just fine. Microsoft won't help you with problems unless you use one they say they support but unless you have something stupid, the problem should be with the puck and not the headset anyway. Unless it's dying of course, but you shouldn't be going to Microsoft for that problem anyway. At least for the PS4 I think you can just plug it straight into the controller but I could be wrong on that.

I don't think the Playstations need anything extra, they even have their own Sony headsets that are good to go. What's ridiculous is that Windows still doesn't natively (not sure about dongles and software that could) support bluetooth headset for PC. 

I don't think the Playstations need anything extra, they even have their own Sony headsets that are good to go. What's ridiculous is that Windows still doesn't natively (not sure about dongles and software that could) support bluetooth headset for PC. 

Windows does, unless it's proprietary stuff like the sony headsets you mentioned... which I would bet are specifically designed to work with playstations (duh).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Windows does, unless it's proprietary stuff like the sony headsets you mentioned... which I would bet are specifically designed to work with playstations (duh).

I got Windows 8 and last time I tried (a month ago or so) it didn't support my bluetooth headset (a surprisingly nice Phillips one i use when cycling in winter). It does recognize it, but only as headphones, not the microphone (which is the main reason to get one). I would really like to get rid of all the cables on my desk, but I wouldn't invest in something nicer until I know for sure there is proper support.