intel Q8200 vs Q8400 doesnt make any sense !

9justinas9
Go to solution Solved by G33k 4 L1F3,

i thought silicon lottery apply only when overclocking isnt it? i got a 4690k and it doesnt oc above 4.2ghz... thats what i call silicon lottery. stock speeds by manufacturer should be the same as its the same architecture

It is with overclocking; The OP of that reply doesn't know what hes talking 'bout(#nohate)

If it was having problems like silicon lottery at stock, it would have never went through Quality assurance.

I do not know much about Minecraft, but it seems like the server likes your Q8200 more then the Q8400.

I would keep your hopes up, but just use whats better for the server, and even try shooting microsoft a support ticket about it. you never know, they may be able to help (because they own minecraft now :P)

how do i overclock? im not familiar with old stuff. bios is kinda useless idk please help

Yeah the bios isn't super user friendly with old mobos. Since its not an unlocked processor you can't increase the multiplier so basically all you can do is increase the frontside bus and core voltage until it's stable.

Corsair 350D - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Intel 3770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H100i - G-skill Trident X 2666Mhz 4x4Gb - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4Gb @ 1250Mhz - Corsair 860i - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 240GB (Raid 0)

See if OCing the q8200, and see if the performance improves. Im getting the idea that maybe the CPU is just bad. (Low quality silicon)

And Overcloxking is pretty easy, just need to understand multipliers, and what voltages mean the most.

i overclocked before but look at upcoming video i dont know how to do it

Yeah the bios isn't super user friendly with old mobos. Since its not an unlocked processor you can't increase the multiplier so basically all you can do is increase the frontside bus and core voltage until it's stable.

look at my upcoming video its gonna be up soon i will show you my bios

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/

ignore me, also dont post multiple in a row, just edit your previous post

See if OCing the q8200, and see if the performance improves. Im getting the idea that maybe the CPU is just bad. (Low quality silicon)

And Overcloxking is pretty easy, just need to understand multipliers, and what voltages mean the most.

please watch the video

Same board and RAM for both CPUs?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Same board and RAM for both CPUs?

yep i just switched out the cpus please watch the video

yep i just switched out the cpus please watch the video

What is that motherboard? What make and model specifically.

If that board is out of something like a dell or even just a low grade G series chipset then it won't have the ability to change voltages and bus speeds.

Also according to ARK there's about a six month gap between the Q8200 and the Q8400. Its possible (slim chance) that the motherboard doesn't officially support the Q8400.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

What is that motherboard? What make and model specifically.

If that board is out of something like a dell or even just a low grade G series chipset then it won't have the ability to change voltages and bus speeds.

Also according to ARK there's about a six month gap between the Q8200 and the Q8400. Its possible (slim chance) that the motherboard doesn't officially support the Q8400.

is q chipset and i didnt find any info about my motherboard

is q chipset and i didnt find any info about my motherboard

Q chipsets are usually business type boards. No overclocking.

Get a P35/P45 or nforce 780/790.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Q chipsets are usually business type boards. No overclocking.

Get a P35/P45 or nforce 780/790.

than its not worth it. im just wonderring why better cpu runs server worse?

than its not worth it. im just wonderring why better cpu runs server worse?

Hard to say. Most likely the board does not officially support the Q8400. Q35 chipsets predate it by two years.

Technically the server should run better on the Q8400 since its individual core clock is certainly faster. Could be a bad CPU.

Hard to say. Most likely the board does not officially support the Q8400. Q35 chipsets predate it by two years.

Technically the server should run better on the Q8400 since its individual core clock is certainly faster. Could be a bad CPU.

ok next i will try an other cpu on the same board as well as the board its from factory

bit the odd thing is that cinebench score is bigger as it suppose to be

i know but server tick rate says the different story and now its at 500ms tick rate. cinebench reports that q8400 is better than q8200 but q8200 process ticks quicker that a hell?

Did you re install windows after changing the CPU?

Partition the drive into two partitions, and install a fresh windows of the same versino on that one.

Then copy the server folder over and test again.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Did you re install windows after changing the CPU?

Partition the drive into two partitions, and install a fresh windows of the same versino on that one.

Then copy the server folder over and test again.

yup i did it no change

yup i did it no change

How are the thermals on both CPUs?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

look at this video i have made its 50ies and even a thumbnail is showing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrhonHaA3I

Ahh. My bad I missed that.

Do you have Java 32 AND 64 bit? The latest is now J8U45

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Ahh. My bad I missed that.

Do you have Java 32 AND 64 bit? The latest is now J8U45

no im using latest java 7 v79 as java 8 doesnt support java arguments

I'm pretty certain you've just got a really bad chip. So the silicon lottery goes, I guess.

i thought silicon lottery apply only when overclocking isnt it? i got a 4690k and it doesnt oc above 4.2ghz... thats what i call silicon lottery. stock speeds by manufacturer should be the same as its the same architecture

It is with overclocking; The OP of that reply doesn't know what hes talking 'bout(#nohate)

If it was having problems like silicon lottery at stock, it would have never went through Quality assurance.

I do not know much about Minecraft, but it seems like the server likes your Q8200 more then the Q8400.

I would keep your hopes up, but just use whats better for the server, and even try shooting microsoft a support ticket about it. you never know, they may be able to help (because they own minecraft now :P)

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

i will definetly do that thanks :)

i have shooted for the ticket but nothing  they dont know anything and later i realised #facepalm microsoft own mojang

minecraft forums seems to ignore me

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/server-support/2422155-minecraft-server-doesnt-make-any-sencse-with-video

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2422226-minecraft-ftb-ultimate-server-doesnt-make-any

Sorry to hear about that. :(

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/