Warlords of Draenor thoughts?

DryzonDigital

I used to love WoW but stopped playing since I actually want to get somewhere in life (get accepted into a good uni)  :P

This summer I'm going to be working far away from home for 3 months and I've been thinking, should I get back into WoW? I mean, lots of lonely nights post-work with nothing better to do are ahead.

What I wanna ask is, since I have all the previous expansions, is it worth buying Warlords of Draenor? I stopped playing around the time it came out and never got a chance to check it out. Any first hand experience?

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

It drew me back in and i've got to say. It's alright. Almost. Just almost feels like BC

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well aside from when I tried to do the first quest and there were 100's of player over the person you had to click on to get information for the quest casting AOE spells while riding on the biggest animal or beast they had so it was impossible to do the quest until your figured out what to do by reading online. It is pretty fun.

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

Vanilla = everything new/fresh/exciting i loved it, BC was a similar experience and WOTLK was in my mind the peak of the games success. Ever since Cata hit Blizzard has been making one massive mistake after another trying to keep everyone happy but upsetting almost everyone in the process, WoW's success was built on the fact that it was the casual alternative to other more hardcore MMORPGs at the time but in recent years seems to be trying to keep a very small group of vocal elitist/hardcore types happy.

WoD feels incomplete, i think its pretty shitty that it went live with things missing/zones not finished. Each patch since WoD hit has been catching up on things that were supposed to be part of the base expansion not to mention the whole removal of flight thing, reaching level 100 felt like a anticlimax, trudging around annoying terrain and catching flight paths when i rarely had to leave my garrison made me quit the game. I think garrisons were a huge mistake and completely destroyed professions, that along with the lack of a new city to hang out at the game feels like its lost too much, my friends that still play just pop on to raid and that's it for the week, others just sit inside their garrison paying $15 a month for MSN with swords+outfits. 

Vanilla = everything new/fresh/exciting i loved it, BC was a similar experience and WOTLK was in my mind the peak of the games success. Ever since Cata hit Blizzard has been making one massive mistake after another trying to keep everyone happy but upsetting almost everyone in the process, WoW's success was built on the fact that it was the casual alternative to other more hardcore MMORPGs at the time but in recent years seems to be trying to keep a very small group of vocal elitist/hardcore types happy.

WoD feels incomplete, i think its pretty shitty that it went live with things missing/zones not finished. Each patch since WoD hit has been catching up on things that were supposed to be part of the base expansion not to mention the whole removal of flight thing, reaching level 100 felt like a anticlimax, trudging around annoying terrain and catching flight paths when i rarely had to leave my garrison made me quit the game. I think garrisons were a huge mistake and completely destroyed professions, that along with the lack of a new city to hang out at the game feels like its lost too much, my friends that still play just pop on to raid and that's it for the week, others just sit inside their garrison paying $15 a month for MSN with swords+outfits. 

yes im whit you on this one too much missing content. Garrisons were nice but after 1 months it gets boring and stupid when you can get the best raid gear whit it quite easily. getting to lvl 100 was not epic or feeled like an accomplishment as it was too fast in my opinion got to lvl 100 in like 20 hours or so but that was whit the help of my lan group where we were awake for 48 hours just to play wod. Blizzard did piss poor job whit the patching and made me seriously mad to the point where i quit my 4 year long sub last time i unsubbed from wow was when cataclysm came and i was pissed off of how much they catered to casuals and made raiding literally pain in the ass whit 10-13 year olds trying to come and raid because it was easy to get gear. Ppl saying its the old wow are complete bs blizzard can never recreate the old wow feeling ever as they would literally get killed by the kids that want the easiest raiding ever Im looking at you LFR >.<

I love it. Came back in January and my addiction picked up where I left off after H Garrosh pre 6.0

I dont compare it to TBC at all. I fucking HATED TBC cause it looked so shitty. I did love attunements though cause it weeded out scrubs from raiders. been playing since 2005 and I can say- its amazing

I love it. Came back in January and my addiction picked up where I left off after H Garrosh pre 6.0

I dont compare it to TBC at all. I fucking HATED TBC cause it looked so shitty. I did love attunements though cause it weeded out scrubs from raiders. been playing since 2005 and I can say- its amazing

I've been a casual at times and i have been a progression raider at times too over the last 10 years of playing WoW but i have to say people with an attitude like this towards non raiders are a cancer on the WoW community as a whole, progression raiders have always been a minority within the game.... a minority that gets smaller and smaller as each year goes by because of raiders with toxic attitudes turning away new blood.

Attunements? you must have never been responsible for having to run new recruits through old tiers to get them ready for current content, it was a monumental pain in the ass which ultimately made many guilds poach off each other. I truly believe WOTLK was the perfect balance that kept pretty much everyone happy, you could do 25H on your main with the guild and pug 10 man normal for fun on alts or maybe even make some money carrying people through GDKP runs. LFR didn't need to exist because there was a healthy pug community and a tonne of entry level family/friendly guilds which were a breeding ground for new talent. Now where does the new talent grow?

Ultimately i blame much of this on the start of Cata, it destroyed so many entry level raiding guilds and obliterated the pug community. LFR was like intentionally shooting someone in the stomach then putting a band-aid on the wound a few months later. The worst thing is even know i have quit playing i still love the game and want to see it turn things around but i just don't see Blizzard getting it together, the dev team seems to work in a bubble keeping themselves completely out of touch with the community. 

So you're saying you can't have a life with WoW?

In your first sentence?

I used to play it up until august

No idea how the expansion is

If you are not a leet raider it definitely takes longer to get through content and eats up more time.  Also many times raiding guilds are still too demanding despite the content supposedly being easier to clear.  I guess if the OP is a really good player then he could come back to WOW and have a good time with it if he has self control, discipline and is skilled but with him talking about wanting to have a life and so on I say don't even get a taste of it again.  WOW is damn addictive.  Also many people in the game time and time again will make you feel guilty if you are not committed to raiding all the time when the guild does.  Some of these people in the game should be committed ....

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If you are not a leet raider it definitely takes longer to get through content and eats up more time. Also many times raiding guilds are still too demanding despite the content supposedly being easier to clear. I guess if the OP is a really good player then he could come back to WOW and have a good time with it if he has self control, discipline and is skilled but with him talking about wanting to have a life and so on I say don't even get a taste of it again. WOW is damn addictive. Also many people in the game time and time again will make you feel guilty if you are not committed to raiding all the time when the guild does. Some of these people in the game should be committed ....

Well just saying, since raid finder and group finder and all that stuff... :D

Not so much necessary to be part of a guild anymore.

At least, until you want to get better loot and need to join a guild...

In your first sentence?

I used to play it up until august

No idea how the expansion is

It just consumes so much of my time it is impossible to balance heavy school studying with it.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

I've been a casual at times and i have been a progression raider at times too over the last 10 years of playing WoW but i have to say people with an attitude like this towards non raiders are a cancer on the WoW community as a whole, progression raiders have always been a minority within the game.... a minority that gets smaller and smaller as each year goes by because of raiders with toxic attitudes turning away new blood.

Attunements? you must have never been responsible for having to run new recruits through old tiers to get them ready for current content, it was a monumental pain in the ass which ultimately made many guilds poach off each other. I truly believe WOTLK was the perfect balance that kept pretty much everyone happy, you could do 25H on your main with the guild and pug 10 man normal for fun on alts or maybe even make some money carrying people through GDKP runs. LFR didn't need to exist because there was a healthy pug community and a tonne of entry level family/friendly guilds which were a breeding ground for new talent. Now where does the new talent grow?

Ultimately i blame much of this on the start of Cata, it destroyed so many entry level raiding guilds and obliterated the pug community. LFR was like intentionally shooting someone in the stomach then putting a band-aid on the wound a few months later. The worst thing is even know i have quit playing i still love the game and want to see it turn things around but i just don't see Blizzard getting it together, the dev team seems to work in a bubble keeping themselves completely out of touch with the community. 

yeah no. try again. I am far from a elietest douchebag Sir. Maybe except for LFR, I'd rather drink a glass of Hepatitis then go in there again. Pugging on your server was fun and GDKPs run were cool until they caught on to me that I only bid on shitty items and took home 200k at the end lol. Now its super easy to get into a Heroic raid at anytime of the day any time of the week. I don;t do guild runs anymore cause I don;t need to.

yes there was poaching back then and it still goes on today. if that person had no loyalty to the guild, then you didn;t want him there anyways. you can play the game anyways you like, its your subscription. dont give me shit and assume Im an asshole because of the way I like to play WoW. I play only to raid. I do A LOT of charity work meaning I ALWAYS joined lesser progressed raids and lesser geared folks to help them out and show them new strats and give my 0.02 on DPS tips and tricks. Been doing this since BWL and still do on non raid nights. I like to hand in others voice chats and raid and have fun. so go fuck yourself. <3

I am far from a elietest douchebag 

I did love attunements though cause it weeded out scrubs from raiders. 

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

I do A LOT of charity work meaning I ALWAYS joined lesser progressed raids and lesser geared folks to help them out and show them new strats and give my 0.02 on DPS tips and tricks. 

Sorry, to me that behavior along with your attitude just tells me you like to surround yourself with lesser geared/skilled players to artificially inflate your ego.

go fuck yourself. <3

Such a lovely person, and here i was thinking you were a wannabe elitist douche bag lol have a nice day  :lol:

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

Sorry, to me that behavior along with your attitude just tells me you like to surround yourself with lesser geared/skilled players to artificially inflate your ego.

Such a lovely person, and here i was thinking you were a wannabe elitist douche bag lol have a nice day  :lol:

QQ moar

this thread turned into general chat really fast.... so in other words welcome back to WoW.

I'm Probably at work so expect a reply either really fast or really slow :D

on a more serious note. I actually enjoyed the expansion it had that BC feel to it like others have said as well. If you take your time and enjoy it for what it is, it's actually quite lovely. I was more of a serious player up until cata but since then I've enjoyed it and gone deeper into the game than i previously have. For me it was worth it and although i'm not playing it right now I know i'll be back. hope it helps OP.

I'm Probably at work so expect a reply either really fast or really slow :D

Don't waste your time. It's fun for a while, but it's still WoW. It's dead.

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti