Fucking Debt

Killswitch49

Eh, I have a credit card. Literally just to build credit to save money on loans. Its crazy how MMuch good credit can save you. I use mine just for gas+fast food purchases. So its always relative pocket change, and don't need to worry about debit , while still building credit

Yea in theory it is a good thing but the possibility of it getting out of control is quite high but then again would ultimately depend on the person using or mis-using the card.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

That is what I thought, I'm 26 and never had and never will have a credit card. I know someone who is 25 almost and is currently around £13,000 in debt and growing because she is a fucking retard. The day she asks to borrow any money of me I'm going to tell her to screw off.

It's to your advantage to have a credit card. All it takes is self control. I've had my credit card for 17 years and I have no debt on it. The card, savings, and checking account are all with the same credit union which makes it incredibly easy/convenient to continuously move cash to the card after I use it. Interest rates should be of no concern -- you're only charged when you have a balance at the time of billing. Pay it before that happens and a 25% interest rate is moot.

Establishing and maintaining credit (especially a credit card) isn't hard unless, as you put it, you're a retard.

This coming from a person whose credit score is over 800. Trust me, get a card, and don't be a retard. Only spend what you have. Easy.

Caveat: unless things are different in the United Kingdom.

It's to your advantage to have a credit card. All it takes is self control. I've had my credit card for 17 years and I have no debt on it. The card, savings, and checking account are all with the same credit union which makes it incredibly easy/convenient to continuously move cash to the card after I use it.

Establishing and maintaining credit (especially a credit card) isn't hard unless, as you put it, you're a retard.

This coming from a person whose credit score is over 800. Trust me, get a card, and don't be a retard. Only spend what you have. Easy.

Caveat: unless things are different in the United Kingdom.

Since I'm inexperienced with these things, if I was to purchase a bottle of Coca-Cola which is around £1,50 for a 500mL would that work to build up credit or would it have to be more of a substantial purchase?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Yea in theory it is a good thing but the possibility of it getting out of control is quite high but then again would ultimately depend on the person using or mis-using the card.

Right. Its all down to yourself. That's why I use It for same amounts , and have radically more money then I ever spend with the card. If you can do that, it may very well save you 10s of thousands in interest on home loans

-source quicken loans mortgage bankerbanker(sister)

Lol, don't worry about it. Just go to the bank and maintain a balance. 

If it makes you feel better the US national debt comes out to approximately $57,000 per citizen right now. $5.30 is nothing. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Since I'm inexperienced with these things, if I was to purchase a bottle of Coca-Cola which is around £1,50 for a 500mL would that work to build up credit or would it have to be more of a substantial purchase?

Anything helps. The more you spend and pay off the "better" it looks. But the more you spend, the more self control you need to have. So examine and be honest with yourself before you go around buying stuff.

I didn't even have a bank account at 13... much less a credit card... (though it's more of a "pre-paid" type for you I guess?)

Won't affect your credit ratings, probably just the monthly fees that passed through...

I'm also with Desjardin, they do allow Overdraft... In the case of their Fee collecting. Not enough money to pay the monthly fee? It goes in the negative. A bill passed before you got your paycheck? Enjoy the negative...

ah. well probably the fact that I have a student account and. mostly. that im still under 18.  that i ill change soon though.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Wont affect your credit unless you paid for it by credit (which being under 18 you wouldnt be allowed credit on your account).

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Well all my money's going down a debt hole at the moment. At the best of times I can't afford to exist. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Lol, I wish I was only 5 dollars in the red.

I WISH :D

Kid, that isn't a debt. Just go to the bank and straighten it out. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |