Fucking Debt

Killswitch49

Let me start off by saying im less than 16 and really dont want any of my stupid fucking mistakes to be affecting my credit and shit (have no idea how this works so please correct me if im wrong). Im with scotiabank and since yesterday my account balance has been negative. As of now it is at - 5.30 $ and i am freaking the fuck out. Im going in the morning tomorrow to deposit some money but im worried cuz i have no idea the repercussions of the debt. How much will to have to pay? will this affect my credit and shit in the future? Is this a big deal or am i freaking out for no reason. Thanks for the help, i really dont want to fuck anything up when im 13 as a result of the extravagant steam spending.,

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

Probably just a $25 fee from your bank or something, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong others, but I don't think this is something to freak out about credit wise. 

Just be more aware of your balance in the future ;-)

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

It'll probably be fine if you pay what they ask. Shouldn't affect credit ratings etc

Wouldn't call that debt though. I'd call that spare change xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I doubt there will be much that you'd have to pay, I'd just keep the balance above $5 or whatever your bank's minimum is.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Let me start off by saying im less thhan 16 and really dont want any of my stupid fucking mistakes to be affecting my credit and shit (have no idea how this works so please correct me if im wrong). Im with scotiabank and since yesterday my account balance has been negative. As of now it is at - 5.30 $ and i am freaking the fuck out. Im going in the morning tomorrow to deposit some money but im worried cuz i have no idea the repercussions of the debt. How much will to have to pay? will this affect my credit and shit in the future? Is this a big deal or am i freaking out for no reason. Thanks for the help, i really dont want to fuck anything up when im 13 as a result of the extravagant steam spending.,

Bad "credit" is when loans aren't repaid to financial institutions, not overdrawing at the ATM.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

first off.

how did the bank give you 5.30 $ ??

it usually blocks the transaction

second. no. just go talk with the bank and give the money back. thats it

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

What ? 

For a second there I thought you bought 5960X with 4 TITAN X so now you're in debt ... But $5,30 ? How's that gonna affect anything ?

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Can agree with xeromynd, you're fine. There may be a fee for over drafting. Most banks offer overdraft protection for free so you cannot go negative. Your credit is A OK from this incident.

@ShnizleGhost @Dr. Xeno Pootis @Delusional Phil @givingtnt Probably another stupid question but will just depositing the money be fine or would i have to go talk to the desk

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

@ShnizleGhost @Dr. Xeno Pootis @Delusional Phil @givingtnt Probably another stupid question but will just depositing the money be fine or would i have to go talk to the desk

just deposit it

have you taken any money for the balance to be in the negative ? or it just kinda went away ?

if so. id talk with the bank

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

first off.

how did the bank give you 5.30 $ ??

it usually blocks the transaction

second. no. just go talk with the bank and give the money back. thats it

A lot of banks allow overdraft..?

@Killswitch49 That doesn't do jack to your credit. Don't worry. If you want to get yourself in to crippling debt you need to take out a dozen credit cards, max them, never pay it off, and get loans for a few vehicles and a house or two.

13? and have a credit card? damn son

Some children's accounts with banks will allow a sort of credit card to be issued, but most of the time it's actually a debit card instead of a credit card.

Visa debit/ credit thing. Pretty much a debit as @AlwaysFSX said

A lot of banks allow overdraft..?

@Killswitch49 That doesn't do jack to your credit. Don't worry. If you want to get yourself in to crippling debt you need to take out a dozen credit cards, max them, never pay it off, and get loans for a few vehicles and a house or two.

mine doesen't . im with desjardin. so yeah (I think its only in quebec tho. not sure)

#cashgamestrong

Yeah that doesn't effect credit. Plus if it's even remotely like in the states, yours won't even start until you're 18. So you can pretty much fuck up as much as you want without worry! :D

just deposit it

have you taken any money for the balance to be in the negative ? or it just kinda went away ?

if so. id talk with the bank

Sorry im just kinda confused. Could you rephrase it.

That is what I thought, I'm 26 and never had and never will have a credit card. I know someone who is 25 almost and is currently around £13,000 in debt and growing because she is a fucking retard. The day she asks to borrow any money of me I'm going to tell her to screw off.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Sorry im just kinda confused. Could you rephrase it.

did you withdraw the 5$ or did the bank take it 

did you withdraw the 5$ or did the bank take it 

Awwwww, withdrew it like a fucking retard

I didn't even have a bank account at 13... much less a credit card... (though it's more of a "pre-paid" type for you I guess?)

Won't affect your credit ratings, probably just the monthly fees that passed through...

mine doesen't . im with desjardin. so yeah (I think its only in quebec tho. not sure)

I'm also with Desjardin, they do allow Overdraft... In the case of their Fee collecting. Not enough money to pay the monthly fee? It goes in the negative. A bill passed before you got your paycheck? Enjoy the negative...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

That is what I thought, I'm 26 and never had and never will have a credit card. I know someone who is 25 almost and is currently around £13,000 in debt and growing because she is a fucking retard. The day she asks to borrow any money of me I'm going to tell her to screw off.

Eh, I have a credit card. Literally just to build credit to save money on loans. Its crazy how MMuch good credit can save you. I use mine just for gas+fast food purchases. So its always relative pocket change, and don't need to worry about debit , while still building credit