So annoyed...

Yeah so my parents say that I can buy a $200 microphone or a $600 monitor but not a $140 case. They know that I don't make jack shit from YouTube but I can buy a $200 mic? Laughable at the ignorance. I explained to my dad that I should wait for G-Sync to lower but he said "get a new case when you get a new graphics card." It's more rational to get a new monitor than a new case with a GPU. Ugh.

Parents will be parents I guess :P

But regardless, what's wrong with the Define R4? pretty smexy imo

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Can anyone get me a hot serving of First World Problems?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Parents will be parents, but I'd be thankful they are buying you anything at all :P

They bought me the PC but they don't let me use my birthday money from friends and other family members from exactly 3 months ago.

They bought me the PC but they don't let me use my birthday money from friends and other family members from exactly 3 months ago.

On one side, that's a bit strange, but on the other, they may be trying to teach you money management skills.

Eh, we can never know for sure. Have you asked them about it?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Ah, I thought they were buying these extras for you. If it's your money you should be permitted to spend it however you like imo

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Ah, I thought they were buying these extras for you. If it's your money you should be permitted to spend it however you like imo

Exactly

I'm pretty sure they think that whatever you have now is "fine" and maybe they don't want you taking ur build apart and reassembling into a new case?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Exactly

Still you should just save your money...

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

My parents haven't bought me anything unnecessary since I was 13. So my advice is spend your money how you want. Your parents can't stop you from using something YOU bought

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

My parents haven't bought me anything unnecessary since I was 13. So my advice is spend your money how you want. Your parents can't stop you from using something YOU bought

Yes they can, their house their rules.  If they say no, then its a no. Final.

Your in a sh!tity spot OP but I suggest you take your parents advice, they are after all the only people in this world that care about you enough to give you shelter, food, and a bloody life.

I'm pretty sure they think that whatever you have now is "fine" and maybe they don't want you taking ur build apart and reassembling into a new case?

They know that I know what I'm doing. My dad thinks that a monitor that will ruin my gaming experience (needing to scale down to 1080p from 1440p resulting in a grainy image) will do something. Basically, he says that a case won't do anything for me. Apparently my ugly, black, unintuitive case that uses the same layout as a 2003 Dell PC is "cooler" and "better" than the NZXT N450. It totally doesn't not have an led lit I/O, PSU shroud, and better airflow. Definitely not the case.

They know that I know what I'm doing. My dad thinks that a monitor that will ruin my gaming experience (needing to scale down to 1080p from 1440p resulting in a grainy image) will do something. Basically, he says that a case won't do anything for me. Apparently my ugly, black, unintuitive case that uses the same layout as a 2003 Dell PC is "cooler" and "better" than the NZXT N450. It totally doesn't not have an led lit I/O, PSU shroud, and better airflow. Definitely not the case.

I have a $30 case, and it is plain looking. just a black box.  Don't waste your money on a box.

I have a $30 case, and it is plain looking. just a black box.  Don't waste your money on a box.

Wasn't talking to you. 

Nice blog post.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Are you kidding?

The R4 is a pretty well regarded case. Nothing like what you said.

They bought you the computer. Maybe they want you to save your money for other things. The case is perfectly functional.

Honestly it sounds like you're bitching about awfully trivial things.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Are you kidding?

The R4 is a pretty well regarded case. Nothing like what you said.

They bought you the computer. Maybe they want you to save your money for other things. The case is perfectly functional.

Honestly it sounds like you're bitching about awfully trivial things.

Well actually they bought me a prebuilt when I was unintelligent about PCs. Sold that to build this. The R4 is just basic. I mean it's good because of its simplicity but I would much rather have a Noctis 450. There really is nothing else for me to save my money for. The only thing would be a monitor but G-Sync is too much right now. I expect it to go down  a fair amount next year.

Yeah so my parents say that I can buy a $200 microphone or a $600 monitor but not a $140 case. They know that I don't make jack shit from YouTube but I can buy a $200 mic? Laughable at the ignorance. I explained to my dad that I should wait for G-Sync to lower but he said "get a new case when you get a new graphics card." It's more rational to get a new monitor than a new case with a GPU. Ugh.

lol, youtube channel?

corsair 760t?

lol, youtube channel?

corsair 760t?

Yeah I have some videos. I've only made $30 in a year. 760T is too big and just the idea of a case bothers them.

Yeah I have some videos. I've only made $30 in a year. 760T is too big and just the idea of a case bothers them.

lol,

I meant...\

whats your utube channel....

lol

ill "professionally partner" with you.....

legitly...

xD

The define r4 is a much nicer looking case.

Your dad is doing you a favour lol, just because something is "super cool and gaming with its fully hectic LED's" doesn't make it better. The r4 is a lot more quiet as well.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

That's not very wise, switching from the Define R4. It's easily one of the best cases ever built.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

I hate to say it but your old man is right, there is no benefit to a new case.  The pc will run exactly the same in a beige box as it will in the coolest looking LED encrusted top of line case.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

lol,

I meant...\

whats your utube channel....

lol

ill "professionally partner" with you.....

legitly...

xD

www.youtube.com/user/TheCovertCamper

I can't work on videos for the next month (finals)