[Mini-News] Windows 10 Build 10074, Aero-Like Blur is Back!

Kherm

Yes, that's right. Aero Is Back! Well, not really. In recent windows 10 builds, the complete Aero composition engine was removed, but now it seems that it was for the better. After Aero was removed , there were absolutely no special effects. No transparency, no title bar color, etc. It now looks like Microsoft is slowly building the effects back up. Now, without further ado, Glam shots!

Windows-10-Build-10102-Aero-1.jpg

Windows-10-Build-10102-Aero.jpg

Windows-10-Build-10074-1-Small.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This new build also features improvements to Cortana, slowly tying everything together

Windows-10-Build-10102.jpg

Windows-10-Build-10074-2-Small.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's also a redesigned 3D Flip animation for Live Tiles

Windows-10-Start-Screen-3D-Tile.gif

http://microsoft-news.com/new-3d-flip-animation-for-live-tiles-spotted-in-leaked-windows-10-build-10102/

http://microsoft-news.com/windows-10-build-10102-screenshots-leaked-cortana-ui-changes-spotted/

http://microsoft-news.com/aero-glass-like-start-menu-theme-spotted-in-windows-10-build-10102/

http://microsoft-news.com/windows-10-build-10074-screenshots-gallery/

Here's a video showcasing all the new features (There are new sounds in this build, featured in this video, tell me what you think)

Also, you can download the ESD files for this build Here.

Expect to hear a lot more of Microsoft news as their yearly //Build/ conference is tomorrow at 12PM ET

So what are your thoughts? do you like these improvements? Do you prefer the old, flatter look

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

fucking finally ,looks MUCH better.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Looking good oh my ....

Now they only need to fix the icons.

UI is starting to come together and looks good. I like the way Cortana UI has improved. Also those 3D flip animation for the Live Tiles is neat. I also like how they make certain UI elements take on a tint the same color as the primary color of the background. I cannot wait for the latest major build release which should be getting announced tomorrow in the Windows Build conference.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Gonna try this in dualboot now.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

mmmm, Windows is finally on the right path

fucking finally ,looks MUCH better.

Except the first picture, the blur looks like water from Africa.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

i'm not as hyped about windows 10 at the moment as I was, I discovered yesterday that the 'new' window snapping feature has existed in Xubuntu for some time, so Microsoft is copying ideas from Linux distros again.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Looks good in monochrome, that's just about it. It never really looked that good on other versions.

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

i'm not as hyped about windows 10 at the moment as I was, I discovered yesterday that the 'new' window snapping feature has existed in Xubuntu for some time, so Microsoft is copying ideas from Linux distros again.

Windows snapping and virtual desktop where Microsoft idea. (well, virtual desktop concept was from Xerox PARC).

As for the more splitting, that comes from the many Windows third party software, that followed soon after Windows 7 was released.

Windows did however have the api's and other just implemented what Microsoft didn't.

NO just stop for a second and think its just for the fucking start menu.Untill its full windows and full black explorer with tabbed browsing i could give less fucks about being able to resize or turn on off aero for start menu, i dont live in a fucking start menu full windows overhaul or gtfo MS...

NO just stop for a second and think its just for the fucking start menu.Untill its full windows and full black explorer with tabbed browsing i could give less fucks about being able to resize or turn on off aero for start menu, i dont live in a fucking start menu full windows overhaul or gtfo MS...

You do realise that the last full overhaul was Windows 8/8.1, which didn't go down so well as most people still use non touchscreen PC's.

PMSL

NO just stop for a second. You do realize this is a VERY early build of Windows 10 still. Blur is just for the start menu because, if you actually happened to read my post, that they are slowly re-beautifying Windows after taking away the Aero Engine. 

Next, This is Full Windows, what are you talking about 'full black explorer' and 'tabbed browsing' WTF? This is a Full, Complete Windows Overhaul If you don't like modern apps, unpin them, or live with them

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

NO just stop for a second. You do realize this is a VERY early build of Windows 10 still. Blur is just for the start menu because, if you actually happened to read my post, that they are slowly re-beautifying Windows after taking away the Aero Engine. 

Next, This is Full Windows, what are you talking about 'full black explorer' and 'tabbed browsing' WTF? This is a Full, Complete Windows Overhaul If you don't like modern apps, unpin them, or live with them

Yep, normal programs still install and run the same way as other versions of Windows.

PMSL

What i meant is they have to make everything transparent + black theme like the start menu by everything i mean the file explorer and pc settings/control panel and spartan and everything ok?thats what full overhaul means to me,let me know when they change that.I couldnt care less about the blur of the start menu.

And add tabs like chrome/firefox,its tiring to manage 10 windows around at the same time when you need to.

In Microsoft defense, that is what was mentioned in the text. They do say to make another thread for improvements on it.

Personally I expect the notification bar to resemble the same as the Start menu, and for Windows... maybe 10.1 if a lot of people demand it.

In Microsoft defense, that is what was mentioned in the text. They do say to make another thread for improvements on it.

Personally I expect the notification bar to resemble the same as the Start menu, and for Windows... maybe 10.1 if a lot of people demand it.

Not sure if that was a response to me but if it was then no, this isn't what was mentioned in the suggestion. The suggestion clearly says:

Clear Glass (No Color) Transparency

Black Glass Transparency

we want this for:

1- Taskbar, Title bars, Start Menu.

Title bar is clearly in the text but Microsoft appears to have, as commenter marc put it, "selective deafness". The suggestion was only 66% completed and they still locked it.

yay

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

UI is starting to come together and looks good. I like the way Cortana UI has improved. Also those 3D flip animation for the Live Tiles is neat. I also like how they make certain UI elements take on a tint the same color as the primary color of the background. I cannot wait for the latest major build release which should be getting announced tomorrow in the Windows Build conference.

Agreed i like how the ui is coming together as well, I could honestly care less about the aereo effect, what I do care is about the usability, and it looks like microsoft has put in a  lot of effort to make the interface more intuitive, then was windows 8, especially since, there is no longer an issue with two seperate install of application ( like in windows 8).

good job microsoft

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

A modern version of this is what they should be doing(how do you resize shrink the picture thumbnail on forum?)

7952dff0dd9e7676e09e2c66c2fa1f0e-d5x84pr

Yet i feel they are avoiding touching the whole interface and only messing with the damn start menu.

Ive messed around with 10074 it feels better but hell its baby steps and the rumoured launch date of july is coming fast i doubt they have time to do something amazing for once guess we have to wait for 10.1 but even then they might ignore all our feedback and suggestions, i seriously hate them.