[Mini-News] Windows 10 Build 10074, Aero-Like Blur is Back!

Kherm

Looks very good, I would just want that they don't make it much like Android Lollipop visual style =/

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

A modern version of this is what they should be doing(how do you resize shrink the picture thumbnail on forum?)

7952dff0dd9e7676e09e2c66c2fa1f0e-d5x84pr

Yet i feel they are avoiding touching the whole interface and only messing with the damn start menu.

Ive messed around with 10074 it feels better but hell its baby steps and the rumoured launch date of july is coming fast i doubt they have time to do something amazing for once guess we have to wait for 10.1 but even then they might ignore all our feedback and suggestions, i seriously hate them.

Oooh, where can I get those visual styles and are they working correctly?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I 100% guarantee that's a concept picture, but that would be cool. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I was never a fan of aero. Always caused more performance issues than anything. The amount of times I would visit a forum for an issue with games or software and 'try disabling Aero' was not only often the first suggestion, but quite often the solution. I actually like the windows 8.1 flat design.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I was never a fan of aero. Always caused more performance issues than anything. The amount of times I would visit a forum for an issue with games or software and 'try disabling Aero' was not only often the first suggestion, but quite often the solution. I actually like the windows 8.1 flat design.

What were you running it on? A potato? Because even the integrated graphics on my Asus P5K-VM handled it just fine.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What were you running it on? A potato? Because even the integrated graphics on my Asus P5K-VM handled it just fine.

Yeah, even my Intel HD Graphics (Nehalem) can (barely) run Windows Media Center with full animations on

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

It was a while back, running on an old AM2 system. But it's not necessarily performance as much as interference with display drivers. It was a while back. My rig now wouldn't bat an eyelid. But I just feel aero is unnecessary window dressing.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

It was a while back, running on an old AM2 system. But it's not necessarily performance as much as interference with display drivers. It was a while back. My rig now wouldn't bat an eyelid. But I just feel aero is unnecessary window dressing.

Considering it runs fine on a Geforce 6200 (2005/2006), it must be quite an old rig, and one you shouldn't have had running Win 7 in the first place.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's more personal preference than anything. I just don't see what all the fanfare is over an opaque window effect is. It was one of the biggest complaints I saw about windows 8 and it just seemed petty. I've been using windows 8 (8.1 update 2 now) and I think it's by far the best OS I've ever used. I just don't understand the mass love of the effect.

Spoiler

Honestly i never really got the whole aero thing, i personally am fine with the way it is now.

Clearly this guy didn't see what all the fuss was about either (sorry don't know how to tag people's names only)
Spoiler

Sounds more like a driver issue to me, not performance related. You can't blame Microsoft for a bad driver from AMD/Nvidia. Aero was pretty light weight.

It's more personal preference than anything. I just don't see what all the fanfare is over an opaque window effect is. It was one of the biggest complaints I saw about windows 8 and it just seemed petty. I've been using windows 8 (8.1 update 2 now) and I think it's by far the best OS I've ever used. I just don't understand the mass love of the effect.

I'll explain why Aero was so good for you then.

1) It makes the things outside your window blurry. Why is this good? For the same reason why photos with blurry backgrounds looks good. It makes your attention to go the main subject (content of the window). Basically, it makes it easier to focus on what's inside the window. In this example, Windows 8 is like on the left and Windows 7 is like on the right.

post-216-0-44286800-1430298107.jpg

2) Makes it easier to grasp how windows are stacked in relation to each other. In Windows 8 windows just disappear under each other and it feels very disorganized. On Windows 7 you can still see a bit of the window below the active window which makes it less jarring when you switch between them (because you know where the edges of the window will appear) and it feels more organized because you can see where they are.

3) Makes it seem less camped.The title bar has very little, but very important, info and functionality. Most of it is just a waste of space. If you have transparency you will notice this wasted space less (because it blends into the background) and your windows will therefore appear to be smaller.

That's why a lot of people (including me) think that the lack of transparency makes Windows 8:

Uglier, harder to focus on content of windows, feel more disorganized and feel more crammed.

I like the blur, but I dislike Aero. I think Windows 10 looks awesome with the (almost) invisible window borders and flat bars, I don't like the curved glass-like theme of Vista/7. It looked fancy when it came out I admit. This is just preference for the most part, it's very similar to depth of field in games.

www.nooooooooooooooo.com

Man. This better be optional. The only well executed OS blur is MacOS X.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I 100% guarantee that's a concept picture, but that would be cool. 

Actually there are tons of themes out there using glass/black glass transparency/blur etc but they are not 1 click install and the tweaks used dont always work like in the guides.

Basically most of them revolve around 3 programs:

-UXTheme dll patcher for 3rd party themes or UXStyle same thing.

-Ribbon Disabler for Win8/8.1

-OldNewExplorer to fix some windows explorer stuff.

Here you can find the best themes most of them usually rely on programs above,most of them work but the pretiest ones are the hardest to install or to make it full work like in the pictures,ive had good luck and bad luck with them try yourself AT YOUR OWN RISK,use a virtual machine if you dont want to mess around with your original Win install and then apply the one you like to the original if you can make it work.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/best-windows-8-1-themes/

Anyway i hope win 10 comes with better support for all sorts of themes out of the box im sick of 3rd party dll patchers and the inflexibility of windows,its just too locked down and the default themes that come with it are pure shit.

I love aero !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE