Opinions on my System

Shaan5

How is my Build

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kKrkP6

I don't want to do any overclocking

I know that an H97 Board would make a lot more sense seeing as the CPU is non overclockable and there is no CPU Cooler but, I Couldn't find any Black and Red H97 Boards that had the Features that I wanted although I considered the Gaming 3 from MSI as well

I want to play Elder Scrolls Online as well as upcoming titles with Very High Settings 1080p with around 60FPS

Thanks

Case: Define R5 I GPU: G1 GTX 970 I CPU: i5 4690k I RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X I PSU:  EVGA 750B2 I Cooler: Noctua NH D15 

MB: ASUS Z97-A I SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB I HDD: WD Black 1TB

How is my Build

I know that an H97 Board would make a lot more sense seeing as the CPU is non overclockable and there is no CPU Cooler but, I Couldn't find any Black and Red H97 Boards that had the Features that I wanted although I considered the Gaming 3 from MSI as well

I want to play Elder Scrolls Online as well as upcoming titles with Very High Settings 1080p with around 60FPS

Thanks

cheers bro! looks good! also sart idea to go with a z97 incase you want an overclocking cpu later :)

askdjfasdf

cheers bro! looks good! also sart idea to go with a z97 incase you want an overclocking cpu later :)

The CPU isn't overclockable

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

How is my Build

Thanks

The GTX970 runs eso just fine maxed out at 1080p, though imo eso kinda sucks ass.. skyrim is a ton better.

You might want to get the i5 4690K if you want to overclock, as the non-k versions cannot really be overclocked.

Overall that build looks pretty damn good! Nice job m8!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Great build, everything is balanced and the color theme is consistant. Although this isn't neccesary, getting an unlocked i5  and Z97 might give it more resale value in the future.

junker build in the making

The CPU isn't overclockable

inc ase you want an overclocking cpu later as in to upgrade to :).

askdjfasdf

If you are getting a non-K i5, you might as well get hyper-threading with it.  The Xeon E3-1231 V3 is like having an i7 4770 (non K):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($316.11 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($112.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.98 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($422.39 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Memory Express)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $1385.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-26 21:14 EDT-0400