Valve Giving Content creators the option to sell mods.

werto165

Yeah I guess I missed your point on that, huh... Not surprising though I didn't even realize I made that accidental double post while checking out some other places going on about these issues as well as the couple of threads here :P . Ah well.

I'm about as enthusiastic of a Steam supporter as it gets, but this is a terrible, horrible, awful idea, and NOTHING is immune to criticism.  I'll be adding to the rational side of the opposition by emailing Valve about it, voicing my discontent, telling others to do the same, etc etc.  Hopefully it won't have to escalate above that.  The backlash for this online seems pretty huge.  I can see them backing down from this.  I hope.

A donate lump sum/subscriber scheme for modders makes WAY more sense, the system they have could support that, and it would showcase an actual Shit Given for modders/supporters/gamers, as opposed to the monstrosity they've unleashed.  A small fee/cut would be understandable in all of this.  The lion's share is pure greed, and that and other factors will actually stifle creativity.  Terrible.

Does this piss you off too?  Then don't just moan about it here or on Reddit.  Actually speak up.  You can email Valve employees, including Gabe, directly.  Do it.

Did you already hate Steam and just like to feel vindicated?  Well then I dunno, enjoy the act of moaning I guess.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I don't have anything against Valve allowing modders to get paid for their mods. I think it's very good that content creators now have the option to release their things for free or as paid content.

This launch has been terrible though, with people uploading things other people have created and how the hell can anyone be okay with Valve taking 75% of the revenue? It would have been a pretty big cut even if the numbers were reversed (75% to content creators, 25% to Valve).

This launch has been terrible though, with people uploading things other people have created and how the hell can anyone be okay with Valve taking 75% of the revenue?

they're weren't.

btw not defending Bethesda or Valve.

Agree that the lions share should go to the mod creator.

Just realized how many mods I have VwrsbIi.jpg

kmd2lPG.gif

In your collection or all at once?

I've got 87 active at this time

-------

Current Rig

-------

In your collection or all at once?

I've got 87 active at this time

Yea... only about 200 or so active. Most of them being armour mods and spells and *ahem* other stuffs  :ph34r:

I like to keep my mods  ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

im totally up for this IF it is a 100% optional charge, im not behind a mandatory payment at all.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit