I7 4790K VS I5 4690K

Im building my pc and im gonna be doing a lot of gaming/editing for my clan. Whats better? 

Purely better?

4790K. But it is also more expensive.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Gaming and editing the i7 4790k STOP MAKING SAME THREADS OVER AND OVER PLEASE 

Sorry i have questions. If you dont like them than dont view them.

Ask all your questions in a single thread wtf,  You don't create 25 threads if you have 25 different questions on 25 different parts.  You already know what you want to ask, so ask them all at once. My gosh.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

You could've asked this question in your previous post "Is 4790k good?" btw i am not in any way trying to be mean and I respect your questions just be more efficient with them

If you already have an high-end GPU planned in the build or if you already own one (GTX 970/ R9 290X or better) then IMHO the next best place to spend money when it comes to performance would be the CPU and if you can afford both the 4790K and an high-end GPU then by all means go for it...otherwise go with a core i5 and the best GPU you can afford up to the GTX 970 or R9 290X (GTX 980 not worth it for the little extra performance it gives both the 970 and 980 will basicaly require an upgrade at the same time down the road where as the 4790K should outlive the 4690K by a fair bit when it comes to gaming IMHO.) Typicaly GPU's don't age very well and go outdated fairly quickly where as a strong processor will last you years and years.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

You could've asked this question in your previous post "Is 4790k good?" btw i am not in any way trying to be mean and I respect your questions just be more efficient with them

Ok i will. Sorry i just dont want to mess anything up and waste money

If you already have an high-end GPU planned in the build or if you already own one (GTX 970/ R9 290X or better) then IMHO the next best place to spend money when it comes to performance would be the CPU and if you can afford both the 4790K and an high-end GPU then by all means go for it...otherwise go with a core i5 and the best GPU you can afford up to the GTX 970 or R9 290X (GTX 980 not worth it for the little extra performance it gives both the 970 and 980 will basicaly require an upgrade at the same time down the road where as the 4790K should outlive the 4690K by a fair bit when it comes to gaming IMHO.) Typicaly GPU's don't age very well and go outdated fairly quickly where as a strong processor will last you years and years.

Yeah i have a gtx 970

Ok thanks everybody. I will get a i5 and put the money into a different motherboard.

Ok thanks everybody. I will get a i5 and put the money into a different motherboard.

What is the motherboard you planned to get? Because if it is decent, dont change it because motherboard dont have any effect on performance. They would simply be better for overclocking basicly but marginally and for very limited use case

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

What is the motherboard you planned to get? Because if it is decent, dont change it because motherboard dont have any effect on performance. They would simply be better for overclocking basicly but marginally and for very limited use case

I plan on getting a Asus z97-a but i want a blacked out motherboard with no led so you can see anything.

But what about the i7 4790k it has hyper-threading and i5 does not.

I plan on getting a Asus z97-a but i want a blacked out motherboard with no led so you can see anything.

Ok. That would be pretty neat and not expensive for no reason.

But what about the i7 4790k it has hyper-threading and i5 does not.

The 4790k is better for editing thats for sure but if your streching your budget for it, the 4690k will still be a really nice option

Ok. That would be pretty neat and not expensive for no reason.

The 4790k is better for editing thats for sure but if your streching your budget for it, the 4690k will still be a really nice option

Im gonna be streaming to

Im gonna be streaming to

Same argument goes for streaming

You can consolidate them into a single one.

I Dont make 11 threads to ask 11 questions.

I make one, and ask 11 questions.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313