Apple Pay trounces PayPal and Google Wallet in customer satisfaction

blaze756

Usage numbers aside, it’s also worth noting that Apple Pay users are seemingly much happier with their mobile payment experience than users who opt for rival payment services like PayPal or Google Wallet.

Apple Pay is not only the most used mobile payment service it seems that it's also the most loved and easy to use. The only problem now is that it need's to come to other countries such as the UK, Canada and Australia. The wait is all too long, and surprisingly Australia seems the most prepared being that about 99%* of stores that have an EFTPOS terminal are NFC capable.

*99% isn't an actually figure I'm just using a hyperbole to give you some sort of perspective.

OP: http://bgr.com/2015/04/21/apple-pay-paypal-google-wallet/

Not surprising. Wallet has some issues and is tied to carriers, PayPal is just PayPal. 

Apple Pay is carrier agnostic and user friendly AND bank approved. Helps to have that going for you. 

It's not comparable to PayPal. It's really apples to oranges in my opinion. Pardon the pun.

To me PayPal is how I pay for things online securely. Apple pay and Google wallet are for in person use.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

It's not comparable to PayPal. It's really apples to oranges in my opinion. Pardon the pun.

To me PayPal is how I pay for things online securely. Apple pay and Google wallet are for in person use.

Iirc, apple pay works online if you do it through your phone and probably with safari.

It's unfortunate Apple Pay isn't talked about as much as it should be.  Arguably, this is the most innovative idea Apple has done to any field since the iPhone's inception.

I'm no Apple fanboy, but I know a golden goose when I see one.  I hope Apple does well here, god knows their flaccid attempt in the watch market won't be redefining "innovative" anytime soon.

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

It's unfortunate Apple Pay isn't talked about as much as it should be.  Arguably, this is the most innovative idea Apple has done to any field since the iPhone's inception.

I'm no Apple fanboy, but I know a golden goose when I see one.  I hope Apple does well here, god knows their flaccid attempt in the watch market won't be redefining "innovative" anytime soon.

Google Wallet did the same years before Apple

Also the entirety of Japan

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Not surprising. Wallet has some issues and is tied to carriers, PayPal is just PayPal. 

Apple Pay is carrier agnostic and user friendly AND bank approved. Helps to have that going for you. 

Not only that, but apple is not seen by it's users the same way google is by their users.  Google is primarily a data collection agency, this might go a long way to explain why 34% of apple users are more trusting of apple pay than the 16% of google users.

BTW I don't see much reference to customer satisfaction, which is a little different to trusting a new technology.  So the anal part of me wants to tell everyone this report might be a little sensational.

My personal reaction to this was actually the same as the Samsung bricking news,  why do we even need all these new wallets, whats wrong with my bank account?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Agreed. Google did it first. Microsoft came afterwards. The biggest thing Apple did was open up adoption. Here's the thing most people don't realize. Apple Pay isn't a new standard. It uses the same exact tech from previous wallets. That means, where Apple Pay is accepted, so is Google wallet. Yeah, you have to deal with carrier adoption. But Apple Pay helps everyone.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift