New leaked images give us a better look at Oppo’s upcoming bezel-less smartphone

Majinferno

Oppo-bezelless-1-710x533.jpg

A few weeks ago, a video leaked on the web giving us a good look at Chinese manufacturer Oppo’s supposed upcoming bezel-less smartphone. Alongside a number of photos of the phone in action, the video showed someone flipping through the device’s user interface to show off the futuristic design. The phone, which has unofficially been named the R7, has now leaked in some new pictures, giving us another look at the handset.

Unfortunately there’s not any new information to report here, but it’s still nice to see more photos of the device out in the wild. And aside from the aesthetics of the device, we really have no solid information on the specs it will bring to the table. A few previous rumors suggest that the device could carry a 5.5-inch display, a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6795 processor, a 20.7MP rear-facing camera and measure just 4.85mm thick.

Oppo is supposedly achieving this bezel-less look using a patent filed by the company last December. The schematic below shows how the beveled side of glass can refract light, creating the illusion that the screen is larger than in reality and concealing the margin (marked 22) that houses electronic components.

oppo-patent.jpg

Like any other rumor or leak, this should still be taken with a grain of salt. But seeing as how there’s now a video and multiple photo sets of the device, we’re assuming that this device is real, and that it could eventually make its way to market.

Oppo-bezelless-3.png

source: http://www.androidauthority.com/oppo-bezel-less-smartphone-leaked-images-601986/

It looks nice, but dosen't really jump at me. I think it's more of the phones body design that dosen't appeal to me. Not really a deal-maker, nor is it a deal maker in my opinion. To my understanding, this is the first bezel-less phone which is pretty cool coming from oppo.

"Bezel less".

It still technically has bezels. It's just the way the glass is curved at the side, that makes it appear that there are none.
The image is slightly distorted when it goes into the curved glass at the sides. So. Some might absolutely hate it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OMFG. I HATE THEM

If hold them, your hand from the side interferes with touch...

Even on my tablet with relatively large bezels I have that issue...I can only imagine the problems I would have with this. They need to redirect their bezel-less energy from the phone, on which it is impractical, to the computer monitor, where it would be extremely useful, especially for those who use multiple monitors.

If Oppo themselves went into computer monitors and gave us this technology then they would instantly make A TON of money especially if that monitor was proper 1440p IPS @ 120Hz

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Yay. Another useless "feature" on a phone that will sacrifice usability for an "impressive" spec. It's in the realm of 4k mobile displays in terms of stupidity. But, as mentioned before, it would be amazing if a good monitor manufacturer got hold of this to make an awesome bezel less monitor.

- snip-

i think less bezel in a phone it's a bad thing. Less bezel should be used on a devices that not mean to be touched. like a TV for example.

It seems a lot like the S6 Edge really. It still has a bezel above and below the screen technically (which I understand is not going away) and the sides just make the screen real estate, that you would gain by having no bezels, completely useless as it curves out of view and distorts the image. I'm sure this phone will be nice for some people just because they enjoy the aesthetic, which a bezel free phone's main selling feature is anyway, but i'm definitely not that person.

Why yes actually, I would LOVE to have my phone become even more slippery and full of smudges!

Or you know, you could buy a case and totally negate these attributes and the entire point of the design :D

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I personally don't touch the front of my phone besides when I do press the screen, so I don't see the issue?

For those who complain, there's hundreds of phones out there. You can find a phone of almost any size (up to 6.4inches that is)

I personally don't touch the front of my phone besides when I do press the screen, so I don't see the issue?

For those who complain, there's hundreds of phones out there. You can find a phone of almost any size (up to 6.4inches that is)

This isnt new technology per say Sharp crystal and crystal x has the same thing 

2631028-1510536659-sharp.jpg

Except it has massive ugly top and bottom bezels....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

OMFG. I HATE THEM

If hold them, your hand from the side interferes with touch...

I always have that issue with my S5

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

and you hold it .. where?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well I can already imagine the horrors of handling this thing and the horrors when I drop the phone. :(

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]