Verizon: Data caps are good for you

spartaman64

Brace yourselves...at one point I worked for VZW. All of your information - is theirs. One of our managers had a crush on Ricky Martin. Had access to his entire account and everyone on it, knew his home address and when he was home or not, etc. That place is more evil than you think.

Oh. My. Fucking. God. That's creepy as shit. And probably illegal.

- snip-

First of all, a 15GB plan with 4 galaxy S6's on Edge (payments) costs 260 a month. Also, while we do have the strongest network, if we offered full unlimited, our network would crash all day. We invested 6.5 billion into our network last year which has allowed us to lower our prices so people can use more data. As for Sprint/Tmobile any unlimited plans only offer LTE until 2-3GB then you get 3G. Also while Sprint's coverage is okay, T-Mobile's is very very poor. Now Sprint does offer cut your bill in half, but what they do is cut your price point but then make you lease/finance the phones. But the "new" price has the financing discount included. So while they will give me 15GB and 4 phones for 130, the S6 is 25/month financed so my bill goes from 260>230, I have to trade in my existing phones and cannot be damaged or cracked. But for 30 bucks I cut my coverage in half.

I assume you work for verizon, but my answer is : just upgrade your network. And a lot of people won't buy it cus thru don't need it. Just saying.

- snip-

I assume you work for verizon, but my answer is : just upgrade your network. And a lot of people won't buy it cus thru don't need it. Just saying.

Verizon has been upgrading our network. They spent 10% of their gross income last year alone upgrading their network. They have bar none the best network and getting better every year. The problem is their lte is on the 700mhz spectrum and has a finite amount of space. Where cable has 50 times the maximum bandwidth and fiber is 1000 times.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

Verizon has been upgrading our network. They spent 10% of their gross income last year alone upgrading their network. They have bar none the best network and getting better every year. The problem is their lte is on the 700mhz spectrum and has a finite amount of space. Where cable has 50 times the maximum bandwidth and fiber is 1000 times.

the government gives you billions each year in tax breaks if sprint and t mobile can handle unlimited data plans there is no reason why you cant

the government gives you billions each year in tax breaks if sprint and t mobile can handle unlimited data plans there is no reason why you cant

They can't handle it, you get 2gb of lte and the rest 3g. Sure they could handle unlimited 3g but that won't even,play 480p videos back. I get full lte no matter how much I use.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

They can't handle it, you get 2gb of lte and the rest 3g. Sure they could handle unlimited 3g but that won't even,play 480p videos back. I get full lte no matter how much I use.

no all of t mobile plans are unlimited basically except when you exceed that amount they drop you down to 3G but their unlimited plan is unlimited 4G lte

So because data caps are good for you, and Verizon charges you a whackton for going over... is Verizon a service provider or a goddamned nanny?

I'm the consumer and I know what I want, you're a provider, a tool, not my adviser or nanny. Either bend over for me or get out of my way.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Dear god, as someone who works for a service provider in Belgium I suddenly feel okay with our plans. No shared data bollocks (although the caps are still having to rise), reasonable pricing and most of all NO CONTRACTS. Unless you opt for financing on a phone, you cannot be bound to your subscription. And even if you do, you just have to pay for the rest of the phone.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

no all of t mobile plans are unlimited basically except when you exceed that amount they drop you down to 3G but their unlimited plan is unlimited 4G lte

That's what I said. No data cap but only 2gb of lte. Offering no data caps but only 2gb of lte is shady advertising. You can barely check email on 3g.

That's what I said. No data cap but only 2gb of lte. Offering no data caps but only 2gb of lte is shady advertising. You can barely check email on 3g.

but thats the 2GB plan and you can get the unlimited plan

Dear god, as someone who works for a service provider in Belgium I suddenly feel okay with our plans. No shared data bollocks (although the caps are still having to rise), reasonable pricing and most of all NO CONTRACTS. Unless you opt for financing on a phone, you cannot be bound to your subscription. And even if you do, you just have to pay for the rest of the phone.

Here its vastly different. Over in Europe everything is GSM and you buy full retail. The overhead costs are much lower for carriers because they sell no contract services. If the US had all no contracts and people paid 750 for an iPhone I suspect verizon would be cheaper. But people want free phones so they have to charge more. And btw, Apple does charge full retail per phone to the carriers. there is no bulk discount from apple.

but thats the 2GB plan and you can get the unlimited plan

If you read the fine print their unlimited only gives 2gb of lte. Passed that it's 3g.

If you read the fine print their unlimited only gives 2gb of lte. Passed that it's 3g.

so their unlimited plan is the exact same thing as their 2GB plan except their 2GB plan is 40 dollars and the unlimited is 100 

And remember Tmobile is not a major carrier. Their coverage is mostly major cities. Also you have to pay full price for their phones.

so their unlimited plan is the exact same thing as their 2GB plan except their 2GB plan is 40 dollars and the unlimited is 100

The difference is the 2g. Is 2gb of lte and nothing more. Their unlimited plan allows usage past 2gb but at lower speeds.

And remember Tmobile is not a major carrier. Their coverage is mostly major cities. Also you have to pay full price for their phones.

i would rather pay full price for the phone than 248 dollars a month for 2GB 

The difference is the 2g. Is 2gb of lte and nothing more. Their unlimited plan allows usage past 2gb but at lower speeds.

no all of t mobile plans are technically unlimited but past the data limit you are dropped down to 3G

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/individual.html

Selected Plan..

$ 50 per month

Plus taxes, fees and monthly device payment

• Unlimited talk, text, and data while on our network
  • Up to 1GB of 4G LTE data (Speeds reduced after1GB)
  • Unlimited data & text in 120+ countries & destinations

Selected Plan..

$ 80 per month

Plus taxes, fees and monthly device payment 

• Unlimited talk, text, and data while on our network
  • Unlimited 4G LTE data
  • Unlimited data & text in 120+ countries & destinations

Version must think we are stupid or something, we all new data is a unlimited resources. They only put caps to have/show artificial scarcity of data which is complete BS. 

You watched yesterday's "the Tek" didn't you? :ph34r:

I did for one. I'm slowly getting addicted to it again.

And it's sad that Verizon's even doing data caps. I'm using a couple hundred gigs a month on my phone (with tethering of course), on a £15 pound a month (equiv. ~$20) plan.

Sig under construction.

Yeah, fair enough. I would counter argue, but I'm too tired think of a reply : P

- snip-

Fun fact, on sprint I also get unlimited data, and no, it doesn't drop down to 3g. I used over 100 gigs in a month and it still runs at 15ish mb/s.

I would rather pay a 1/4 of the price to have unlimited data, even if it gets throttled after a certain point as well as not locked into 2 year contract.

Here in Eastern EU we are really oppressed then i guess...  we only get 300 mb/s with no data caps for 25$/eur a month