Does anyone else find Steam's Store UI annoying?

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask the community a question and that question is the title.

Does anyone else find the Steam UI, either for the website in a browser or for the Program, in the store annoying?

I ask this because I can't buy multiple copies of a game I want to gift. If I can, I can't figure out how. 

If I do buy that game for myself, then I can't buy it for anyone else as it says "you already own this game" and there is no "add to cart" option.

I find this very irritating as I gift games quite a bit, and now that the Steam Summer sale is on, I'm trying to "stock up", if you will.

Thanks,
Vitalius.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't mind it, then again, I have never taken a look at it from your perspective, I just always get 1 copy so it was never bother sum to me, I do like it rather then going to a store to buy the game, but then there is the downfall of the download. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I agree, the Winter Sale 2012 was much better. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

For those who say "You just don't know how to use it."

Explain how to use it then please.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's fine for me as I purchased four games using my HTC One. You can purchase games you already own, but they can only be added to your inventory or directly gifted via Steam or e-mail.

Try going back to the game's page and Add to Cart -> Purchase as gift

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Not at all. It's easy. I've tried, used and purchased with every version of the steam store and I've never had a problem. 

Not really, for me it's really easy to use. Only problem right now is there a lot of people on steam and causing it to be really slow.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Not really, for me it's really easy to use. Only problem right now is there a lot of people on steam and causing it to be really slow.

That's not what I'm talking about.

If I want to buy multiple copies of one game that doesn't have a "4-pack" version, I have to go in, buy it, repeat x4.

If I actually buy the game for me, it says I already own it and can't buy another copy, gift or otherwise, so I have to buy all the copies I want before activating one for myself, or I can't buy more.

I get that I'm a unique case (I doubt many people buy multiple copies of games this much), but still, it could be muuuch easier. Like how Newegg does it or something similar.

† Christian Member †

I love it :D

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

I can work with it, its not what I expected for my first big Steam sale but am getting to like it.  The problem it can't handle to many people at once at peak times, to me over 2 hours to buy Skyrim last night, but was no problem when I bought Endless Space this morning.

Cry Havoc!

Well, I would say i don't really care about the UI as long as I can buy and boot games.

well yeah its a bit annoying for me

and also the search sucks

i typed borderlands 2

u know what showed up

1000 DLCs  and borderlands 1

so what i did was i selected

Games

still didnt  show up

so i went through a dlc to find the "must buy borderlands 2 first"

then clicked that........

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I wouldn't say hard to use, but the UI is and feels clunky. 

Hold on. Steam won't allow you to purchase extra copies after you purchased the game for yourself?

That sounds like a 100% bug, I have never had that happen to me.

It's true you can't buy multiple copies of a game at a time but you CAN purchase it if you already own it.

I own X-COM but still lets me Purchase as Gift.

2013-07-12_10-22-33.jpg

I just hate how slow it is... and that's on the regular day.  It's just crawls with the sale.  They need better code/design the steam app, since it browse fine with chrome.

I accidentally clicked ok when asked for age, now my browser is stuck and I can't see any games.. even after I logged in.  Geez..  Not going to bother clearing cookies now.

My Rigs (past and present)

Hold on. Steam won't allow you to purchase extra copies after you purchased the game for yourself?

That sounds like a 100% bug, I have never had that happen to me.

Correction on this, I was wrong. It lets you buy it as a gift. It used to not let me (back in the day, lol) or maybe I was just blind.

I find it quite laggy in general and lacking in features.

Basically this.

If I have an item in my cart and want to buy multiple of it, why can't I just edit a quantity field to just select 4-5 of them (or however many)? It's very irritating when there is no "4-pack".

Oh well. Bought like 10 copies of To the Moon Bundle (OST and game). Still likely to buy more. 

It just feels clunky, and honestly, I'd expect more from Valve. :|

† Christian Member †