Does anyone else find Steam's Store UI annoying?

Correction on this, I was wrong. It lets you buy it as a gift. It used to not let me (back in the day, lol) or maybe I was just blind.

Okay, cool. Thought we had a bugged out client on our hands haha.

I love the Steam UI, but I do indeed HATE that you can't buy multiple copies of something at one time...the only real downside in my opinion.

Hold on. Steam won't allow you to purchase extra copies after you purchased the game for yourself?

That sounds like a 100% bug, I have never had that happen to me.

Correction on this, I was wrong. It lets you buy it as a gift. It used to not let me (back in the day, lol) or maybe I was just blind.

I find it quite laggy in general and lacking in features.

Basically this.

If I have an item in my cart and want to buy multiple of it, why can't I just edit a quantity field to just select 4-5 of them (or however many)? It's very irritating when there is no "4-pack".

Oh well. Bought like 10 copies of To the Moon Bundle (OST and game). Still likely to buy more. 

It just feels clunky, and honestly, I'd expect more from Valve. :|

Their UI updates also run on Valve time.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Layout is fine by me but its so laggy for me and idk why.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

It has its annoyances, like the inability to buy multiple copies of games at once for gifting (outside of the multi-packs offered for select things), and the summer sale UI's always have their annoying nuances. The one thing that gets me is how difficult it can be sometimes to browse categories for games when you just feel like browsing. If I see a game I like, I click it, but when I go back to the list I was looking at, it starts me off at the very top.

It definitely needs some polish and TLC, but it's far from the worst UI I've seen on an application before.

Vitalius, does your cart look anything like this, or something different?

I agree with your statement about purchasing by quantity, it can be a pain sometimes.

m8kr.png

It lacks some features I'd like, and could be a lot faster and probably easier to use (especially the parts where you click, say, a workshop link and it just takes you to the regular browser version except the steam browser SUCKS), but overall I've never had all that much difficulty finding ways to do things I want to do (except I would like to be able to redeem a game code into my gift inventory if I already have the game... I mean, I can just give the code to whoever, but it would be easier to just gift them if they're already on my friends list.)

Vitalius, does your cart look anything like this, or something different?

I agree with your statement about purchasing by quantity, it can be a pain sometimes.

m8kr.png

It looks just like that. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It looks just like that. 

Yeah, I wish Gaben just gave the word and suddenly there was a 'Qty' field.

Though that's probably subject to Valve time, too.