Blackwidow Chroma or Corsair K70 RGB

GentleHawk34
Go to solution Solved by GentleHawk34,

try them both out in a shop if you can.

I say this mainly because if you're a human, you'll like different things than other people. You might like cherry mx red switches the most, or you could be like me and prefer razer green switches. 

That's the biggest thing, we can't decide whats comfortable for you. You have to find out what you prefer more. I though i had cherry mx blues down, I used them for a long, long time,but then razer started making their green switches and i found a new favorite. Point is, everyone is different, if you can, try them out because you just might like one far more than the other.

I cannot stress this enough.

Do not buy a product like this based purely on suggestions from others. We cannot make the most comfortable decision for you, we're all different.

K70

• Good build quality
  • Cherry MX
  • A real wrist-rest
  • ​Slightly Less buggy Software

​Razer BW

• Far better LEDs
  • Razer Greens
  • One program controls all Razer gear

Thx will do, i think there is a best buy near me with them both to try out :)

I was looking for a new RGB mechanical keyboard and was researching and decided I would ask the community for their input. Blackwidow Chroma or Corsair K70 RGB?  Please reply and help me make the right choice. Thx

k70 rgb

much high quality

real cherry MX switches

wrist rest

more elegant

better colour transitions

more colour effects

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Corsair K70 ANYDAY

Razer uses chinese kaihl swithces

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

corsair

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

I say this mainly because if you're a human, you'll like different things than other people. You might like cherry mx red switches the most, or you could be like me and prefer razer green switches. 

That's the biggest thing, we can't decide whats comfortable for you. You have to find out what you prefer more. I though i had cherry mx blues down, I used them for a long, long time,but then razer started making their green switches and i found a new favorite. Point is, everyone is different, if you can, try them out because you just might like one far more than the other.

Do not buy a product like this based purely on suggestions from others. We cannot make the most comfortable decision for you, we're all different.

K70

• Good build quality
  • Cherry MX
  • A real wrist-rest

​Razer BW

• Far better LEDs
  • Razer Greens

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Well both have pros and cons.

Chroma: It looks cheap and has a cheap plastic design and gets very dirty from the oils from your hands.

It has better LED's than the K70

This one might just be for more but it has cherry MX blue switches which get VERY annoying in my mind.

It has a USB passthrough <-- Spell it correctly?

Doesn't come with a wrist rest and after you use one you will never go to not using one <- Double negative 

No multimedia controls (I don't think)

K70

No USB passthrough

Looks SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE CHROMA! Feels higher quality too and is easier to clean since it doesn't have the plastic up to the height of the keys so you can just brush it out or get some compressed air or a brush to clean it while with the chroma you need to take all of the keys off and then it's still a pain to clean.

LED's are decent, but white looks a little orange and orange looks a little brown.

Wrist wrest. Just.. Yes.

Multimedia controls - These work wonders. If you're playing a game and the intro is insanely loud (Im talking about you Left 4 Dead 2) and will make you go deaf then you can just hit the mute button really fast and save your ears.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

This one might just be for more but it has cherry MX blue switches which get VERY annoying in my mind.

Razer No longer uses Cherry MX blues. They use their own custom designed Razer green switches. 

Only the much older models still use Blues.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Razer No longer uses Cherry MX blues. They use their own custom designed Razer green switches. 

Only the much older models still use Blues.

Well the same awful sound that they make, and honestly they feel worse when typing, I think they screwed up on making their own. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

I have owned a Blackwidow with MX switchs, and I love my K70 so much better. The feature set is just better, and the Blackwidow Chroma is low quality with that enclosure and those switches. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

No multimedia controls (I don't think)

It actually has more, but you have to use Fn. I prefer my K70 for volume and mute. While the K70 does not have a sleep button. 

It actually has more, but you have to use Fn. I prefer my K70 for volume and mute. While the K70 does not have a sleep button. 

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot about those because I hate keyboards with FN keys... Don't know why, it just bothers me.

Current PC: 

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot about those because I hate keyboards with FN keys... Don't know why, it just bothers me.

Well, you can't turn up the volume while using WASD for one. Unless you have 3 hands or something. 

Well, you can't turn up the volume while using WASD for one. Unless you have 3 hands or something. 

Yeah true. Oh also the Chroma has macro keys, but I don't use those either because I have fingers for a reason... To do the crap myself...

Current PC: 

Well the same awful sound that they make, and honestly they feel worse when typing, I think they screwed up on making their own. 

I strongly disagree. I really do prefer the clicking sound over silent keys, and prefer to type on Razer switches, and still blues to some regard. I hate cherry reds, which are far too mushy. they feel like a membrane keyboard to me, just a high quality membrane keyboard.

I really honestly prefer razer greens, and so do a lot of other people.

I prefer them so much infact i literaly threw out my last K70rgb with blues after i got used to typing on the razer. even though that kb matched my setup perfectly.

I strongly disagree. I really do prefer the clicking sound over silent keys, and prefer to type on Razer switches, and still blues to some regard. I hate cherry reds, which are far too mushy. they feel like a membrane keyboard to me, just a high quality membrane keyboard.

I really honestly prefer razer greens, and so do a lot of other people.

I prefer them so much infact i literaly threw out my last K70rgb with blues after i got used to typing on the razer. even though that kb matched my setup perfectly.

*Goes and gets his Blackwidow and tries the keys* Oh my god that is right...They do feel mushy compared to blues (I have the 2013 edition) Are browns like blues in the way of the tactile feeling, or do they feel like reds and the mushiness. 

Current PC: 

Yeah true. Oh also the Chroma has macro keys, but I don't use those either because I have fingers for a reason... To do the crap myself...

I had to set the bottom three macros just so I could use volume properly.  

*Goes and gets his Blackwidow and tries the keys* Oh my god that is right...They do feel mushy compared to blues (I have the 2013 edition) Are browns like blues in the way of the tactile feeling, or do they feel like reds and the mushiness. 

Browns feel the same as blues. But your 2013 Blackwidow has an older model of MX blues. They sound louder than the new blues. (Cherry changed them in 2014)

The razer blues rip-off are just as loud as the 2013s. (I have a Blackwidow 2013, K70 with Reds, and used a Razer Chroma quite a bit) 

Browns feel the same as blues. But your 2013 Blackwidow has an older model of MX blues. They sound louder than the new blues. (Cherry changed them in 2014)

The razer blues rip-off are just as loud as the 2013s. (I have a Blackwidow 2013, K70 with Reds, and used a Razer Chroma quite a bit) 

Ah ok. I might have to go with some browns next time, but I am NOT dropping another 170 just to get new switches. Do people ever do trades? Like a 1:1 for a switch change?

Current PC: 

Browns are a bit more like blues than reds, but kind of unique in their own right. The only real way to compare mech keyboards and switches is to actually try them out. xD

Browns are a bit more like blues than reds, but kind of unique in their own right. The only real way to compare mech keyboards and switches is to actually try them out. xD

Yeah I guess. Well Like I said in my last post I am NOT spending another $170 just to see if I like them, nor do I plan on buying a new one soon, but I will trade mine for one that has browns.

Current PC: 

Ah ok. I might have to go with some browns next time, but I am NOT dropping another 170 just to get new switches. Do people ever do trades? Like a 1:1 for a switch change?

Are you blues too loud? Because the Browns are about as loud if you are bottoming them out. (Just as I do with my reds) 

Are you blues too loud? Because the Browns are about as loud if you are bottoming them out. (Just as I do with my reds) 

It's that damn clicking that I hate. The bottoming out doesn't bother me. $10 O rings will fix that. 

Current PC: 

It's that damn clicking that I hate. The bottoming out doesn't bother me. $10 O rings will fix that. 

Oh, yea that got to me eventually, the o-rings really won't fix the clicking. 

Oh, yea that got to me eventually, the o-rings really won't fix the clicking. 

I haven't gotten to picking any up... I will eventually.

Current PC: 

K70

• Good build quality
  • Cherry MX
  • A real wrist-rest

​Razer BW

• Far better LEDs
  • Razer Greens

Thx will do, i think there is a best buy near me with them both to try out :)