The Limited Edition XFORMA MBX MKII is a fancy TJ07 Lookalike That Costs $1,250

Victorious Secret

XFORMA-MBX-MKII-01_w_600.jpg

The headline is mine, because what more do you really have to say about a very expensive TJ07 lookalike. Or ripoff. Whatever floats your vocabulary better. Or worse. This is really difficult. The lol's are real. 

I understand high end products, I understand veblen goods. People will pay a lot for anything. But more often than not, expensive stuff looks its own. Or at least tries. 

These guys aren't trying. Its like they literally went to Silverstone for TJ07 molds or are literally buying up old TJ07s and redoing them. The last scenario is somewhat amusing, actually. 

XFORMA-MBX-MKII-08_w_600.jpg

Most budget-oriented DIY PC enthusiasts rarely second guess a cheap deal on a sturdy case. Some high-end PC enthusiasts won't be satisfied with a case unless they spend $300, use a custom water cooling solution, and have enough LEDs to simulate the light from the sun. While the PC case market has plenty of offerings for such endeavors, not many people could comprehend spending more on an enclosure. 

However, for enthusiasts who break the word "budget" with the money they can throw into their personal PC wonderland, XFORMA has made the new MBX MKII Limited Edition Case available for preorder. And it costs a monstrous $1,250.

"Our goal was to create an ultra-refined, precision crafted case that boldly stands in a class by itself," said Charles Harwood, President of XFORMA, in a press release. Upon first glance, it appears the company did just that. 

The MBX MKII features an aluminum unibody chassis, two brushed aluminum acrylic-windowed side panels, serpentine backplates, and an illuminated logo on the front. Inside, there is room for three 2.5-inch drives and three 3.5-inch drives with the included drive sleds, and there's a front drive structure for slim-slot optical drives. The inverted ATX motherboard tray features an integrated reservoir mount for a custom water loop. The design is sleek and smooth, like a fine hand-crafted Italian automobile.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/xforma-mbx-mk2-cost-elite,28931.html

I believe this is a TJ07 mod, not a lookalike or rip off...

or OEM by Silverstone maybe?

It's almost twice the price of Caselabs, for a case which looks worse...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Now put a 8800 and a Pentium in it and call it a day. And make sure everyone can see those 2007 rainbow wires. And while you're at it, spray some dust in there too.

Ahh 2007. The end of the Bush. The economic meltdown. Great times. 

ddlSNh.jpg

or I'll get the TX10-D (far right) for much less...

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm sorry but they've been doing this for a while now. As in the shape/look of the case.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I just spent $530AUD on a TJ07BK, It's about to get modded the hell out of and then powdercoated white so I'm planning on $800 or so AUD for just the case.

I know it's crazy, but sometimes if you want to get something completely over the top then you're willing to spend a silly amount on it.

Im confused hasn't this case been a thing for literally years? Linus has spoke about it in his videos as he knows the guy who makes them or is this somehow different?

Im confused hasn't this case been a thing for literally years? Linus has spoke about it in his videos as he knows the guy who makes them or is this somehow different?

this case is based off that case. 

i believe. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

or I'll get the TX10-D (far right) for much less...

that case on the far right is @Jack.EXE 's dream. :3 server like. but we can still call it a case. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

that case on the far right is @Jack.EXE 's dream. :3 server like. but we can still call it a case.

That would be correct, load it up with motherboards and FX8320s, connect it all with a switch? BAM, cluster Computer.

Also, I love really, really small cases, like the mbox m-350, or the silverstone ML03