Experiences with non-techies

What I meant was she always presses the back button multiple times when she wants to get home and then she goes back into the app and navigates back to where she was, its just a waste of time.

Curse her for using her device in a way that pleases her!

a triple pin power cable feel out of a monitor once, half the class call me a hacker when i plug it back in.

Most irritating thing is, in my neighborhood for them I'm programmer, hacker who solvers their problems in computers. Whenever they have problem, they call me. I regret I showed them I knew something in PC's, I don't want to be the guy who solves others problems. They are such noobs. 

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

a few months ago my roommate asked me to look at his laptop to see why his PC's USB port wasnt reading his flash drive.  I removed his flash drive from the ethernet slot and put it into the USB port. said "problem solved" then went back to playing battlefield.

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

a few months ago my roommate asked me to look at his laptop to see why his PC's USB port wasnt reading his flash drive.  I removed his flash drive from the ethernet slot and put it into the USB port. said "problem solved" then went back to playing battlefield.

7ae.png

I wish IT classes in schools focused on teaching these sorts of basics: I can understand making the odd mistake (I'm not a DIY person and sometimes screw up - that's what my dad's for) but people should at least KNOW which port to plug stuff into or not to click on adverts that pop up and are NOTHING to do with the web page they are on. Education Ministers need to sort this mess out.

I have recently been trying to convince my parents to get popcorn time (everybody on my family has an android phone and uses a pc w/ windows 8.1 except for my mom) due to the fact that it is completely free. They are generally fine with it except for the whole using torrent/streaming sites thing. I have had to explain how it works while still asserting its "legality." Thankfully though, nobody in my house has even heard of torrenting type stuff though and don't understand the issues surrounding it despite my parents being decently informed on copyright related stuff.

You have to change that from " Everyone, LITELRALLY EVERYONE"  to 'ALMOST(virtually, nearly etc) EVERYONE'.  As there is PROBABLY a mac user out there that does know .

Like me :/

It's funny how Windows users call us ignorant, when you can see how hypocritical it is from posts like these.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

She thinks that if I laugh at a video then the video has no educational value of any sort, however Linus does combine humor and education into one.

I started HTML and I am okay at it, and maybe will start C or one of it's variants too, but I always love hardware. <- sounds wrong

[sarcasm]

No, sir. Education does not = humor. Humor does not exist. It is merely an illusion, crafted to distract you from the main point of life. To become a doctor.

[/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, does she suffer from mental illness? That poor b@st@rd...

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

Like me :/

It's funny how Windows users call us ignorant, when you can see how hypocritical it is from posts like these.

It's really just a stereotype just anybody eth more than one monitor is trying to hack the pentagon.

I have recently been trying to convince my parents to get popcorn time (everybody on my family has an android phone and uses a pc w/ windows 8.1 except for my mom) due to the fact that it is completely free. They are generally fine with it except for the whole using torrent/streaming sites thing. I have had to explain how it works while still asserting its "legality." Thankfully though, nobody in my house has even heard of torrenting type stuff though and don't understand the issues surrounding it despite my parents being decently informed on copyright related stuff.

torrents are generally not a good idea to give out to non "techies" because the average pleb will download torrents filled with viruses. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

It's really just a stereotype just anybody with more than one monitor is trying to hack the pentagon.

Stereotypes sux.

Yeah. I opened up a friggin notepad document once, and my least favorite spooky jock in the class shouted

THE HTMI NERD IS HACKING THE SYSTEM!

1. What the f is HTMI. He either meant HTML, or HDMI the latter of which is strange and the former, because someone can hack into the school security system with HTML... right? [sarcasm]

2. We're both 12. Wow.

3. They probably thought is was some high-tech console because those Word idiots had no clue what notepad was cuz it looked different.

4. This is the same guy who tried to put me in a headlock for friggin "hackin his passcode"

Idiot - STAHP HACKING MY PASSCODE ERGH

That I've just been on the phone with one of them for 2 hours. They told me they had a problem with word, which they indeed had. But that is just their smallest.

I will just post a screenshot I took (over teamviewer, hence the bad quality, sorry) and let you see for yourself

notLikeThis

btw I use arch

torrents are generally not a good idea to give out to non "techies" because the average pleb will download torrents filled with viruses.

Popcorn time is a streaming service that is torrent based. When using it, you aren't downloading anything.

It's not a good idea to give them torrents be cause torrents can have malicious things? Wouldn't that only be a problem if you give them torrents containing malicious things? Also, the same could be said of all religions.

Popcorn time is a streaming service that is torrent based. When using it, you aren't downloading anything.

What magical codec allows for viewing movies without a downstream?

IM spencertheminer

listen to what naely says... (I was dissusing on why i can set an FPS cap on mc)

hhhddd.png

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

IM spencertheminer

listen to what naely says... (I was dissusing on why i can set an FPS cap on mc)

just an average day on minecraft, people thinking they know what they are on about but reality kicks in and they are derping to the max.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This is less about tech as it is about sheer stupidity. According to my mom, earlier today we had a power outage. Like any concerned person would, she called up PSE&G (the power company in my part of new jersey) to report a power outage using her HTC One (I'm responsible for that choice  :D ) When she told the person on the other end that our power was out, that person responded with: "How can you tell?" 

7ae.png

just an average day on minecraft, people thinking they know what they are on about but reality kicks in and they are derping to the max.

They did say they had a nvidea 670 tho, but yeah, an i7..

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

They did say they had a nvidea 670 tho, but yeah, an i7..

bullshit, anyone that has a pc and is only pc gaming knows their specs off my heart, ive even taken the liberty to remember my motherboard name "0GDG8Y". they are lying or they are using a system that doesnt belong to them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

bullshit, anyone that has a pc and is only pc gaming knows their specs off my heart, ive even taken the liberty to remember my motherboard name "0GDG8Y". they are lying or they are using a system that doesnt belong to them.

Unless it's an.... Alienware

Unless it's an.... Alienware

Even then, those who have them tend to remember the ram, cpu, and gpu in order to brag about how much better their pc is than who ever they are talking to.

Even then, those who have them tend to remember the ram, cpu, and gpu in order to brag about how much better their pc is than who ever they are talking to.

I have an Alienware and all I can say about it is that their is nothing to brag about it.

I have an Alienware and all I can say about it is that their is nothing to brag about it.

Yeah but the fanboys tend to brag even if the Alienware they have is the cheapest one they could get, Refer to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrQysW2g_s