HTC one M8 battery sucks?

so yeah got the HTC one m8 yesterday, amazing phones, fast as lightning etc. but the battery seem to be kinda bad... i'm losing around 1% per minute of use. it was at 100% are 14:00 and it's 18:00 and the phones at around 81%. i was watching a movie and every now and then i popped it up to text with my friends on facebook. it's on wifi\data connection all of the time, and i was wondering if that's normal, or is it just the fact that this is a new phone and is downloading a lot of stuff in the background? my battery usage is this:

24% on sense home, 22% chrome browser and another 20% on android system and 20% on a different android thing. 

so yeah is this normal? i've heard this phone can last a day and even 2 days sometimes so i wanted to see how it is on other people's phone.

thanks 

SNIP

yeah if you are watching video the battery will drain super fast

Like my iPhone, if I dont use it, or just for a few texts I can get 2 days out of it.. but if I watch youtube for 30 minutes it goes down by like 10%

and I am fucked if I play a game for half an hour, like 30% gone

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

yeah if you are watching video the battery will drain super fast

Like my iPhone, if I dont use it, or just for a few texts I can get 2 days out of it.. but if I watch youtube for 30 minutes it goes down by like 10%

and I am fucked if I play a game for half an hour, like 30% gone

Yeah. I use my SHIELD Portable for watching video, it seems like it can sometimes completely shut off all cores but the fifth one. Maybe go down 12% in 2 hours on low brightness with the WAN Show. Most of the battery is wasted by leaving wifi on all the time.

Sig under construction.

Yeah. I use my SHIELD Portable for watching video, it seems like it can sometimes completely shut off all cores but the fifth one. Maybe go down 12% in 2 hours on low brightness with the WAN Show. Most of the battery is wasted by leaving wifi on all the time.

Yeah thats an awesome feature of the Tegra 5 core thing, it has one basic core for doing simple tasks, pretty clever stuff

My shield portable has pretty amazing battery life, considering I game on it all the time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah thats an awesome feature of the Tegra 5 core thing, it has one basic core for doing simple tasks, pretty clever stuff

My shield portable has pretty amazing battery life, considering I game on it all the time

Nice. Mine's been through hell and back - sometimes it just crashes and overheats when it's in my bag. That's probably damaged the battery some.

I watch videos on it over using my Note 3 because it's IPS...

Sig under construction.

Nice. Mine's been through hell and back - sometimes it just crashes and overheats when it's in my bag. That's probably damaged the battery some.

I watch videos on it over using my Note 3 because it's IPS...

also fucking insane speakers

Heyyo,

Have you tried the power saving mode? It helps on my One M7. It essentially nerfs the phone to a dual core which works fine for all the basic needs and even can still play games half decently (no real noticeable framerate drops trying SimCity Buildit for example). Albeit trying World of Tanks Blitz with power saving mode enable is painful. :P

Are you on KitKatt or Lollipop 5.0 btw? If on Lollipop? You might need the colorfade memory leak fix. I needed it on my One M7 with 5.0.2.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thetonyp.fixlollipopmemoryleak

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

I have two HTC One M8s...

A personal phone that I use regularly to check mail/reddit/facebook/etc and often use to stream Google Play Music for 1-2 hours a day. It has Bluetooth on and connected to a Moto 360, has LTE on, has NFC on, WiFi on, etc... This phone is NOT optimised for power saving.) Still, the battery on it is at usually around 60% when I go to plug it in at ~11pm (I unplug it at 6:30am.) It only gets really low if I make a bunch of phone calls or spend a lot of time in low service areas where it has to tower search.

My work phone which I rarely touch except to acknowledge emails is right this second at 85% battery and has been unplugged for 1d 4h 16m and I generally only plug it in every 4-5 days. My work phone also has LTE and WiFi on but NFC and Bluetooth are disabled.

The M8s have hands down the best battery of any smart phone I've used which is why I got a second one for my work phone instead of using it as an opportunity to play with something else.