Surface or alternative 2in1 for school/general use?

Snickerzz

I was looking into getting a MS Surface or an alternative for school. Mostly wanting to use Onenote with a stylus. But I'm 17 and will be paying myself. I've found pretty cheap sub $200 Surface RTs but I dont know if that will be enough. Looking at the asus T100 but I'm really wanting something with more than 2GB ram. What do you guys think?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I was looking into getting a MS Surface or an alternative for school. Mostly wanting to use Onenote with a stylus. But I'm 17 and will be paying myself. I've found pretty cheap sub $200 Surface RTs but I dont know if that will be enough. Looking at the asus T100 but I'm really wanting something with more than 2GB ram. What do you guys think?

do not go with a RT. a chromebook at this point will serve you better. RT only has windows apps, which are very limited. id go with a nice chromebook, or a cheap windows laptop. 

do not go with a RT. a chromebook at this point will serve you better. RT only has windows apps, which are very limited. id go with a nice chromebook, or a cheap windows laptop.

chromebooks are limited to chrome xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Surface RT also doesn't have a digitizer which means that if you put your hand on the screen while using a stylus it will freak out. Or you will have to get a pro. If it still has office on it you'll probably will be fine if you use it basically for school. (writing, browsing, some apps).

Can you give an exact budget? You never specifically said what it was, only really hinting. For $200 like price in the OP, you should go used or get a chromebook if thats what you need. The hp stream 13 is also decent for $200.

chromebooks are limited to chrome xD

The RT is way more limited then a Chromebook, and some are built really well

The RT is way more limited then a Chromebook, and some are built really well

how so? On RTs i have some windows apps like skype and office. On chrome im limited to chrome and whatever is on the chrome store

how so? On RTs i have some windows apps like skype and office. On chrome im limited to chrome and whatever is on the chrome store

The chrome apps work more then well, if you want a tablet like that you should go android then. All 3 of the people I know with the RT are extremely disappointed with it.

Its basically a big windows phone, and people say those are only good for calling and texting. Well take away and...