Wisdom Teeth

Comessy

So have you guys got your wisdom teeth removed or do you still have them? If so what age did you get them removed? 

I went to the dentist yesterday and he said about 1-2 years I will get them removed (I'm 16)

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I have had one removed last August, right before I turned 19 due to a nazty infection.it went easy, was in here for about 10 min. Gonna get one more removed soon. What they told me is that the younger you are the easier it is to remove them.

Main Rig: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.7Ghz, Noctua NH-U12s, Asus z68 V-Pro, Evga GTX 970, Samsung EVO 250Gb, Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB,fractal design define r3, XFX XXX 850W

Laptop: Clevo w230st, 13.3" 1080p screen,  CPU intel i5 4200M(Someone want's to donate a i7-4700qm? :P), 8gb ram 1600Mhz, Geforce gtx 765m, SSD: mSata Evo 120Gb(still room for one more), HHD: 1Tb 7200rpm, 

Exactly why do you get your wisdom teeth removed?

So have you guys got your wisdom teeth removed or do you still have them? If so what age did you get them removed? 

I went to the dentist yesterday and he said about 1-2 years I will get them removed (I'm 16)

I was around 18 when I had all four of mine pulled, just be ready for no solid foods for a few days, kinda sucks when you can only eat soups and soft foods.

Exactly why do you remove your wisdom teeth?

You can leave them in theoretically just be sure to brush and clean back there but it depends on how they grow in for most people, if they are sideways or impacting the rest of your teeth that's when they must be removed.

I'm going to be 19 this year, and I've yet to have mine removed.  I was told at 16 to just cut them out then before they came in and all.  They never -truly- came in all the way, but I am still able to clean them and have no problems with it.  I've gone to a few dentists and still go to one I've gone to since I was like--two and he simply said, "Can you clean them?  Yes?  Okay, they can stay.  If you can't clean them anymore, they can't stay." and then he told me a story about Vietnam and I went on my way.  Most of my family still have theirs, and those who got them removed got all of them at once, but really--if you can clean them, even semi-effectively - they probably don't have to be taken out.

Exactly why do you get your wisdom teeth removed?

Usually they grow in sideways because there is no room for them, or they cause an infection

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I have them all still although my mouth doesn't really accommodate them very well since even before I had them my mouth was too small for all my regular teeth :S (I have a ridiculously small mouth)

mine was taken out quite late at 22 when i was serving the army

boy it starts to hurt 1 hour after the operation and huge headache

was taking painkillers like mad

and the bottom wisdom were pretty much 90 degree on their sides as compare to the rest

now my back of the rows have a sinkhole after the operation so i need to keep them clean 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I've had all but one grow through now and my dentist has said that unless the next one is painful or badly aligned then she'll leave them alone.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Thought I might have to have mine removed but didn't in the end. I got a little overcrowding but not so much that it would have necessitated extractions.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Part of my family doesn't have wisdom teeth. Never needed to have them removed, don't have them.

I went on a 3 day bender before I got mine taken out. barely any sleep

I was out cold for about 30-40ish hours when I got home and slept thru the worst of it. I don't think I even touched any of the pain meds.