Entertainment Center Cooling Mod - Silence Upgrade

I don't post on this forum often but: Can we get more home style videos with your son? He is adorable, well mannered and very smart! I haven't laughed this much in a video in a long while! He's probably way too young to have him in frequent videos but maybe once a month? That would be adorably awesome.

Cutest Linus video ever.  His son is so well mannered.

Yea he made the video so much better just having a chubby faced child helping. I don't say the word cute EVER but that was pretty cute

I love lian li to death but that case is a nightmare... power supply over the top of the cpu is a definite NO NO. There's plenty of room in that cabinet to get a larger lian li case that can support a 120mm water cooler for the cpu, not to mention putting a non blower style card in there like you said is just asking for trouble. It would be even better if you could get a larger lian case such that you could 120mm water cool both the cpu and gpu (kraken g10)  (see my media center in the link below) and temp issues would be non existent. Neither my cpu or gpu exceed 45C during long gaming sessions.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Linus' kid will have an amazing childhood.

"Dad! The server room's on fire!"

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

i would have water cooled it  or used a case that would fit somewhere that wouldnt be in a closed area.

I couldn’t avoid noticing you forgot to plug-in the Oops

Hi,

Question, what method are you using to turn on your entertainment center? Is the computer in sleep mode and you're turning it on remotely with a wireless keyboard?

I too am wondering what little keyboard that Linus was using to control his computer?

This video reminded me of the best times I spent with my son but it also reminds me that I really need to have him do his own build and help me repair pcs.  Any skill he can pick up in life will help him get work maybe someday.

Sweet kid btw Linus. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

This video is so heart warming.. His son is so sweet!  Love it! 

CPU: intel Core i5 4670 @3.4Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte WindForce 4GB GTX 760 | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz CL9 DDR3 16GB | MotherBoard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Phoebus | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair AX760i 80+ Platinum | CPU cooler: Corsair H100i | Case: CM Storm Stryker |Display: Samsung 22" LED Monitor S22B350T | Audio: Logitech Z623 2.1 Speakers | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom Commander / Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Gamepad: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows Webcam: Logitech C920 | 

Everyone is talking about Linus's son which was really well mannered and the cuteness was pretty well over 9000. 

I want to mention the unsung hero that was pushed to the side and tried in vain to partake in the fun, the furry child that felt neglected! 

Yeah I'm talking about the cat. It looked so, so disappointed and feeling insulted  :P

In all seriousness the lack of seriousness and relaxed atmosphere in this video was really a nice change of pace. Plus a clear case of father son bonding!

LinusKidTips

For real though, this video was way too cute for me to handle

I did something similar with my entertainment center! We got a nice little unit with glass doors across the front, but those things always get so hot inside! So I took my Dremel with the circle cutter bit in it and made a couple holes. Installed a pair of Corsair AF-120 Quiet series fans exhausting the hot air out.

The whole thing manages to stay about equal with the air temp in my house since the fans move so much air even with everything I have in there:
- Stereo Receiver

- Motorola SB6121

- Ubiquity EdgeRouterLite

- Ubiquity UniFi AP

- Netgear GS108

- Philips Hue Hub

- BlueRay player

- SNES

I am going to be switching the fans from exhaust to intakes and putting some dust filters on them though since it does get pretty dirty in there as it is set up!

post-182721-0-31055400-1428622596_thumb.

post-182721-0-04355300-1428622597_thumb.

Does anyone know what little keyboard thing linus was using to control his computer? That thing looked awesome.

Hi,

Question, what method are you using to turn on your entertainment center? Is the computer in sleep mode and you're turning it on remotely with a wireless keyboard?

I too am wondering what little keyboard that Linus was using to control his computer?

after much searching, i found it!

http://www.amazon.com/Cideko-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-AVK02/dp/B0058FAYP8

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Who was filming this video and does anybody know why I can't see my computer specs below a post I make?

@VenkiPhy6 Here is the link for the first video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxAUNqeMMOc 

his wife was filming

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Thanks for finding it, but my question was how is he turning it on with it haha, I'm sure the other members enjoyed your link though.

Does he keep his computer in sleep mode all the time? and then wake it up through keyboard activity? or does he have a power on function through IR device?

Terve!
Children might be "cute" and "nice" and what not, but I worry about him being not too happy if he always gets recognized in schools or something.

It might not be a big issue, because only the "PC master racers" are watching his channel, but I recommend caution for showing off little kids.

Anyways: Best luck with the system, have many enjoyable hours with it.

Sayonara!

Actually I just watched the video again and it never showed him turning it on with his wireless keyboard, although it also doesn't show him pressing the power button either. I'm still curious though how with an htpc setup how does he or any of you turn on the computer?

Wow! Linus' son seems really smart, just the type of language he is using seems to be a pretty high standard for a kid his age.