Entertainment Center Cooling Mod - Silence Upgrade

Inb4 "FIRST"

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

i got 2nd D:

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Did you guys record all these videos before Linus left?? I mean, holy moly you did a lot of filming then. He's still on vacation correct?

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Cutest Linus video ever.  His son is so well mannered.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Did you guys record all these videos before Linus left?? I mean, holy moly you did a lot of filming then. He's still on vacation correct?

Lol we recorded a ton of stuff before he left, and we have been working on a ton of stuff while he has been gone. Technically his vacation is over now as he is in Japan with the team checking out the Omron factory.

and they say kids are horrible noisy creature

when they grow up, they're going to be one of your best buddy if you raise them right

I agree with Linus Jr... traditional brown Noctuas do look nice :)

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Linus' kid is clearly smarter that 90% of this forum.

Brown Noctua's are nice.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Linus has a 980 in a MEDIA CENTER PC?!?!?! #pcmasterrace xD

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

what a cute kid! your a great dad i can see how someone dealing with an installation like that can get a bit mad at their kid for just being in the way but you've executed great parenting and fan installation lessons to your little guy! lucky kid! keep up the awesome work linus. :: THUMBSUP ::  B)

P.S - i want more rugged manly videos!!!!!! HILARIOUS!

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1y77bdS

Amazon: http://geni.us/mKj

After Linus' last media center upgrade, his temperatures were much lower, but it was far to loud. Today he is looking to remedy that issue...

Reminds me when I was young helping my dad fixing things. Also at 6:00, LinusScrewDriverTips because that's how a real man use a screwdriver hahaha :D

Idea: get a pump/water block combo for the CPU, get a water block for the GPU, route the hoses out through the case and out the back of the "entertainment center" so it is in that area between the entertainment center and the wall, hang a 240mm or 280mm rad/res combo unit back there with 2x120mm or 2x140mm fans. Put quick disconnects on the hoses so you could pull them back through the holes without draining the system.  With a system like that you should be able to cool the whole thing with a single 240 or 280mm rad.  Could leave one of the fans in the entertainment center just vent any heat from the PSU or mobo or whatever else, but this way you would lose at least one fan.

Thoughts?

Where is the first media center upgrade video??? Can @nicklmg or someone else link to it?

BTW, this was by far the cutest LTT video ever!   :)

Loved that "DANG IT! Here is your screwdriver!" moment.  ;)

My build log(in progress): http://bit.ly/1CMaebR

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Who was filming this video and does anybody know why I can't see my computer specs below a post I make?

@VenkiPhy6 Here is the link for the first video - 

Does anyone know what little keyboard thing linus was using to control his computer? That thing looked awesome.

CONSOLE

HE USES A CONSOLE

Just because he has a console doens't mean he uses one :P

They're too loud for him lol

lol linus is actually a really good dad! man does this guy ever do anything wrong? :P

this one is by far one of the best videos i've seen from LMG, i already said that i liked the old, unscripted style more, but this one takes the cake, that kid is awesome, great parenting from you and mom ofc, can't forget about the mom!

this kid single-handedly restores a bit of hope in humanity, for those of us that are slowly losing it

also, i know @LinusTech don't answer personal questions, but would you want/like your son to follow your steps, maybe a co-host in future, so you can finally fire Luke for good (j/k)

BTW

Does anyone know what little keyboard thing linus was using to control his computer? That thing looked awesome.

i wanna know too!

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.