so I got a few Pentium systems laying around..

I have a few old gateway and HP systems that I got from my uncle (I'm getting like 6 more too xD) and I have no idea what to do with them project wise. Their power supplies are worth about $40 bucks each but I feel like these computers can still be used for something.

wat do

junker build in the making

I have a few old gateway and HP systems that I got from my uncle (I'm getting like 6 more too xD) and I have no idea what to do with them project wise. Their power supplies are worth about $40 bucks each but I feel like these computers can still be used for something.

wat do

media center pcs?

storage server 

garage pc, when u work in thier

etc

Donate to charity... There are community groups and such that could really use this kind of stuff.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

experiment with linux. (oh, and they most likely come with a windows key stuck to the back)

Garage PC is a sound idea. Just built my workbench and a PC would be a logcal addition to my setup. Thanks

I ended up running into something similar but with laptops lol. I ended up creating a frakencomputer. I ended up doing like a pi cluster thingy. I hooked up all the laptops together  and assigned eachone to a specific task. Like one i turned into a battery another ran the displays and one i turned into basiclly a giant cpu lol. It died quickly (caught fire.....) but it was actually very very cool.

Consume The Darkness

Yikes, that's pretty cool though. How long did you use them before they caught fire? What was the performance like?

I'll feel like a scumbag if I go to a charitable organization and handle ancient artifacts that barely run.. Maybe I could switch the proccessors out for core 2 duos? Dunno how they perform but they're pretty cheap

I ended up trying to do some bitcoin and ziftrcoin mining on them. I got a little out of them but not very much. And they ran about 10hrs a day (not straight) for like 2 months. Defiantly not something you want to do if you want thee computers to last but it would be kind of a cool side project. 

Just one thing, chances are  once you link the computers together it really wont boot into an os. I flashed the bios to a pi cluster mining software thing i forget what it was called.

Consume The Darkness

I'll feel like a scumbag if I go to a charitable organization and handle ancient artifacts that barely run.. Maybe I could switch the proccessors out for core 2 duos? Dunno how they perform but they're pretty cheap

I think a lot of the places just end up collecting scrap money from them or recycle them if they do meet some kind of standard. I know Goodwill does do this (a friend worked their for a while) but im not positive on this....

Consume The Darkness

Some places would be quite happy as long as they can do basic tasks (net / docs). Without knowing what hardware they have I couldn't say more.

If you can't think of anything else for them then it would be cool just to ask if anywhere needs them.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Use one as a nas and plug in the hard drives from the others in it. Maybe keep another one just for emergencies. Salvage and sell the components in the others. Or just give them away if you know anyone who needs a basic computer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Linux PC?

Use as a storage server?

Use as a router?

Use as a bitcion miner?

Would it be possible to connect the pcs to act as 1 machine?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Would it be possible to connect the pcs to act as 1 machine?

It should be fully possible to install a Linux based cluster OS on them, yes. Could be cool to set up as a Folding@Home Beowulf cluster :D

eat them so you can be smarter. Absorb there power. or build a server out of them. that or make a steam streaming machine. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch