why do you like your team?

I have no affiliation to either side. i choose what suits me best at the time.

my first computer was a 1090T, with a radeon HD 5000 series and a galax GTX260 simply because i wanted multiple monitors, and i wanted it on the cheaps.

i wasn't concerned about anything else, so i went with team red at the start. 3 mother boards, 1 CPU, 10 sticks of RAM, and 5 GPUs later i have a fx9590 with two GTX980s in SLI.

why? because i choose to go physX, and have always grown up with AM3 sockets.

so why do you choose team red? why team green? team blue? (intel)

what sub partners do you like alot? (EVGA, ASUS/ROG, MSI, etc.)

please do not quote someone just to attack them or criticize their build choices.

this thread is not meant to start a team war. DO NOT say "Team X is better!"

i give negative shits about which is better or worse. i'm simply curious as to why you chose what you did, and why you personally like team X. NOT why you don't like team Y OR teamX over teamY

a simple "i like team X because reason" will suffice

examples:

" i like team red because i have a boner for lots of CPU cores"

" I like team green because I play games that use PhysX alot!"

" I like team blue because they make my SSD"

" I like ASUS's ROG line because it's got that edgy black and red thing going! 3edgy5you!"

" I like Gigabyte's Military colors on some of their products!"

" my girlfriend has the corsair tramp stamp right above her booty crack, because she likes the D. the 900D that is!"

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I like the product suited for my needs.

Don't care if it is associated with whatever color of the rainbow.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

"my girlfriend has the corsair tramp stamp right above her booty crack, because she likes the D. the 900D that is!"

Holy. Shit.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

I like team blue for CPU because they offer much better price to performance in my country, red team for GPU for the same reason.

It really depends on what suits my needs at the time. However, I do concede that team red is starting to fall behind team blue and team green.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

I don't prefer Intel, AMD or Nvidia on principle, but as of right now AMD aren't focusing on my priorities in their product lines. I favour Nvidia this generation because for 4K, besides Titan X, you're looking at multi-GPU and I don't want to go back to another very high TDP solution for this; but this is a lesson I learnt from Nvidia with the GTX 580. It's not like it affects one and not the other.

And for the CPU market, Intel right now are ahead of AMD. AMD have older products that have been kept modern by more aggressive clock speeds and have many cores, which isn't where I think the emphasis should be.

Maybe Zen will make AMD relevant again. Maybe when I eventually upgrade AMD might have competitive performance. The 300 series might be a departure from my issues with the 200 series, but the rumours are implying not: many rebadges and a reference water-cooler...

What the hell...

Anyways, I'm not really apart of any "team". To me the only thing that matters is performance. I'll go with whichever is the "best". :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Team blue Because they have stronger cores rather than fake more core's at almost the same price and huge variety of motherboards to choose from.

Team Green because of stable driver's,less power consumption,less heat and nice performance in linux with driver's.

Corsair and be quite because they have quality. 

Al tough i wont mind going "AMD" if zen live's upto the hype.

team blue for cpu just because theirs is better for heat output and power and sustained value

amd for budget graphics cards because they are way better than nvidea's lineup and i like team green cards for top of the line kick-ash cards

i love evga's cards

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

I use whatever fits my needs, regardless of the team

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Team Integrated FTW!!

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

sorry, but "Team" affiliation threads get into a flamewar and bad resentment

amongst the community. as noted in many of the other subforums.

so we choose to lock them before someone says something they'd regret later.