Need help deciding between Razer Chroma and Das Ultimate 4

Mentaltoast

Hey guys.

I'm having a hard time trying to lock in my decision on what keyboard to upgrade to.

I'm currently using a Corsair k70 with mx browns. Which I initially bought since I was living in a small space with other people so I wanted to reduce a little on noise while typing. Now that I'm not in such a cramped enviroment, I want my keyboard to sing again!

I've been really stuck for the past few days between these keyboards and would love some input from anyone who has owned one or the other and their thoughts on them.

Razer Black Widow Chroma owners : How are the 'razer green' switches. They say they've been optimized for gaming, but are they still satisifying for typing? How to they pair up to cherry mx blues when it comes to typing?

lol Razer greens are BAD

Go for das ultimate

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Hey guys.

I'm having a hard time trying to lock in my decision on what keyboard to upgrade to.

I'm currently using a Corsair k70 with mx browns. Which I initially bought since I was living in a small space with other people so I wanted to reduce a little on noise while typing. Now that I'm not in such a cramped enviroment, I want my keyboard to sing again!

I've been really stuck for the past few days between these keyboards and would love some input from anyone who has owned one or the other and their thoughts on them.

Razer Black Widow Chroma owners : How are the 'razer green' switches. They say they've been optimized for gaming, but are they still satisifying for typing? How to they pair up to cherry mx blues when it comes to typing?

The Razer Greens are basically Cherry knockoffs. They're made by Kailh and for the price of the Blackwidow you should be getting quality switches.

Das hands-down beyond a shadow of a doubt.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I tried Razer switches at a friends and really didn't like them, go for the MX Blues on the Das.

My Build

- i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI z87m Mobo - 16Gb 1866MHz RAM - MSI R9 290 - Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb - 2 x 1Tb WD Blue - CX600m - H55 AIO cooler - Fractal Node 804 - Lg 25um64-s Ultrawide screen monitor -  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/colec18/saved/9FKXsY

Razer Switches are basically blues painted green. :P

And they feel more "plasticky." About the best way I can describe them. They also feel marginally heavier - between Greens and Blues on Cherry's side.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

They're fine for typing on. Now, I can't tell you the longevity because I'm not gonna sit here and press on the keys a million times, but they're fine to type on. They feel like MX Blues, but they don't sound like MX Blues (like that's something to make you decide /s). Like if you were to sit an MX Blue and a Razer Green (Kailh) switch equipped keyboard next to eachother and type on them, you'd notice a distinct difference in sound between the two. However, they'll both feel the same, more or less.

Also, in my experience, the Razer Switches feel heavier than MX Blues (even Jay has confirmed this in his review of the Chroma), regardless of what they advertise.

lol Razer greens are BAD

Go for das ultimate

No they're not - least not in my experience.

They're fine for typing on. Now, I can't tell you the longevity because I'm not gonna sit here and press on the keys a million times, but they're fine to type on. They feel like MX Blues, but they don't sound like MX Blues (like that's something to make you decide /s). Like if you were to sit an MX Blue and a Razer Green (Kailh) switch equipped keyboard next to eachother and type on them, you'd notice a distinct difference in sound between the two. However, they'll both feel the same, more or less.

Also, in my experience, the Razer Switches feel heavier than MX Blues (even Jay has confirmed this in his review of the Chroma), regardless of what they advertise.

No they're not - least not in my experience.

I can back you up on most of what you said, coming from someone typing O a Poseidon Z using Kailh Blue switches. They're not that bad, I wouldn't pay a premium for them but they are absolutely nothing to scoff at.

[witty signature]