Friends help me in buying Laptop

Anshul Gumber

Hi , I want to buy a laptop for my use

My Use

Use i for 3d modeling and rendering 

use it for video editing

play high end games at 1080p ( not very crazy about fps) no lags

record the smooth gameplay .

use maya, unity 3d , unreal engine , cryengine, photoshop, android studio and sdk.

My budget is $1200 or have to wait for a month to extend it to $1600.

But if my work can be done under $1200 so that would be GR8.

My laptop usage 1 Year

ouch. you're going to have a hard time finding a laptop that excells in all those fields.

can't build a desktop?

see if you can find something with a 9xxM GPU with an i7, and at least 8GB of RAM.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Makes me wonder if MSI GS70 Stealth is a good choice for those needs. Getting a desktop is better imo with those needs.

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

ouch. you're going to have a hard time finding a laptop that excells in all those fields.

can't build a desktop?

see if you can find something with a 9xxM GPU with an i7, and at least 8GB of RAM.

Ausu rog laptop with 16 gb of memory and 960m 3gb running i7 2.5 turbo to 3.5 ghz FHD IPS screen at 1199 is that be ok

that's do pretty good.

the IPS panel will look great too.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Makes me wonder if MSI GS70 Stealth is a good choice for those needs. Getting a desktop is better imo with those needs.

Ausu rog laptop with 16 gb of memory and 960m 3gb running i7 2.5 turbo to 3.5 ghz FHD IPS screen at 1199 is that be ok

None of these are worth it because he wants to do 3D modelling and rendering.

My budget is $1200 or have to wait for a month to extend it to $1600.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9752-clevo-p750zm-p-7850.html?wconfigure=yes

Wait one month and get this machine. It's basically your only choice for a good laptop, unless you want to buy a P170SM-A machine and do some intel XTU tweaking to make sure it doesn't throttle and performs correctly.

I wish I could offer you something that is cheaper without requiring you to put in a lot of elbow grease to make it work properly, but I can't. All the HQ laptops will throttle under your workload terribly. I'm really sorry that the whole market has moved away from enthusiast (or anything beyond midrange performance) for laptops, because it limits my options.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday