why linus dosent do review?

origx36

I did this for a while when the forum first launched and no one was really looking at them.

That was probably because the first forum was a disaster. I'm sure it would be more successful, now that we have a forum that is usable.

I always read them. Maybe its worth a try again. You should mention you have a write up at the end of the video if you do and link it in the description if you didn't. Most people probably didn't know it existed.

The forum has grown a bit since then. You would probably drive a lot of people to them if you did a "Q&A" session for the first few questions about the product. It would also be a nice place to ask you about bits you might have missed out in the unboxing.

I always read them too, it really added a lot to the videos, and made it feel like there was a better chance of actually interacting with Linus. There are a lot of people on the forums, but nowhere near as many as on youtube, so the odds of him seeing a comment there is kind of low unless a comment gets voted up or he's bored and looking at them all. :)

I approve

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

While I don't think they need to do thorough reviews of most things they unbox, I think it'd be cool to see more 30-day or even 15-day challenges where the team swaps out something they use daily and share their experiences. It'd be nice to see this for things like keyboards, mice, and other things where an unboxing doesn't quite convey how a product will be past the first week of use.

For things like cases, I think Linus does a good job in doing an overview of the things most people base their purchase on (build quality, mounting options, materials, etc). I also think that reviews for CPUs and GPUs come out in the gaming benchmarks the group publishes.

I personally like the info we get from linus. I discovered ltt when I was thinking about buying the Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro. And I liked the product and bought it. Since then I'm hooked on the format. I don't want linus to change the very thing that made him "famous" there are other people that do unboxings. In different ways. And there are a lot of people that do reviews. Ltt has the following of all of us for being very clear and unbiased.