How to set a data limit for a website

flibberdipper

So my sister is pushing me to my breaking point with her hogging up bandwidth with several sites like YouTube, Monster High, and so on. I need to set a data limit on some of these sites that activates at 12PM Friday and ends at 3PM Sunday. I was thinking something like 100-150MB for YouTube, and maybe 75 for each of the game websites. Any idea of a way to do this?

And if I can password protect the settings of the program, that would be great.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I purchased a smart router for this exact reason, my sister was hogging the bandwidth

Now I can allocate most of the bandwidth to my computer and Ipad and dont have no lag :D

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

So my sister is pushing me to my breaking point with her hogging up bandwidth with several sites like YouTube, Monster High, and so on. I need to set a data limit on some of these sites that activates at 12PM Friday and ends at 3PM Sunday. I was thinking something like 100-150MB for YouTube, and maybe 75 for each of the game websites. Any idea of a way to do this?

And if I can password protect the settings of the program, that would be great.

So, you wanna trade your sister hogging the bandwidth to you hogging the bandwidth, correct?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I purchased a smart router for this exact reason, my sister was hogging the bandwidth

Now I can allocate most of the bandwidth to my computer and Ipad and dont have no lag :D

or wait till everyone goes to sleep. right now i am downloading music and movies from itunes streaming pandora and in a skype call during the day I would have no chance at that

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

or wait till everyone goes to sleep. right now i am downloading music and movies from itunes streaming pandora and in a skype call during the day I would have no chance at that

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

What makes you have any more right to that bandwidth than her? I don't see how that's fair. :huh:

That's what I did till I moved up. I had to stay up late to atleast play Dota or something.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

What makes you have any more right to that bandwidth than her? I don't see how that's fair. :huh:

What she doesn't know can't hurt her xD

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

She's 7 and doesn't care

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

use QOS in the router options it's what I do :D 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Double post.... sorry internet problems 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

She's 7 and doesn't care

I thought we were talking at least 15 or so, yeah young kids tend to go a bit crazy on the net. LOL

this will do

hbddx3y.png

the good things about TP-Link, almost all line up have something like this

it was only available in their high end router, but now it's more common to see this feature even in their low end router.

So, you wanna trade your sister hogging the bandwidth to you hogging the bandwidth, correct?

No. Problem with my grandma's router is that it allocates bandwidth according to who got there first. So if she's watching YouTube, she may have to buffer a lot more than normal due to, say, my mom on Facebook. But once she has some downtime, then the router re-allocates most of the bandwidth back to my sister.

use QOS in the router options it's what I do :D

I don't even know if this pile of crap router has that ability...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

No. Problem with my grandma's router is that it allocates bandwidth according to who got there first. So if she's watching YouTube, she may have to buffer a lot more than normal due to, say, my mom on Facebook. But once she has some downtime, then the router re-allocates most of the bandwidth back to my sister.

Alright, appolgies, I wasn't aware of that mate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright, appolgies, I wasn't aware of that mate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eh, whatchagondo? But I did find a program, and now on the weekends she is extremely handicapped.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Eh, whatchagondo? But I did find a program, and now on the weekends she is extremely handicapped.

You better hope she don't complain mate. :D

You better hope she don't complain mate. :D

She complains and the weefee goes off. Which means I will be the only one capable of going on the web.

Or I'll just sneak up when she's using the bathroom and remove the network.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

She complains and the weefee goes off. Which means I will be the only one capable of going on the web.

Or I'll just sneak up when she's using the bathroom and remove the network.

I say this respectfully, I don't think I'd like to have you as a brother. No offence. So mean. :o

I say this respectfully, I don't think I'd like to have you as a brother. No offence. So mean. :o

:P Normally I don't care, but when Google refuses to load and you have close to 50% packet loss in TeamSpeak...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

:P Normally I don't care, but when Google refuses to load and you have close to 50% packet loss in TeamSpeak...

Hmm.....well what can ya do? Haha