One post Wonders are real!

So for the massive platform launch there was

post-159973-0-68182100-1428120112_thumb.
this many people online 24/7

today:

post-159973-0-20591300-1428120022_thumb.
 This many people online

For the vessel giveaway 99% of them where 

This proves that the One post wonders are real and one of them won the giveaway :(

Linus we need a forum member only giveaway We need it bad!! we are the real fans!!

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Linus we need a forum member only giveaway We need it bad!! we are the real fans!!

Hmm, the ignorance is real here.

You're only making your case worse. Just because you aren't subbed to the forums and frequent them doesn't mean you aren't a fan. Linus would be alienating a huge chunk of his audience if he did a post count limited giveaway, and that's not really fair.

Also, just putting something out there, all of the giveaways were forum members only.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm sort of over the complaining about one post wonders.

It just seems needy...

And guess what? All those people signed up for Vessel. Exactly what LMG wants.

Why would they limit that?

System: Thinkpad T460

IMO the givaway should have been for people who have 500+ posts, those are the real people that want it

That want what, the stuff? I'm pretty sure everyone wanted it, given that's why we have so many "one-post wonders".

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That want what, the stuff? I'm pretty sure everyone wanted it, given that's why we have so many "one-post wonders".

What I meant is those are the people that really care for it and are the biggest fans

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

What I meant is those are the people that really care for it and are the biggest fans

Like I said, the biggest fans aren't necessarily active forum members. Trying to make this argument doesn't make sense.

LMG aren't doing the giveaways to appease the higher post count members, they're doing it to attract new members and attention. It's an economic/publicity decision more than a communal decision.

Like I said, the biggest fans aren't necessarily active forum members. Trying to make this argument doesn't make sense.

LMG aren't doing the giveaways to appease the higher post count members, they're doing it to attract new members and attention. It's an economic/publicity decision more than a communal decision.

I guess you are correct, the giveaways could attract new members

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I' going have to disagree with you buddy. Cause, I didn't know Linus had a forum till the fact him promoting it in his videos annoyed me to go check it out. 10/10 would do again. Though, he would be a douche if he did that. I could see small forum gives aways. Though he got to know not all of his fans are on the forum. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

hey guys there are 1.25 million people that watch linus nearly dailty but dont go to the forums..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Oh i see my name :D

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Not this again.

Get over it, they are members of the community as well and fans of LMG. They count.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

IMO the givaway should have been for people who have 500+ posts, those are the real people that want it

Well done :) that's the very first time i have seen someone make a suggestion for a cutoff point that actually excluded themselves lol usually people like to draw a line in the sand immediately behind them so anyone after them is cut off. I agree though, giveaways should definitely always have a minimum post count (50ish imo). Prizes should go to genuine members of the community. 

I am split on this topic. I have been watching Linus since his early days at NCIX. I have helped grow his channel by sharing his videos with all of my friends/family that needed to or wanted to know more about computers. While I am a member of hobby grade rc forums and aquarium forums with several thousand posts on each, I only recently joined the LTT forums and do not have current input on many threads outside of "Off Topic". So, I feel like I should be able to enter some of the giveaways. 

However, I agree that there should definitely be a forum only giveaway. But it has to be specific enough to keep people from registering and spamming dumb questions to get a post count. It needs to be set like 500 or more posts before a certain date (probably the day the giveaway is announced). This truly is the best tech forum that I know of, and most of the members here have good input on topics. In my two or three times that I asked for help, everyone who responded knew what they were talking about or refereed me to someone who did. Those are the members who should count in a forum only giveaway. 

Linus already stated the post count didn't matter to him. Mostly because some people simply don't post often.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Oh i see my name :D

Damn so, you were checking the list to see your name? Hahaa :D

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I don't get it. People can be channel fans and YouTube fans. Not everyone cares about a silly forum nor should they have to.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers