NSA attack: one dead, two injured.

Lord Sparklebottom

So they Data mine the entire fracking internet, violating the freedom and rights of people all over the world. And yet they didn't see that coming. Of the irony! Now can we please stop with the defective notion, that communist/stasi like surveillance, actually works, and protects the people? I don't even feel sad for the people who died.

It most likely was the persons inside the building that was the targets, but police officers that were there to protect them gets injured and killed. As much as you can hate the NSA, these people were there to safe their lives.

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

I grew up in dearborn, now live 45 minutes away. it feels like the sticks lol. 

no street cameras here. Detroit is really wierd about it, right in the suburbs its sketchy as hell, no lights, yet in downtown its really nice and you always have 4+ security cameras watching you. 

how much do you want to bet if they turn out to be Muslim this will be considered a act of terrorism? 

xD. well downtown Detriot is really nice, im in farmington...

The clock strikes Thirteen on the dot.

Another whistle-blower finds a little glowing spot.

In between the eyes in the middle of his forehead.

For revealing lies his prize is that he falls dead.

- Dan Bull

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

As someone who worked on the post in MD for a few years, I will state this HAD to of been a last resort, Its one of the most secure facilities in the world for a reason, For all Sec could have know it was a suicide car bomber. These people want to go home to their families, people tried to run a road block. I would have shot as well. im betting this is going to be something that only law enforcement or current or former military will truely understand. 

xD. well downtown Detriot is really nice, im in farmington...

whoah no way! my mom actually lives on the very border of farmington and southfield. 

sooooo back to the borderline sketchy. do you know how incredibly weird it would be if we ran into each other in person. Its wierd to talk to someone local, then right back to someone across the world. 

edit: hope people relize, if you hate what a agency is doing about overreaching security, the last thing you want to do is give them a excuse. now a NSA official can go up, and ask who ever it may be, because now they dont even have enough funding to defend there own buildings. I honestly would not be surprised if NSA funding increased because of this. 

Its a shame. hopefully its not over policies. I dont care if it was the man who did the actual programming of things that stole my data got shot, its not fair. hes just doing his job. no one that is doing a legitment job on US soil should ever be shot for doing it. Stuff like this sucks.

and its a shame to, because then they have a excuse for even more security, and more spying

Just to be clear the government can not collect intelligence on it's own citizens. I know no one will believe me on this, but me actually having a background in this I can say get facts.

http://fas.org/irp/doddir/usaf/afi14-104.pdf Section 8.2.2.2

Also check out http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/524001r.pdf Section C1.2

Just to be clear the government can not collect intelligence on it's own citizens. I know no one will believe me on this, but me actually having a background in this I can say get facts.

http://fas.org/irp/doddir/usaf/afi14-104.pdf Section 8.2.2.2

Also check out http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/524001r.pdf Section C1.2

I recommend watching the snowden documentary, citizen 4. frontline also has 2 very good documentaries about it. 

that being said, if they where not, then why would Microsoft and Google get mad about their data getting intercepted? Many articles about both. Itd be hard to believe companies would make false accusations about a government. 

(looking for a meaningful debate, something thats hard to do on this forum, but we can always try) 

Duuuuede, this sucks.

Tbh honest though, it may sound screwed up but it was unfortunately gonna happen at some point, be it digital or cyber. With what the NSA has been doing recently, all it took was on extremist to go do this.

It sucks though because no one deserved to get hurt or killed and this shouldn't have happened and just gives them more reason to spy and infiltrate peoples privacy.

The only way to fix the NSA is through politics now :/

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

I recommend watching the snowden documentary, citizen 4. frontline also has 2 very good documentaries about it. 

that being said, if they where not, then why would Microsoft and Google get mad about their data getting intercepted? Many articles about both. Itd be hard to believe companies would make false accusations about a government. 

(looking for a meaningful debate, something thats hard to do on this forum, but we can always try) 

I'd love to get into a debate about this, but if you look at my profile picture you will see why I am unable to continue. If it wasn't over the internet I could possibly, but there is just too much I can say.

HAH.

They deserve it. Them and congress deserve to get kicked out on their asses.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It most likely was the persons inside the building that was the targets, but police officers that were there to protect them gets injured and killed. As much as you can hate the NSA, these people were there to safe their lives.

I know. But the same could be said about the police, protecting the stasi. I understand they were just doing their job, but they played a part, none the less.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

This attack basically is gonna be used as an anti-terrorism justification for their existence. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

right? well, it climbs a huge ladder. the people at the very top are to blame, anyone below them is just doing there job. 

if I had a family, I wouldnt risk them being on the streets because I went against NSA policy and got fired. 

and oh hey metro Detroit! 

Doing your job is no excuse as they very well know what they're doing.

There is no excuse for breaking constitutional and international laws as well as agreements with allies.

And if you start a cyber war with the entire world and your own citizens then you have to expect being attacked.

RTX2070OC 

Doing your job is no excuse as they very well know what they're doing.

There is no excuse for breaking constitutional and international laws as well as agreements with allies.

And if you start a cyber war with the entire world and your own citizens then you have to expect being attacked.

so if you where some programmer that was the primary income of your household, what would you do? quit? try to sabotage the NSA then go to jail for treason? 

Plenty of people have zero control over the policies. They just have to do it if they want their job. 

so if you where some programmer that was the primary income of your household, what would you do? quit? try to sabotage the NSA then go to jail for treason? 

Plenty of people have zero control over the policies. They just have to do it if they want their job. 

I would quit and take a new job as an experienced programmer you would have a new high paid job in like a week.

And there are official legal ways to whistle blow that anyone there could take without them having to face any consequences.

RTX2070OC 

And there are official legal ways for whistle blowing that anyone there could take.

Look at anyone thats tried to wistleblow on the US government lately. Yeah it may be legal, but never worked out. 

No guarantee of a job, yeah it may be possible, but it depends entirely on what specifically you do

In all reality its likely that the guy was screaming out some degree of leaked information that he wanted everyone to know by doing the most extreme way possible, but the NSA did what it does and made sure we never found out about that part.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Look at anyone thats tried to wistleblow on the US government lately. Yeah it may be legal, but never worked out. 

No guarantee of a job, yeah it may be possible, but it depends entirely on what specifically you do

It works out totally fine as the information goes through the government directly and gets brought before court if needed.

The only reason why people like Snowden are in legal problems is because they told the public about it instead of going the official ways.

And being an experienced programmer that is good enough to work at NSA is a guaranteed job.

RTX2070OC 

Yeah, I get it - everybody (rightfully) hates the NSA. But I can't help but read some of the posts here and be amused. They kinda remind me how pre-teen kids will hate on something (like Justin Bieber) to the extreme, unaware of the fact that in the real world, nobody is impressed by how aggressively you hate something. 

I mean c'mon, considering the assailants didn't even make it through the gate, they probably shot at security guards and low-level peons who have no control on the policies we hate so much. 

I don't remember there being gates (I live ~30 minutes away and drive through Fort Meade occasionally on the way to D.C., Bowie etc.), just a private off-ramp. I could be wrong, I have a (much older than me) friend who works for them (LOL, IDK what he does there) so I'll ask him next time I see him.

HAH.

They deserve it. Them and congress deserve to get kicked out on their asses.

Wait, did you just say someone deserved to die for doing his (albeit shady and debatably outrageous) job?

I'm scared NSA is reading this 0-0

1) Where is there evidence that the NSA is spying on all online activity? Oh, yeah, nowhere.

2) If they were (impossible, not enough space for servers), think of the time it would take to read all the information posted on the internet just today. It'd probably be 2100 by the time they finished.

3) on the phone part, they only store the number the call was placed to, the number that placed the call and the length of the call. They can't possibly record all the calls placed just today, much less listen to them all. That would be petabytes of data and take years.

They are watching you now.

Don't look out now but there are a couple of Black Tahoe outside your house. 

Looks like a red dot is shining on your window too. 

RIP

If you knew ANYTHING about the NSA and government stereotypes, you'd know they drive black current-model-year Suburbans in a single file tailgate formation. Silly. :P :P :P

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I don't remember there being gates (I live ~30 minutes away and drive through Fort Meade occasionally on the way to D.C., Bowie etc.), just a private off-ramp. I could be wrong, I have a (much older than me) friend who works for them (LOL, IDK what he does there) so I'll ask him next time I see him.

Wait, did you just say someone deserved to die for doing his (albeit shady and debatably outrageous) job?

1) Where is there evidence that the NSA is spying on all online activity? Oh, yeah, nowhere.

2) If they were (impossible, not enough space for servers), think of the time it would take to read all the information posted on the internet just today. It'd probably be 2100 by the time they finished.

3) on the phone part, they only store the number the call was placed to, the number that placed the call and the length of the call. They can't possibly record all the calls placed just today, much less listen to them all. That would be petabytes of data and take years.

If you knew ANYTHING about the NSA and government stereotypes, you'd know they drive black current-model-year Suburbans in a single file tailgate formation. Silly. :P :P :P

IDK anything to scare him. Next time I'll use big black chevys. 

-snip-

NSA FANBOI!!! :P

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

HEY! America, greatest country, where you are free to be spied on and shoot whomever you wish.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Am I terrible person for not feeling any remorse or sympathy for the NSA being attacked? They and the people that agree to work with them deserve worse.