Finally ordered a new printer, and what printers do you have and what do you think of them?

asim1999

I have finally ordered a HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 to replace my (7 year old, and now Dead) Lexmark 7100 Series AIO inkjet. What do you guys think of the HP cos i got it on offer for £80 brand new. 

Also, what printers do you have at home and what do you think of them?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I have finally ordered a HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 to replace my (7 year old, and now Dead) Lexmark 7100 Series AIO inkjet. What do you guys think of the HP cos i got it on offer for £80 brand new. 

Also, what printers do you have at home and what do you think of them?

We have got Sharp printers at work. The HP printers are a nightmare to configure but once it's done I never have problem with them... Untill that time the wi-fi goes... Ehh..

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

hp printers= expensive ink..not worth it

canon all the way for me...or those cheap kodak printers with the very cheap ink

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Brother MFC 9140CDN as my personal printer. $350 for a refill of toner, when the printer only costs $400.

hp laserjet pro. yes the ink can be more costly over the longterm, but the color cartridges tend to last twice as long as they are rated for before fading, the print quality is damn good compared to every other color laser I've tested or used, and having the intuitive touch screen saves enough time that in terms of business expense, the saved time more than pays for the slightly higher ink cost. I can also print wirelessly from my phone without any issue, although I'm sure that's a feature many printers have, but worth noting.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

HP printers are probably the closest  thing we have to pure evil on this world.

i have an epson in my store for office work it works well likes to take it sweet time sometimes to start printing but when it does it is ridiculously fast.

also have a brother laser printer at the register to print transfer orders likes to male me think the toner is empty then it is not but i know the reset code so screw you.

and i have a HP at home and it is evil.

Ink cost more then blood, and runs out crazy fast. Other then that they're a pretty necessary thing to have access to for me :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I have a Canon MG5350, its pretty awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I only buy printers for which cheap china cartridges are available. 10USD / Set FTW!

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

soon all hp printers from small to big ones will leave.

Canon all the way

I've seen the printing of my friend's HP printer. I forgot the model but it's fairly new with 3 in 1 and A3 printing capability. The quality was horrendous. And it drinks ink like it was thirsty or something. I myself am using the Canon IP6850 and imo nothing beats its printing quality.  Even if you use a quality 3rd party cartridge. 7ml you can print so much from so little ink. And the wifi capability is so easy to setup even a non-tech person can do it. A bit costly over the likes of Brothers and HP but it was worth it.

HP can be bit bitchy on drivers and stuff. But quality is good. I have Canon MP555 AIO. Really nice quality for both scans and prints. Ink could be cheaper. Its either €70 for original cartridges per year or €30 for off-brands/refills twice a year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

We recently had a huge electrical storm and I kid you not, a bolt must have hit an electrical transformer within a few houses from me because I heard THE loudest "pop" right after seeing THE brightest light right outside my back door. Our lights flickered, but not enough to cause the plug-in clocks to reset. The next day I noticed my printer (HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n) stopped working, our phones no longer worked, my router had to go through several resets to get back online, and our heater/AC unit circuitry was fried ($500 fix). Anyway, this printer has been crap since the beginning, and with a month after the warranty, things went to crap (I think this is intentional). There are MANY complaints about the 8600 series. After researching what's new, I may go with the HP Officejet Pro 8630 e All In One. I just hope it's far enough from the 8600 that their issues are fixed.

Brother hl2270dw. Laser-toner. Duplexer. Best thing ever for black and whites. Prints both sides. Runs out of toner about every 6-8 months. Was under 100$. I will never have another inkjet again - period.