LGBT community

carguy86
1 minute ago, mrzoltowski said:

See, Im not a fan of ultra clicky. I like the short travel smoothness of the ancient Microsoft Keyboard. I bought my little brother this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-9000121-UK-Performance-Multi-Colour-Mechanical/dp/B0153MTX4S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490828686&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair%2Bcherry&th=1

The MX red as per his request, played around with it and it just felt so foreign.

Have you tried other keyswitches? O-Rings?

51 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Thats a nice case. I am over the moon with my purchase, the Corsair Carbide 400C white. the transparent panel is almost the entire side of the case, and it wasn't too expensive.
The build quality is great and has plenty of room for cable management at the back.
One is a photo of my setup and one is a press pic.

build_step1.jpg

sdddddddddd.jpg

That's quite a nice case. Corsair however is more expensive than Fractal Design I think. Most cases sold here are tin cans for a full ATX motherboard or repurposed cases from early 2000s that still have 1 1/4" floppy disk drives. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

That's quite a nice case. Corsair however is more expensive than Fractal Design I think. Most cases sold here are tin cans for a full ATX motherboard or repurposed cases from early 2000s that still have 1 1/4" floppy disk drives. 

It was £80 so $88 USD plus $12 for 2 high lumen magnetic LED strips with remote control.

Just now, mrzoltowski said:

It was £80 so $88 USD plus $12 for 2 high lumen magnetic LED strips with remote control.

Fractal Design seems to be more expensive at $109.53. Which is odd because in PC Part Picker it's cheaper, at least on other retailers. I think I'll pick the i5-7500 because I don't really need to OC and pick a motherboard that isn't a Z270 and pick an air cooler instead. 

IMG_5351.thumb.PNG.c467d275dc4be417d545a07d4fe0a2b2.PNG

That tempered glass case tho... 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Fractal Design seems to be more expensive at $109.53. Which is odd because in PC Part Picker it's cheaper, at least on other retailers. I think I'll pick the i5-7500 because I don't really need to OC and pick a motherboard that isn't a Z270 and pick an air cooler instead. 

IMG_5351.thumb.PNG.c467d275dc4be417d545a07d4fe0a2b2.PNG

That tempered glass case tho... 

mmm yes I was looking into that, mind you, not a huge fan of the front, if I would ever buy this I would ask the local GlassSmith to cut me a piece  of a black smoky glass for the front.

30 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

mmm yes I was looking into that, mind you, not a huge fan of the front, if I would ever buy this I would ask the local GlassSmith to cut me a piece  of a black smoky glass for the front.

Here's a propsed build for my 26th birthday I hope (fingers crossed). I'm ditching the Gigabyte Z270M. The 1070 is kinda expensive so I hope team red's RX 480 will cut it or I can wait for their Vega GPU. I'll stick to team blue for processor. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BwLrhq 

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Here's a propsed build for my 26th birthday I hope (fingers crossed). I'm ditching the Gigabyte Z270M. The 1070 is kinda expensive so I hope team red's RX 480 will cut it or I can wait for their Vega GPU. I'll stick to team blue for processor. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BwLrhq 

Nice, although a few questions,

if you are going for a locked i5 CPU, why water cool it? A cheap CoolerMaster evo will do the job.

an M.2 Drive? a 500GB 850 EVO for half the price will do just fine. I use them in Video production. (PC boots in under 11 seconds)

You could use the extra $200 you save on a beefier GPU

So I now have an am2 rig with a 4400+ that i got for less then $15 :P What to upgrade in it hmm..... Its an oem ACER model btw

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

So I now have an am2 rig with a 4400+ that i got for less then $15 :P What to upgrade in it hmm..... Its an oem ACER model btw

what are the specs?

17 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

what are the specs?

am2 athlon 4400+, 2GBs DDR2 only 2 of the 4 slots are populated, dvd/CD drive with labeling capabilities (if I can find the right disk stickers :P), card reader bay, 160GB SATA Hdd, 250w powersupply (good enough for the HD4650 1GB but i have other supplies if i feel like i need more power), GB lan, DVI AND VGA onboard (kinda odd but nice), 1pcie 16x, 1 pcie 1x, 2 pci, 6 sata ports, 2 ide ports

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

athlon 4400+, 2GBs DDR2 only 2 of the 4 slots are populated, dvd/CD drive with labeling capabilities (if I can find the right disk stickers :P), card reader bay, 160GB SATA Hdd, 250w powersupply (good enough for the HD4650 1GB but i have other supplies if i feel like i need more power), GB lan, DVI AND VGA onboard (kinda odd but nice), 1pcie 16x, 1 pcie 1x, 2 pci, 6 sata ports, 2 ide ports

What's a DVD drive? Haha just kidding. Its so odd that within my lifetime I saw the first DVD drives in PC's and now they are being phased out.

Oooh and Athlon, it should run Hearthstone just fine.

One of the very first PC's I built was running a Cyrix 90+ Processor, running at a blazing 90Mhz (yes nine,zero) had 16 MB of RAM and a HUGE UltraDMA/33 5GB Drive. Oh those were the times.

10 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Nice, although a few questions,

if you are going for a locked i5 CPU, why water cool it? A cheap CoolerMaster evo will do the job.

an M.2 Drive? a 500GB 850 EVO for half the price will do just fine. I use them in Video production. (PC boots in under 11 seconds)

You could use the extra $200 you save on a beefier GPU

I'm ditching the water cooler for an air cooler. I'll edit that out. I want to try the insane speeds of m.2 that's why. I think the rx 480 will do just fine but. Here it is. Just updated it. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9Yw8sJ 

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm ditching the water cooler for an air cooler. I'll edit that out. I want to try the insane speeds of m.2 that's why. I think the rx 480 will do just fine but. Here it is. Just updated it. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9Yw8sJ 

Hehe, all the power to ya! Its just I would have squeezed more green into more polygon pushing than having it load faster.

I will probably go M.2 in a year or two. (I have been so spoiled by SSD speed that I almost tried to throw out my mums old DELL out of the window, took like 3 minutes to boot, everything felt soooooo slow, then I realised ... its always been that way!)

Just now, mrzoltowski said:

Hehe, all the power to ya! Its just I would have squeezed more green into more polygon pushing than having it load faster.

I will probably got M.2 in a year or two. (I have been so spoiled by SSD speed that I almost tried to throw out my mums old DELL out of the window, took like 3 minutes to boot, everything felt soooooo slow, then I realised ... its always been that way!)

Should I close my eyes and pick the 1070 instead? I'm not getting a 4K monitor, I think 1080p or 1440p is enough as long as it's 23" at least and I can play games at max settings and hopefully I'll learn how to use Premiere Pro. 

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Should I close my eyes and pick the 1070 instead? I'm not getting a 4K monitor, I think 1080p or 1440p is enough as long as it's 23" at least and I can play games at max settings and hopefully I'll learn how to use Premiere Pro. 

Yeah man, 1070 is great, got it for my little bro and he plays almost any game on his 1080p monitor on Ultra. I have the 1080 on my work/play PC and two old Titans in my mini render farm.

re 4k Monitors, all great and all but I am happy with my 1080p IPS display, maybe in a year or two. But for now its plenty.

2 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Yeah man, 1070 is great, got it for my little bro and he plays almost any game on his 1080p monitor on Ultra. I have the 1080 on my work/play PC and two old Titans in my mini render farm.

re 4k Monitors, all great and all but I am happy with my 1080p IPS display, maybe in a year or two. But for now its plenty.

1080p is pretty great! Unless you can see the pixels.... :dry: Can't wait till I can afford a 1440p monitor! 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

2 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

On another topic, what are you guise’s stances and situations with tablets? My mother just got the entire week off for her birthday, and she was born on Independence Day (cue explosions directed by Michael Bay)… so I want to gift her a Lenovo Miix 310 tablet for about $300 because that’s about all of the money I can make in a good month currently. FWIW, I am going to erase Windows 10 and put CyanogenMod on it ?

Tablets are great if you actually use them. My grandma has 2 of them (yeah...) but almost never uses either.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

4 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

On another topic, what are you guise’s stances and situations with tablets? My mother just got the entire week off for her birthday, and she was born on Independence Day (cue explosions directed by Michael Bay)… so I want to gift her a Lenovo Miix 310 tablet for about $300 because that’s about all of the money I can make in a good month currently. FWIW, I am going to erase Windows 10 and put CyanogenMod on it ?

That's super nice of you. What would she mainly use it for? If its anything like my mum it would be for some light accounting, Netflix, Facebook and obscure cooking sites.

2 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

Good. I don't think Windows 10 is properly optimized for a low power processor anyway not to mention the app gap between the Windows Store and Google Play. But most of the time my parents just use their phones and rarely touch the iPad. No wonder tablet sales are tanking. 

8 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

1080p is pretty great! Unless you can see the pixels.... :dry: Can't wait till I can afford a 1440p monitor! 

I think most people complaining that 1080p/1440p isn't enough are the ones who stick their eyes near screen just to see individual pixels. I have a 150/50 eye grade and a 1080p monitors look just fine. 

Unless of course someone can spend more than $500 for a 4K monitor like that LG ultrafine 5K or the ones made by Acer and does gaming at 4K max settings.

Just now, Nicholatian said:

Mostly she enjoys reading the BBC on her Kindle, and tries to use it for online banking and other web stuff but it’s too shabby to handle that. Kindles are usually pretty terrible and I’d gander that if anyone knows about build quality it would be either IBM or Lenovo… so I’d like to give them my money for that. They’re really reputable in my eyes.

Lenovo is ok, (obviously not the same quality as IBM was) ... and that tablet will be more than enough for her. The screen is a bit glarey but for the price the specs are pretty decent. I am sure she will be happy.

11 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

My mom uses a lot of tablet, specifically iPad.  She is so used to that. I wanted her to switch to a covnertible like some Asus with detachable keyboard so she can browse internet/watch movie while at the same time she can use a keyboard when she needs to but noooo iPad is better so she ended up getting the latest iPad Air 2 (Pro was too much)

4 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Good. I don't think Windows 10 is properly optimized for a low power processor anyway not to mention the app gap between the Windows Store and Google Play. But most of the time my parents just use their phones and rarely touch the iPad. No wonder tablet sales are tanking. 

I think most people complaining that 1080p/1440p isn't enough are the ones who stick their eyes near screen just to see individual pixels. I have a 150/50 eye grade and a 1080p monitors look just fine. 

Unless of course someone can spend more than $500 for a 4K monitor like that LG ultrafine 5K or the ones made by Acer and does gaming at 4K max settings.

I sit about 3 feet from my monitors and can see them.... I can also sometimes see then lines in between them from a normal viewing distance especially in areas where its showing a solid colour...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

Just now, 8uhbbhu8 said:

I sit about 3 feet from my monitors and can see them.... I can also sometimes see then lines in between them from a normal viewing distance especially in areas where its showing a solid colour...

I don't know. It doesn't bother me that much. I guess your eyes are sharper than mine. To each is own I guess ?

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

My mom uses a lot of tablet, specifically iPad.  She is so used to that. I wanted her to switch to a covnertible like some Asus with detachable keyboard so she can browse internet/watch movie while at the same time she can use a keyboard when she needs to but noooo iPad is better so she ended up getting the latest iPad Air 2 (Pro was too much)

"Same here brother, I was like mum look I can get you a Surface, it will run windows and you can do what you like. She was no ... I want a rose gold Ipad Air, I like the icons ... *SIGH*"