How are Cherry MX Blues for gaming?

Mr_Pixle

That keyboard seems nice but I want to stick to a color scheme. Maybe I'll just get a 6GV2 with reds. The build quality on my other one was good but I broke it :( I thought the Stealth 2013 had browns because they advertise it for a 45g key press which is the same as browns as well some videos say that it is browns. I do really like browns so I'm not sore if I should get reds because I like the feedback I get. But are they MX Browns?

My experience:

Blue's - excellent for typing / good for gaming

Brown's - great for typing / very good for gaming, just the right amount of tactility

Red's - crap for typing, no feedback, would rather a rubber dome / good for gaming, but I much prefer some tactile feedback, not zero

Black's - horrible for typing, no feedback, heavy, would rather rubber dome / ok for gaming, but too heavy and again, zero feedback

Get brown's.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I tried the WASD Sampler kit, and didn't notice the different between the keys (as far as actuation force goes anyway). I liked the tactile click of the Blues, and I'm not a frequent gamer, so I'd imagine Blues would be fine for me. For frequent/continuous gaming, I'd consider Browns to be better.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I would say they are loud, but work well for gaming :) unless the noise would annoy you :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I game with blues although there's that double tap (very minor) issue, I've gotten used to it and can double tap without any problems. Razer has that really "gaming keyboard" look, but keyboard enthusiasts really disapprove with the built quality of anything that has gaming as a label. You could try Ducky like the one Slick has. Ducky offers lots of LED and switch combinations but I'm not sure how available they are in where you live.