"Halo Online" Beta Coming to PC

Never mentioned MMORPGs, a game doesn't have to be a RPG to be an MMO. And most of those games you named were released before the industry moved towards subscription/micro transactions. And CoD and/battlefield/Titanfall has microtransactions, they call it a DLC. Paying to unlock weapons? That is a microtransaction, companies just decided to name it a DLC, when it doesn't add any more content. Just makes you pay to unlock content you COULD get for free.

Oh don't worry, there are hundreds of other games I can list.

As far as I know, the DLC for games like Battlefield are new maps and game modes, not really what most people classify as microtransactions (like paying to have the Halo Online pistol get a scope for 24 hours).

Without arguing more about semantics, you would be foolish to say that there are no multiplayer games which do not require you to keep paying (with microtransactions or subscription fees).

Also, even if what you said was true, my argument was that the industry didn't need it for all the previous decades. So even if you were right (which you aren't) about all modern multiplayer games having microtransactions or subscription fees, it still wouldn't contradict my argument.

Oh don't worry, there are hundreds of other games I can list.

As far as I know, the DLC for games like Battlefield are new maps and game modes, not really what most people classify as microtransactions (like paying to have the Halo Online pistol get a scope for 24 hours).

Without arguing more about semantics, you would be foolish to say that there are no multiplayer games which do not require you to keep paying (with microtransactions or subscription fees).

Also, even if what you said was true, my argument was that the industry didn't need it for all the previous decades. So even if you were right (which you aren't) about all modern multiplayer games having microtransactions or subscription fees, it still wouldn't contradict my argument.

micro transaction doesn't mean you have to keep paying. You can play fine without it, you only pay if you want something. And if u look into battlefield games, most of it is weapon packs and class packs.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

For those still following this, I have more tidbit information on the game.

Here's a video of someone loading the maps and playing with the weapons and vehicles, bypassing the login menu that would restrict it to closed beta members.

Special weapons and vehicles are not part of the loadout selection and exist where they are in the map they would exist in Halo 3.

https://youtu.be/fy1jbrrMfZc

Another video is from the Halo Online's video game file that shows up as the intro video.

It's currently in Russian but there is english subtitles that you can enable in the youtube video.

https://youtu.be/w26R1tMHn0k

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

MS never bought bungie....

They bought bungie when halo was still going to be a third person shoooter for pc. And years later shortly after halo 3 bungie made a deal with ms, to become an independent company.

For those who have been able to play, how do you find it? 

I personally think its Halo 3.5. Visuals seem to take from every game post 3, the map selection is pretty vast, the vehicle and weapons fire like they should. 

I have it installed and can load the maps, but does anyone know how to force it to make alan game with a specific game type, or even a online match?

PM me if you want me to tell you how to get it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I have it installed and can load the maps, but does anyone know how to force it to make alan game with a specific game type, or even a online match?

PM me if you want me to tell you how to get it.

The download out there doesn't seem to be the whole game, and online functionalities don't quite exist. Its been said that the loader will get updated so people might get access to at least some type of server browser/LAN support. 

Halo a game that hasn't been fun or interesting in years now with micro transactions. /cheer  Needless to say this doesn't excite me in the slightest.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

:) got it working 

10d57e6f3cc2fd001715e7d5419e33c2.jpg

1. Sign me up

2. Its looking good already

3. Fuck consoles, campaign mode can only be played so many times in Halo - I want to play against people who actually react, not retarded bots.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yea it's pretty cool. Gonna make me a video on it here soon.

It has a few problems as expected, but otherwise plays like Halo 3 but has the weapon models from 5. A few of the weapons on like Guardian are missing such as the pistol and the mauler and the carbine. BR spawns are replaced with ammo drops.

Yea it's pretty cool. Gonna make me a video on it here soon.

It has a few problems as expected, but otherwise plays like Halo 3 but has the weapon models from 5. A few of the weapons on like Guardian are missing such as the pistol and the mauler and the carbine. BR spawns are replaced with ammo drops.

Hex editing is already working. Yes, thats a Warthog with a Scorpion turret. Why not? 

ncWuzlw.jpg

Oh and heres something for you all 

c836a8262e3bcaa8a7ba052b97ea10e8.gif

-snip-

Woah like... I thought the little console to load maps while ingame was cool. That's nice. Also that multiplayer lobby.

This is why I love the Halo fandom, they do this sort of thing and they do it stupid quick. Like I thought solving the Halo 3 ARG puzzles seriously was awesome but this tops that imo. I need to check out the new Halo 5 ARG though.

If this doesn't send a clear "give us a real Halo PC port or release" message to Microsoft I don't know what will.

Playing it only made me wish that they'd just done a straight port of Halo 3, I'm not excited for this shit at all.