Microsoft Gives Windows 10 Upgrades to everyone?

lovingGamer
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Can i upgrade from my Win 7 32 Bit to Win 10 64 bit? (For free)

And would it be worth it?

yes but i think you will only get the 32bit version (not 100% on that yet)

500% worth it - its out around june

This is it right

Yes. And assuming you're a gamer (profile name) it'll definitely be worth it due to DX12

Windows 10 is free for upgrade for Win 7+ users during the first year of release

Oh Edit:

I dont think you can upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. It mostly depends on whether MS will allow you to clean install windows

yes....

Windows 10 is free for upgrade for Win 7+ users during the first year of release

Oh Edit:

I dont think you can upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. It mostly depends on whether MS will allow you to clean install windows

so it's still up? xD

I think it's good to note that if you currently run a cracked version of windows and do a upgrade, you won't suddenly have a legal version of windows.

(source)

Other than that, upgrading from 32bit to 64bit is always a good thing. (Especially if you have 4GB or more ram)

yes but i think you will only get the 32bit version (not 100% on that yet)

500% worth it - its out around june

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've been using Windows 10 on my overclocking rig since the tech preview was available, and since my Windows 7 installation has been screwed up by Microsoft (they refuse to activate it) I've been using Win 10 with no problems at all since (and Cortana doesn't work yet, which is a bonus).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've been using Windows 10 on my overclocking rig since the tech preview was available, and since my Windows 7 installation has been screwed up by Microsoft (they refuse to activate it) I've been using Win 10 with no problems at all since (and Cortana doesn't work yet, which is a bonus).

But my OS is...... guess what :)

But my OS is...... guess what :)

Win 7, in that case you will not have any problems, while it may be a bit buggy at the moment (I myself haven't noticed anything wrong), its a better OS than Win 7 already. Edit: Also, go with the 64 Bit version not 32 bit, its what I'm using ATM.

PMSL

Win 7, in that case you will not have any problems, while it may be a bit buggy at the moment (I myself haven't noticed anything wrong), its a better OS than Win 7 already. Edit: Also, go with the 64 Bit version not 32 bit, its what I'm using ATM.

Can i play bf3 in win 10?

And i have installed win 7 with disc (it's original)

but i did not get licences code, that is the problem...

EDIT: And my WiN 7 is 32 bit

Yes. And assuming you're a gamer (profile name) it'll definitely be worth it due to DX12

Oh Edit:

do you get a clean install from an upgrade? (i.e windows 7 files still not stored on the SSD / HHD ? ) and do your file migrate over after you install the upgrade ? 

do you get a clean install from an upgrade? (i.e windows 7 files still not stored on the SSD / HHD ? ) and do your file migrate over after you install the upgrade ? 

I'm not entirely sure with Windows 10 but I did manage to clean install (start from scratch) Windows 8 with their upgrade utility. They ask you whether you wanted to download the ISO file which I then flashed it into my USB allowing me to clean install. But as I said it mostly depends on how MS is planning to do it, if its through Windows update chances are pretty slim

Can i play bf3 in win 10?

And i have installed win 7 with disc (it's original)

but i did not get licences code, that is the problem...

EDIT: And my WiN 7 is 32 bit

I don't know, I haven't installed any of my Origin games yet (EA makes changing computers a pain in the ass). It should though, since its effectively a re-skin of Windows 8.1.

PMSL

Oh Edit:

That may not be quite correct,  Win 10 will be free FOR A YEAR from the time of release, we still don't know what happens after that year. Subscriptions?

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

sry, double post

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

That may not be quite correct,  Win 10 will be free FOR A YEAR from the time of release, we still don't know what happens after that year. Subscriptions?

I believe that's what I meant