HELP! pc freezes after logging into windows

rainbrodash666

so I let my nephew play on my computer he says he just opened runescape and now for the past 2 hours my pc freezes 15 seconds to a minute after I put in my password, in safe mode it lasts maybe 5 minutes. in event viewer it mentions something about dcom error 1084, im running windows 8.1 something online said it might be a bad graphics driver and when I try to uninstall it I get a freeze immediately. please help.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

so I let my nephew play on my computer he says he just opened runescape and now for the past 2 hours my pc freezes 15 seconds to a minute after I put in my password, in safe mode it lasts maybe 5 minutes. in event viewer it mentions something about dcom error 1084, im running windows 8.1 something online said it might be a bad graphics driver and when I try to uninstall it I get a freeze immediately. please help.

I'm guessing here, but are any of your compnonets OC'd? That may be an issue.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I'm guessing here, but are any of your compnonets OC'd? That may be an issue.

first thing I did was undoo any oc. im going to try and run the win 8 auto fix thing. wish me luck.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

first thing I did was undoo any oc. im going to try and run the win 8 auto fix thing. wish me luck.

Best of luck! :D

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

http://winwiki.org/dcom-got-error-1084-attempting-to-start-the-service-termservice/

Let me be clear in saying that I do not know about that download they recommend as a more automated solution so it is up to you if you use it but there is other information on this whole page that is useful if you try to fix everything manually.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Hiow about a quick CHKDSK?

-= I'm TheXDS! =-

Dont know if this is going to help in any way, but check out what is posted here. It may be of some use to you.

If that doesn't work then check to see if your drive was set up properly. This is a common problem with SSDs set up in IDE on accident.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If that doesn't work then check to see if your drive was set up properly. This is a common problem with SSDs set up in IDE on accident.

No, my ssd was and is in ahci mode or whatever, the system refresh seems to have worked. Installing my programs now.
Spoiler

No, my ssd was and is in ahci mode or whatever, the system refresh seems to have worked. Installing my programs now.

Alrighty, report back!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Alrighty, report back!

whelp after installing my programs and running malware bytes it is happening again. fml.

Spoiler

You mentioned that it could be a bad video driver, you could try removing the gpu and using an onboard if your computer has one, if not throwing in a different video card and using that with no drivers to see if that will boot for you.

And I had a friend that had something similar when his ram was going bad then it just started to blue screen, try taking all but one stick of ram out.

Sounds like your nephew didnt just play Runescape.... Id do as the post above to see if it is your GPU. If it is great, if not there is always formatting the drive and re-installing windows.

Try running system repair when booting up, It has worked in the past, and is an issue explained here:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/dcom-got-error-1084-attempting-to-start-the/ca233242-3c7d-4112-b241-d9b7fb367371

This is how to start system repair: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2843-automatic-repair-run-windows-8-a.html

Also, if running the system repair does fix the problem, I recommend running a antivirus and antimalware detection software to check for viruses. There could have been a virus that caused the error to occur

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Sounds like your nephew didnt just play Runescape.... Id do as the post above to see if it is your GPU. If it is great, if not there is always formatting the drive and re-installing windows.

I dont have an onboard gpu on a fx9590 or crosshair v formula z and all the gpu's I have in the house are amd so they will use the same driver. I think it might be bad ram now because the more things loading in to memory the faster it fails.

You mentioned that it could be a bad video driver, you could try removing the gpu and using an onboard if your computer has one, if not throwing in a different video card and using that with no drivers to see if that will boot for you.

And I had a friend that had something similar when his ram was going bad then it just started to blue screen, try taking all but one stick of ram out.

not getting blue screens and dont have any gpu's that cant use the latest catylist, but I think it might be ram too, but I don't get bsod just freeze testing that sometime today. woo for lifetime ram warranty

Any BSODs?

no bsod's and no crash dumps. I think it is ram because it freezes faster the more things i have loading into memory at startup.

Try running system repair when booting up, It has worked in the past, and is an issue explained here:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/dcom-got-error-1084-attempting-to-start-the/ca233242-3c7d-4112-b241-d9b7fb367371

This is how to start system repair: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2843-automatic-repair-run-windows-8-a.html

Also, if running the system repair does fix the problem, I recommend running a antivirus and antimalware detection software to check for viruses. There could have been a virus that caused the error to occur

system repair says it cant find a problem. and I run a malware bytes pro license so little if any malware on my pc. I think it is my ram because the more startup programs I have loading into memory the faster it fails.

Spoiler

Sounds like a ram problem.

Xmp profiles on?

Try one stick of ram at a time, with xmp on and xmp off.

Put memtest on a usb stick and run all tests to see if any errors are found. This will take a couple of hours. http://www.memtest86.com/

[CPU] 4790K @4.6Ghz  [MOBO]  VII Hero  [RAM]   16Gb G.Skill Trident X @ 2400Mhz  [GPU]  Asus 770 2GB [CASE] Nzxt H440 [sTORAGE]  HyperX 3k 256, 1TB WD Blue [PSU] Evga Supernova G2 750W [DISPLAYS] 2x Asus VX279q @ 1440p [COOLING] Cooler Master V8 Gts [KEYBOARD] Corsair K70 Blue Switches [MOUSE] Corsair M40 [sOUND] Sony 2.1 Soundbar, HyperX Cloud Headset, Audio Technica AT2020 Mic [OS] 8.1, Yosemite, Gemini

yah to test the ram all you have to do is remove all but one piece of ram. if it still does it switch out the ram it could be the bad stick. if it works with only one of the rams in there you go its ram.

oops sorry its jackson didnt see you already said to do that.

yah to test the ram all you have to do is remove all but one piece of ram. if it still does it switch out the ram it could be the bad stick. if it works with only one of the rams in there you go its ram.

oops sorry its jackson didnt see you already said to do that.

I tested different ram, it doesn't look like the problem. I'm just going to take this opportunity to do a full teardown, clean every thing and fresh install of Windows 8.1 if that doesn't work I'll hit it with my truck.
Spoiler

I tested different ram, it doesn't look like the problem. I'm just going to take this opportunity to do a full teardown, clean every thing and fresh install of Windows 8.1 if that doesn't work I'll hit it with my truck.

See I wish that you could test your video input but you stated that you don't have onboard graphics.

well I found something that was probably contributing a good amount to the problem, this FNKJK5J.jpg

Spoiler

well I found something that was probably contributing a good amount to the problem, this

[iMAGE]

Ah, a power problem. Hope you've got a modular power supply.

post-76195-0-67845900-1427399719.png

[CPU] 4790K @4.6Ghz  [MOBO]  VII Hero  [RAM]   16Gb G.Skill Trident X @ 2400Mhz  [GPU]  Asus 770 2GB [CASE] Nzxt H440 [sTORAGE]  HyperX 3k 256, 1TB WD Blue [PSU] Evga Supernova G2 750W [DISPLAYS] 2x Asus VX279q @ 1440p [COOLING] Cooler Master V8 Gts [KEYBOARD] Corsair K70 Blue Switches [MOUSE] Corsair M40 [sOUND] Sony 2.1 Soundbar, HyperX Cloud Headset, Audio Technica AT2020 Mic [OS] 8.1, Yosemite, Gemini

Ah, a power problem. Hope you've got a modular power supply.

nope, cooler master GX750 with a 5 year waranty, already have my rma in and they are upgrading me to a cooler master G750M with Japanese caps and  semi modular design. thinking fo selling it and getting a better psu with a cpu 8 pin and extra 4/8 pin for the other connector on my motherboard.

Spoiler

nope, cooler master GX750 with a 5 year waranty, already have my rma in and they are upgrading me to a cooler master G750M with Japanese caps and  semi modular design. thinking fo selling it and getting a better psu with a cpu 8 pin and extra 4/8 pin for the other connector on my motherboard.

Gotta love Cooler Master