Need recommendations on games for a my laptop..

DarthVader1022

Hello everyone,

I am not much of a laptop guy for playing games as I use my desktop for mainly playing any high end game and never really checked to see if my laptop would play any games before as I mainly use it for web surfing.

Anyways I am going to be needing my laptop over the next few months as I am going to be having my 5th back surgery in about a month so I like to be able to play some games on it while I am recovering from the surgery as I will not be moving around or be able to sit for any long periods very good as the surgery I am having is on my l4 and l5 disc..

So I am hoping I can get some fairy good games I like to play on it.

Here is just a few of my favorite games I like to play and they are all Call Of Duty series and Medal Of Honor series,I also like playing Diablo II with the expansion pack lord of destruction I think it is called,I would also like to try the new Diablo if it will play on my laptop..

I am sure the COD and MOHAA will not be very playable on my laptop plus I think it very hard for me to play anyways after the surgery,so any game like Diablo would be good for me or games similar to Diablo..

So can anyone tell me for sure will these games play on my laptop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Here is the specs of my laptop..

ASUS Q500A

Intel Core i7 3632QM (2.20GHz)

8GB Memory 750GB HDD

Intel HD Graphics 4000

15.6" Touchscreen

Windows 8.1

Just try the games out and see if you get a decent FPS.

In theory it wont be able to play many games but maybe in practice it will be different.

Some games are still playable at <30 fps

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

You sound like you will have a lot of time on your hands. CIV V will take all of that time. Your welcome / I'm Sorry.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

You sound like you will have a lot of time on your hands. CIV V will take all of that time. Your welcome / I'm Sorry.

That is for sure been through it a couple times,I am just glad I got my new gaming PC built before I went through this surgery..

Minecraft qmd league of legends are good.

Thank You I going to go check those games out...

I like ragnarok, its a 16 year old game now, but still about a million people play on private and public servers, Ragnarok online 2 sucks tho

How about CS:S/CS:GO, Team Fortress 2 and Gmod? You will find shitload of mods that will keep you busy especially Gmod. :P

They don't require a GPU to run, and I am sure you can run it.

I like ragnarok, its a 16 year old game now, but still about a million people play on private and public servers, Ragnarok online 2 sucks tho

Thanks I will have to check out this game as well..

How about CS:S/CS:GO, Team Fortress 2 and Gmod? You will find shitload of mods that will keep you busy especially Gmod. :P

They don't require a GPU to run, and I am sure you can run it.

Thanks there is one thing I like to know about some of the games you mentioned,can these game be played solo or do I have to play them online in multiplayer,I like playing games that are solo  and not have to go play them online especially with a laptop..I have a very hard time playing games where I am not using a full size keyboard if you know what I mean..

Thanks I will have to check out this game as well..

Thanks there is one thing I like to know about some of the games you mentioned,can these game be played solo or do I have to play them online in multiplayer,I like playing games that are solo  and not have to go play them online especially with a laptop..I have a very hard time playing games where I am not using a full size keyboard if you know what I mean..

Yeah, I know what you mean. CS:GO/CS:S, TF2 and Gmod are all online and enjoyable at online. I also did play laptop on CS:GO, and it was difficult to play, lol. However, you can buy a compact keyboard, plug it and and you are done.

CS:GO/CS:S and TF2 are mostly online and competitive. You can play offline or solo, but it will be you vs bots which it is boring.

Only solo games without requiring an external keyboard, you can play RTS or RPG games which I believe it is easier. 

I mean if you mostly play solo games without using the laptop keyboard. You are pretty much eliminating ton of games such as shooters.

Or you can buy a controller and play some games, lol.

Abyss Odyssey 

Alan Wake

Assassin's Creed

Audiosurf

BattleBlock Theater

Bioshock 1, 2 and possibly Infinite.

Borderlands 1, 2 and possibly Pre-Sequel

Child of Light

Company of Heroes and 2

Darksiders 1 and 2.

Dead Effect (Android and iOS App game ported to Steam)

Devil May Cry 3, 4 and DMC

MoBas such as LoL, Dota 2, Smite, etc.

Dragon Age

FEAR (lol)

Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Grey Goo

Mount & Blade, Warband and with Fire and Sword

Payday and Payday 2

Resident Evil 4 and maybe Resident Evil 5, 6, Revelations 1 and 2.

STALKER

Saint Rows 2

Sid Meier's Civilizations

Sleeping Dogs maybe

South Park The Stick of Truth

Stronghold's series

Command & Conquers series

Terraria 

Minecraft

This War of Mine (DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE GAME!)

Maybe the old Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Games?

Trine 1 and 2

The Walking Dead and Season Two

Warhammer 40k

The Witcher 1 and possibly 2...

The Wolf Among Us

Starcraft 2

Diablo 3 (possibly)

Thanks yeah I may will have to try playing some of the games with the laptop keyboard.I just know it is going to be hard as hell especially any FPS games so I trying to stay away from them if I can,that is why I like Diablo II with the Lord Of Destruction expansion pack,I went and installed Diablo but I seen a video I have to modify it a little to play on Windows 8.1,I guess because it is a older game that it needs to be modified a little to play..

There is one game I wish they had for Windows was a game called Zelda Adventure Of Link,I loved playing this game when I had my Nintendo system,I have to look around and see if there is one online of this game for PC..

I really missed some of the old games I use to have..

Thanks yeah I may will have to try playing some of the games with the laptop keyboard.I just know it is going to be hard as hell especially any FPS games so I trying to stay away from them if I can,that is why I like Diablo II with the Lord Of Destruction expansion pack,I went and installed Diablo but I seen a video I have to modify it a little to play on Windows 8.1,I guess because it is a older game that it needs to be modified a little to play..

There is one game I wish they had for Windows was a game called Zelda Adventure Of Link,I loved playing this game when I had my Nintendo system,I have to look around and see if there is one online of this game for PC..

I really missed some of the old games I use to have..

I forgot to mention. You can download emulator games so there is that. :P

For me, I would HIGHLY recommend This War of Mine.

The game isn't FPS or anything. It is a survival game where you are a civilians rather a soldiers and trying to survive with foods, medicines, etc during the war. It is quite intense and thrilling to play. Although you do make mistakes here and there and end up quitting the game because it is difficult, you will always come back and play to try out something new. Well, that is what I do, and I became a fond of it when playing. Watch some tutorial videos about it because there is no tutorials on how to play. You will ease right in and enjoy the game. :P

id recoomend getting an emulator and get those old games for ps n64 sega, 

i got pcsx and got some iso files for old games, alundra being one,

and have to say i really enjoyed it, and didnt need a serious system at the time to play them, plus easy to configure a controller for it if you arent a keyboard player.

MOBAs like League of Legends, Smite, and DOTA 2 are normally good choices for low-end PCs and laptops.

MMOs aren't very intensive either, but I don't see those being your cup of tea.

I'm sure that computer will run Diablo III if you'd like to give that a shot.

Also, a quick run through of Steam's indie game section isn't a bad idea. Maybe something like Bastion, Dust: An Elysian Tail, or Rogue Legacy may strike your fancy.

I bet that thing would run Civilization V pretty well too, and that game can be a huge time sink. Especially if you get some buddies to play too.

Anyway, I hope you're able to find something to keep you entertained, and I hope all goes well with the surgery.

// Don't forget to enter a concise, possibly witty statement about yourself

Thanks everyone for the help,just a quick question regarding Steam am I able to run it on separate computers such as my laptop using the same account I have on my desktop.?

Yes. You can use the same account on multiple computers. However, you can't be playing something on your laptop and your desktop at the same time.

// Don't forget to enter a concise, possibly witty statement about yourself

Yes. You can use the same account on multiple computers. However, you can't be playing something on your laptop and your desktop at the same time.

Thanks I was not 100% sure but now I know..

Actually, you can.

It is called Steam Stream.

When both of your laptop and desktop have a same game download or one game download on your desktop, and you register your Steam account on a desktop and second on laptop. You can stream the game.

I wish to Thank You all for your help on what I should play for games on my laptop,unfortunately I am having another problem and it is getting Steam to work on the Laptop,I started a thread here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/336017-steam-fatal-error-problem-need-help-fixing/#entry4584758 of the problem I am having with Steam..maybe you can all help me with this issue..

Thanks so much for your help everyone..