Steam Fatal Error problem need help fixing

DarthVader1022

Hello everyone,

I hoping I can get some help me here,I installed Steam on my laptop that has Windows 8.1 64 bit but for some odd reason I am getting a error message that says this.

Steam needs to be online to update.Please confirm your network connection and try again..

Now I know I am online as I am typing this problem I am having on the laptop I am asking for help,I am off course running wireless and not a hard wired which I would not think it would matter if it is hard wired or wireless to run Steam..

Can Anyone please help me fix this problem,I have removed and reinstalled Steam but still get the same error,here is a screen shot of this error..

0v8cTb.jpg

I got this error for about a year when finally it went and finally I can use Steam now, don't know the reason for it though.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I guess the obvious here is make sure you didnt accidentally block it in your firewall, so turn off firewall and see if it still gives you the issue. Failing that im sure there will be others that have faced the same issue that may have the fix either here or certainly on the steam forums.